Ribery's contractual agreements

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Ribery's contractual agreements

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:17 am

From Sky Sports

Franck Ribery has revealed he has an agreement with Marseille's majority shareholder and other club officials which will allow him to leave at the end of the season.

The French international is being strongly linked with a summer exit from the Stade Velodrome, with clubs across Europe known admirers of the playmaker.

Arsenal, Manchester United, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid are all strong candidates to sign Ribery, although l'OM have slapped a €20million (£13.5million) price tag on their star.

Ribery is desperate to play UEFA Champions League football next season and the 24-year-old has an agreement with majority shareholder Robert Louis-Dreyfus to let him depart in the summer.

"No club has contacted me directly," Ribery told L'Equipe. "And if my agent or my club has been contacted I don't want to know it before the end of the season.

"I ask my agent not to tell me anything. My priority is to finish the best with Marseille.

"Has Robert Louis-Dreyfus given me his agreement to let me leave in the summer? Yes and the officials did too. I trust them to fulfil their commitment.

"Do I want to leave in June? Very honestly, it will depend on Champions League qualification.

"I also would like to discover new foreign leagues like England or Spain. But you can understand I can't talk a lot about that."

Ribery, who has recently returned from a month out with a broken foot, hopes Marseille will finish in the top three and claim a spot in next season's Champions League.

"We have eight matches remaining and I keep faith for Champions League qualification," he added. "Third position is just a few points away.

"I say it clearly: I want to play in the Champions League, it is my main personal aim."

Ive highlited a few quotes in there, which look interesting....
Could Franck be one of the Super, Super class signings Wenger is speaking of?
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby pirezfan » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:55 pm

it might re-spark the once feared French Connection again :)
once a gooner...ALWAYS A GOONER!!
GO GUNNERS GO!
pirezfan
Patrick Vieira

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:06 pm

Ahhhhh the memories! :P
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby rvtheace » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:05 pm

The good ol' days, indeed. But I don't think Ribery is much of a deadly finisher. But I'd love to see him down our right flank! Well, 'see' him as in, 'see him play'... y'know?
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Windass10 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:06 pm

Ribery is a perfect replacement for Pires.
Windass10

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:40 am

According to reports Marseille have given Ribery the option to leave. :?:
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby left right left » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:25 pm

dont want him!!! we have enoth wingers!! unless we let hleb go?
you mess and you get the knocked the f**k out baby!!!!!!
left right left
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:08 pm

left right left wrote:dont want him!!! we have enoth wingers!! unless we let hleb go?

I cant see us letting Hleb go just yet, think he still has another year on contract, but that could be worked around, he was another player i thought we'd landed a diamond in, his work rate is good but there's no end product & i feel he's a bit lightweight, gives the ball away far too much.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Return to Domestic Football