The Let's all laugh at Spurs Thread

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: The Let's all laugh at Spurs Thread

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:10 pm

Very good point made by a fan after the game.
Spurs fans all went home well before the end - compared to our 3-1 loss where our fans stayed till the end. Astute suggestion is that all Spurs fans can hope for is the result, Conte’s anti-football is so boring it’s not worth their while sticking around if they aren’t going to win.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Fran Solo » Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:45 am

jayramfootball wrote:Very good point made by a fan after the game.
Spurs fans all went home well before the end - compared to our 3-1 loss where our fans stayed till the end. Astute suggestion is that all Spurs fans can hope for is the result, Conte’s anti-football is so boring it’s not worth their while sticking around if they aren’t going to win.

I think it was mostly because Conte made defensive substitutions after the red card. They could not take that.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:02 pm

Fluffed it against Frankfurt.
Quality of the game was really low on both sides… will Conte last the season if he continues to serve up his Conteball?
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby UFGN » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:21 pm

I get it that they're c**** and it's always fun to kick them.....

But the way people, including their own fans, are going on, and the reality doesn't match.

They're only four points off the top. I hope they plunge into the depths of football hell, but let's be honest, they're not anywhere near crisis

It's a results game. If their fans want to kid themselves that they have this heritage of beautiful football they harp on about, fine. But it's a fantasy.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Fran Solo » Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:34 am

UFGN wrote:I get it that they're c**** and it's always fun to kick them.....

But the way people, including their own fans, are going on, and the reality doesn't match.

They're only four points off the top. I hope they plunge into the depths of football hell, but let's be honest, they're not anywhere near crisis

It's a results game. If their fans want to kid themselves that they have this heritage of beautiful football they harp on about, fine. But it's a fantasy.

They were not this boring last year. Now, they use this tactic even against Forest. Lol.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:26 am

I watched the shit game last night and they were not as Tottenham as they usually are. They did try to attack it’s just their final ball tended to be Tottenham.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Fran Solo » Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:31 am

jayramfootball wrote:I watched the shit game last night and they were not as Tottenham as they usually are. They did try to attack it’s just their final ball tended to be Tottenham.

Remember what Conte said about subbing off Son, Richarlison etc after we were 3-1 up at the weekend?
"Because we have CL" he said. Now what? Lol.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:46 am

Fran Solo wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:I watched the shit game last night and they were not as Tottenham as they usually are. They did try to attack it’s just their final ball tended to be Tottenham.

Remember what Conte said about subbing off Son, Richarlison etc after we were 3-1 up at the weekend?
"Because we have CL" he said. Now what? Lol.

Conte was a bit of a drama Queen in the press conference too. Very salty. No idea why he singled out one of his players though.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:38 am

Peter Crouch talking about Spurs' playing style: "I played this way at Stoke"

:rofll:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Angelito » Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:23 pm

I think it's a defection tactic. Usually media and pundits like to shit on us. They don't have any ammunition this season, so they're ganging up on Spurs.

One club, a media darling club, that's going under the radar is Liverpool. 11 points off the top. Unlike Spurs, they're perceived as title challengers. Yet zip!

Spurs have been a top-4 club for a while now. And, they're only 4 points off the top, as you said. They just lost their first game this season in the League. That too, a derby.

Makes no sense as it is. Spurs aren't supposed title challengers. Liverpool are. Yet, the whole world is letting Liverpool's poor run of form slide and putting all their bets on Spurs, who just recently lost in the League, and is a far smaller club than Liverpool.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby UFGN » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:40 pm

Angelito wrote:

I think it's a defection tactic. Usually media and pundits like to shit on us. They don't have any ammunition this season, so they're ganging up on Spurs.

One club, a media darling club, that's going under the radar is Liverpool. 11 points off the top. Unlike Spurs, they're perceived as title challengers. Yet zip!

Spurs have been a top-4 club for a while now. And, they're only 4 points off the top, as you said. They just lost their first game this season in the League. That too, a derby.

Makes no sense as it is. Spurs aren't supposed title challengers. Liverpool are. Yet, the whole world is letting Liverpool's poor run of form slide and putting all their bets on Spurs, who just recently lost in the League, and is a far smaller club than Liverpool.

That's an interesting take actually.

Consider this..... Liverpool have a huge supporter base in the UK and abroad. Their numbers in the UK are by some estimates higher than Utd's. If you're a commercial news outlet it might not be good business to shit on Liverpool too much even if they deserve it. People don't like being told their club is shit.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Fran Solo » Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:06 am

UFGN wrote:
Angelito wrote:

That's an interesting take actually.

Consider this..... Liverpool have a huge supporter base in the UK and abroad. Their numbers in the UK are by some estimates higher than Utd's. If you're a commercial news outlet it might not be good business to shit on Liverpool too much even if they deserve it. People don't like being told their club is shit.

Because Arsenal have way bigger fanbase than Everton? You know, millions of Arsenal fans would love to click on negative news about Sp*rs and have a laugh.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:52 am

Hoping they fall into Europa so we can smash them again
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:27 am

Harry Kane is their only good player and he’s going to leave.

I wonder what is going to happen first… Kane winning a trophy or £60m Richarlison scoring a PL goal for Spurs.?
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Nuggets » Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:04 am

jayramfootball wrote:Harry Kane is their only good player and he’s going to leave.

I wonder what is going to happen first… Kane winning a trophy or £60m Richarlison scoring a PL goal for Spurs.?

If he wants to win anything he should move cos he aint gonna win FA with Spu%s
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football