The Let's all laugh at Spurs Thread

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: The Let's all laugh at Spurs Thread

Postby Santi » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:19 am

Sims wrote:dele alli had 6 successful passes in the second half

4 of them were from kcik off

the despicable c***

:rofll: :rofll:

U little kuuuuunt
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:04 pm

Dier scored one for his team, at fault for two for us. Thanks bro!! Good to have friends on the other side too!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Fran Solo » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:37 am

Madness incoming. What is this man talking about?

'I don't like it' - Pochettino tells Arsenal to save social media celebrations for trophy wins

The Tottenham boss says the Gunners should hold off on taking to Twitter and Instagram in celebration until they have won a trophy
Mauricio Pochettino says Arsenal should save celebratory social media posts for after trophy-winning triumphs rather than mid-season derby wins.

The Gunners emerged victorious from the most recent north London derby with Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang scoring twice while Lucas Torreira and Alexandre Lacazette added a goal apiece.

After the match, Aubameyang shared a video of the dressing room celebrations while Sead Kolasinac referred to the Gunners as the "Kings of North London" in a tweet.

"Personally, I don't like it," Pochettino said when asked about the dressing room posts.

"Obviously if you win a trophy, like I won when I was a player, it's a moment to celebrate. For me -- this is my mentality and I don't want to say it's right or wrong -- I love to celebrate in private and not make it public. I love to celebrate the things with your team-mates.

"If you win, of course celebrate and show the fans you're happy -- it's fantastic -- but when you win a trophy, when you win something special.

"In the end, Arsenal and Tottenham, we are on 30 points each. We're in a similar position, still with a lot of things to play for. But to be sporting enemies is a fantastic thing and I don't want to criticise what people want to do.

"Today it's normal. Look what happened in social media. I go with my dog to the park, Trent Park, and the most important thing [for other people] is not to share the walk with your dog, it's to share with your followers. I'm of the older generation. I accept the new technology but I try to keep a bit of that away."

While Pochettino did not necessarily approve of the social media activity, he did take some pride in it.

The Argentine says that the posts show the status of Tottenham, as teams are feeling pride from taking down Pochettino's side.

"When people celebrate like this, it's because they respect you and see you as a big club," he said.

"When we arrived here five years ago, the derby was a little bit 'well it's normally Arsenal always above Tottenham.' But now the last two seasons we were above [them], and how they celebrate, of course it's a derby but you start to see [those social media posts].

"It was a massive win for them, of course, and for us it was a massive disappointment -- but it showed the respect that we got in the last few years with our performances, with our results.

"[Our chief scout] Steve Hitchen was at the Liverpool game against Everton and was watching our game before in the stadium -- and when Arsenal scored the third goal all the Liverpool fans celebrated, like Arsenal celebrated after.

"It's clear we're doing something good. I love it when the people celebrate when they beat you. I don't like it when the people don't celebrate because it's normal to beat Tottenham."

Tottenham currently sit fifth in the Premier League ahead of Wednesday's home match against Southampton.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/i-dont- ... dw2yk7oqor
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:46 am

He's right.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Fran Solo » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:00 am

He might be right about one thing, but obviously wrong on a lot of other things.

1. We always celebrate like crazy after defeating them. Not only this time. And obviously not because we respect them.
2. Most social media will be empty if we can only celebrate after winning something.
3. He said that he don't want to criticize people, but he just criticized our players. Yeah, right.
4. He prefers to share with his dog rather than with people.
5. The biggest one: He was talking about winning thropies. Really? Winning thropies? LMAO.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:43 am

Ha ha. :arse flag.gif:

Seems it really got under his skin.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:50 am

Fran Solo wrote:He might be right about one thing, but obviously wrong on a lot of other things.

1. We always celebrate like crazy after defeating them. Not only this time. And obviously not because we respect them.
2. Most social media will be empty if we can only celebrate after winning something.
3. He said that he don't want to criticize people, but he just criticized our players. Yeah, right.
5. The biggest one: He was talking about winning thropies. Really? Winning thropies? LMAO.

Celebrate publicly when you win a trophy

Not when you win a match
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Phil71 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:17 am

UFGN wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:He might be right about one thing, but obviously wrong on a lot of other things.

Not when you win a match

What nonsense.

Football players and fans celebrating publicly after a big win is part of the game.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Fran Solo » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:07 am

UFGN wrote:

Not when you win a match

Yeah. He was not 100% wrong on that one. But things have changed in this Internet social media era. I believe Kane, Alli and the others Spurs' players social media will be full of them if they won against us.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Rockape » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:10 am

FFS....if some of his team were only allowed to celebrate when they won something, they'd never celebrate in their whole careers! :arse fan:
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Zedie » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:03 pm

Rockape wrote:FFS....if some of his team were only allowed to celebrate when they won something, they'd never celebrate in their whole careers! :arse fan:

Yup. Only being allowed to shout "hoozaaahh" if you win a league title is a bit silly.

90% of this forum has been celebrating this win for most of the week now:

Colleagues getting rinsed
Friends and family getting rinsed
Posting on social media for the bantz
Creaming over specific performances on this very board

Etc.

Why can't they be happy for destroying spurs?

f**k all that sombre shit, we made Jamie redknapp man sob. That should be celebrated for the rest of the season.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:44 pm

Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby StLGooner » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:52 pm

We did go a little overboard, but it's the NLD and emotions are high, plus the way the game went added to the intensity and emotion of it all.

But lets not act like Spurs are innocent, I remember them celebrating like that when they didn't win a trophy. Probably even made a DVD for it too.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby UFGN » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:53 pm

It pisses them off more to not make a fuss

UFGN

Postby Santi » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:20 pm

Why does everyone want to make football so boring these days?

Celebrate ur f***ing ass off at every 3 points or cup win, particularly any involving the dirty spuds!!

Been talking about the game all week at work and f***ing love it, still watching the highlights over and over. Fans and players should all be enjoying themselves about it as long as it doesn’t affect the next game
Santi
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football