Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Mikel Arteta

Postby sneer » Thu May 17, 2018 5:03 pm

Arsenal is going to fail so hard it's going to like a nightmare if this guy is given the job.
The ManCity Liverpool game when Pep got sent to the stands, should have been an indication of just how inept he is.I am surprised anyone would consider him for the job.
sneer
Michael Thomas

Postby elkanofan » Sat May 19, 2018 3:22 am

I'll support him but this board is a serious problem.

Going for the f***ing cheap option again! No ambition, we need someone to get Kroenke out and put some ambitious investment into the club. This is so important and vital now yet we get once again this lets not spend too much pussy mentallity which is ruining our club!
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby BS221B » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:36 pm

He is getting a lot of praise from Pep. He is actually being seen as Pep's successor at Manchester City, hope we get him before that.

But twice this season, Guardiola – or one of his camp – have doled out praise to assistant Mikel Arteta for coming up with game-changing moments.

“Do you remember from Sunday’s game, after the second goal, Pep’s hug with Mikel?

“That was because Mikel said to Mendy, ‘Don’t make a high cross when you get to the end line, make a cut-back along the floor,’ and after that Bernardo scored the goal.

Said Guardiola: “We are vulnerable in set pieces, we are not the tallest team in the world, but we defend with a good mentality.

“Of course Mikel Arteta works a lot on set pieces and we get the goal.”

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... a-15797457

Been saying for a while, Arteta has an amazing football mind, he will surely make it as top manager.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:33 pm

We heard the same things about Ryan Giggs. Where is he now?

If Pep truly trusts Arteta, he'll take him to his next job too. Arteta would be a moron to follow in the footsteps of Henry, Neville and others who tried to enter the big time without paying their dues at bullshit clubs.

City will also never hand the reigns to someone who hasnt won anything. Only Chelsea do that, but theyve already hired and sacked everybody else so not a lot of options.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby BS221B » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:02 pm

Pep will surely take Arteta to his next job if Arteta doesnt stay as his successor. Like i said, he is destined to become a great manager.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby BS221B » Wed May 08, 2019 9:53 pm

Our future boss is on his way to the second PL title :clap:

He is the man behind the Manchester City's shithousery as well. Bring him to the club he captained, his home.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Godlop » Wed May 08, 2019 10:09 pm

Wenger says a lot of shit but he also says a lot of things that turn out to be true.
Wenger was always very high on Artetas ability as a Manager so maybe he's the right man for Arsenal.
عمود اضاءة
Godlop
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby UFGN » Wed May 08, 2019 10:15 pm

Godlop wrote:Wenger says a lot of shit but he also says a lot of things that turn out to be true.
Wenger was always very high on Artetas ability as a Manager so maybe he's the right man for Arsenal.

Wenger wasn't the right man so why should we trust his opinion on who the right man is
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu May 09, 2019 5:54 am

Every time I can remember arteta filling in for pep at city they have been rubbish. Arteta has not managed before and for that reason i do not want him anywhere near the top job at our club.

I wouldn't have a problem with getting him in to replace Bouldy though.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby BS221B » Thu May 23, 2019 11:25 am

There is a good chance of him becoming to next Manchester City manager if the bald one leaves for Juventus.

Can't wait to see him as manager tbh.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Nuggets » Thu May 23, 2019 12:12 pm

Tony_Adams wrote:Every time I can remember arteta filling in for pep at city they have been rubbish. Arteta has not managed before and for that reason i do not want him anywhere near the top job at our club.

I wouldn't have a problem with getting him in to replace Bouldy though.

I wouldn't have a problem with anybody replacing this useless idiot.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Re: Is this the final season of Mikel Arteta for us ?

Postby Jedi » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:08 pm

Sims wrote:The dream of Pep/Arteta duo is now going to happen at City

Devastated if it happens tbh, future Arsenal manager ffs

true
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Re: Is this the final season of Mikel Arteta for us ?

Postby Angelito » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:18 pm

Schlandi wrote:Image

:arse fan:

Angelito wrote:Peak Arteta would have been golden for this English side. He has the technique, distribution, and mentality.

Out of the young lot, he's the one who I can envision as a top manager in coming years.

:sneaky2:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Mikel Arteta

Postby Jedi » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:45 pm

Honestly, feeling fairly positive about this Arteta appointment. It's a massive risk, but a needed one. I'd prefer if he took over a near top 4 side instead of the mess we're in right now, so I'll be lax with him the same way i was with Emery in the beginning.

My expectations:
Rest of the season is free. Nothing bar relegation is a sackable offense. His first job as a manager, and he couldn't land in a bigger mess.

For 20/21, most of all, i want to see a clear style of play and direction, even if it's with varying success. This is obviously something we've lacked under Emery, which many posters have pointed out. Top 4 would be fantastic but a top 5/6 finish will be acceptable for me as long as the previous requirement is met.

For 21/22, it's top 4. If he can't get us back to top 4 in two full seasons, he's not good enough.

Angelito wrote:
Angelito wrote:Peak Arteta would have been golden for this English side. He has the technique, distribution, and mentality.

Out of the young lot, he's the one who I can envision as a top manager in coming years.

:sneaky2:

Let us hope you were right.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby LMAO » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:46 pm

Scenes when Arteta leads us to glory and becomes Sir Mikel.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk