The Let's All Vent About Man-U thread

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Which is the more heated rivalry?

Wenger vs. Alex Ferguson
41%
Wenger vs. Mourinho
59%

Total votes : 97

Re: The Let's All Vent About Chelsea and Mourinho Thread

Postby Zedie » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:43 am

John Ozil wrote:Man utd/Arsenal rivalry from '97-'05 was the best in PL history

Wenger vs Fergie
Vieira vs Keane

Pizza gate
The match where keown close lined van nistelrooy after the missed pen.
The match when it kicked off massively and only arsenal players got done even though neville was caught on camera smacking someone
Keane v vieira battles were epic
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby arsebandit » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:59 am

I echo VaVaVoom's words.
There is no rivalry/competition....
The clue being in the words... Rival/Compete... Wenger is/does neither.
Our rivals, sadly are now Everton/titteringsham & those red scouse turds.
Moureen is a t***er. He is also a winner :-(
arsebandit
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Dubs4Sam » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:24 am

Anybody else pissed how far Fabergas had to run to join in the celebration for their 2nd goal? He passed the ball 10+ yards behind the half way line on Chelsea side but found it a good idea to run all that way to celebrate with Costa and Co. Compared to Lampard a couple of weeks back he pretty much shitted all over us. Could have easily to show our fans the respect he says he has for us by celebrating where he was. Prob just me being over sensitive.
Dubs4Sam
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Zedie » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:45 am

Dubs4Sam wrote:Anybody else pissed how far Fabergas had to run to join in the celebration for their 2nd goal? He passed the ball 10+ yards behind the half way line on Chelsea side but found it a good idea to run all that way to celebrate with Costa and Co. Compared to Lampard a couple of weeks back he pretty much shitted all over us. Could have easily to show our fans the respect he says he has for us by celebrating where he was. Prob just me being over sensitive.

Apparently he came and applauded the away support afterwards if that's worth anything. The pass for the goal was more devastating than anything else that happened for me.

It was f***ing perfection.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:56 am

Zedie wrote:Apparently he came and applauded the away support afterwards if that's worth anything.

It isn't.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Cripps » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:03 am

Dubs4Sam wrote:Anybody else pissed how far Fabergas had to run to join in the celebration for their 2nd goal? He passed the ball 10+ yards behind the half way line on Chelsea side but found it a good idea to run all that way to celebrate with Costa and Co. Compared to Lampard a couple of weeks back he pretty much shitted all over us. Could have easily to show our fans the respect he says he has for us by celebrating where he was. Prob just me being over sensitive.

He's a chelsea player. Why shouldn't he celebrate with his team mates?
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Maradonna » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:12 am

Zedie wrote:

Apparently he came and applauded the away support afterwards if that's worth anything. The pass for the goal was more devastating than anything else that happened for me.

It was f***ing perfection.

it was a mistake not going for him.
Maradonna
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Dubs4Sam » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:37 am

Cripps wrote:

You dont do that and then aftewards tell SS that Arsenal will always be in your heart. Perspective. Any who as I said prob me being over sensitive.

And Zedie yeah - What a Pass! Sublime.
Dubs4Sam
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby GunnGunn » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:52 am

Its not like he scored. If he had scored then i am sure he would have been more restrained.

Lampard did score, so the situations are hardly compareable.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Dubs4Sam » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:02 am

GunnGunn wrote:Its not like he scored. If he had scored then i am sure he would have been more restrained.

Lampard did score, so the situations are hardly compareable.

I'm sorry it is completely and I mean compelety the other way around when talking about trying to restrain yourself.
Dubs4Sam
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Schlandi » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:23 am

Dubs4Sam wrote:
Cripps wrote:

You dont do that and then aftewards tell SS that Arsenal will always be in your heart. Perspective. Any who as I said prob me being over sensitive.

And Zedie yeah - What a Pass! Sublime.

It's not his fault that he wears "the wrong jersey" he tried to rejoin us he couldn't do more than that but the important people in the club didn't want him so he accepted to work for another "company". And I dunno why some Arsenal fans always start complaining about former players and kick up a shindy when they manage to do something against us and start celebrating in a normal way with their new teammates I mean he didn't run to our fans or bench and start insulting them while our fans booed him yesterday .. you can't ask for respect if you are unwilled to respect others.

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby jmiles10 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:28 am

he doesn't play for us, can't not expect him to celebrate a goal with his teammates after he plays a great pass.

I am sure arsenal is in his heart, it played a big part in his life, but people move on
jmiles10
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby 1991 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:38 am

2004/2005 was the only time Wenger ever really competed with Mourinho. We've been a level below ever since. Before that they were beneath our level, there's never been a football rivalry between the two clubs.

On the fan side of things they're obsessed with us because we are traditionally the biggest club in London and they're desperate for a big club rivalry, but there's no real history there. Most of their fans are from the west & south west london suburbs which is a pretty long away from us so there isn't a local thing to make us care about them either.
Jonathan Pearce - "Regarding any new transfers you are not going to give me a clue are you?"
Arsene Wenger - "I cannot give you what i don't have"
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Massa » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:40 pm

Not much of a rivalry when one of them is far superior
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby BMcG » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:42 pm

No point in venting at chelsea and Jose,

They got the points again we didn't.

mourinho is a winner and he doesn't care who he upsets or what he does to achieve it.

Id take him at arsenal our inept performances against the other big clubs would soon stop.

Chelsea have a better team and a better manager end of.
BMcG
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football