The Let's all laugh at Spurs Thread

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: The Let's all laugh at Spurs Thread

Postby Rockape » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:57 am

impressive if it works:

Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:14 am

Rockape wrote:
UFGN wrote:I'm calling it now

That retractable pitch is going to be rubbish

Maybe not straight away, but I can see big problems with it. A huge pitch rolled up and then spliced together in three sections.... I can't see that working out well

Its certainly going to very difficult to keep two pitches in decent condition when they are hidden from natural light 12 hrs a day. I can only think that the retractable pitch will need to come out every night and have those specially designed lights blasting out. A big job.

Not only that but the repeated rolling and unrolling, and the presumption that the whole procedure will work every time. You f**k that up, you can't just fix it.

The NFL pitch is synthetic
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Marsbar100 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:27 am

They are an embarrassment to English football
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Zenith » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:12 pm

Extended version of Merse talking about the status quo at Spurs.

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby StLGooner » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:17 pm

UFGN wrote:
Rockape wrote:

Maybe not straight away, but I can see big problems with it. A huge pitch rolled up and then spliced together in three sections.... I can't see that working out well

Its certainly going to very difficult to keep two pitches in decent condition when they are hidden from natural light 12 hrs a day. I can only think that the retractable pitch will need to come out every night and have those specially designed lights blasting out. A big job.

Not only that but the repeated rolling and unrolling, and the presumption that the whole procedure will work every time. You f**k that up, you can't just fix it.

The Arizona Cardinals have this in their stadium and it works for them. Real grass, not artificial. Not all NFL pitch's are synthetic, out of the 32 teams 14 of them have real grass. 17 have artificial. If the math doesn't add up that's because two teams share a stadium in NY.

Sounds like all this talk about them being broke for a long time is just all hope on our end. :(
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby UFGN » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:31 pm

StLGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Rockape wrote:

The Arizona Cardinals have this in their stadium and it works for them. Real grass, not artificial. Not all NFL pitch's are synthetic, out of the 32 teams 14 of them have real grass. 17 have artificial. If the math doesn't add up that's because two teams share a stadium in NY.

Sounds like all this talk about them being broke for a long time is just all hope on our end. :(

Take my advice from an OG who's been watching the Scum for over 30 years

Tottenham Hotspur will fail, under achieve and snatch disaster from the jaws of success.

Why?

Because they are Tottenham Hotspur. If I sat here all day trying to explain exactly why I couldn't, but trust me. They are incapable of joy and success

Greatness doesn't live there. It never, ever, ever will.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby StLGooner » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:42 pm

UFGN wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Rockape wrote:

Tottenham Hotspur will fail, under achieve and snatch disaster from the jaws of success.

Why?

Because they are Tottenham Hotspur. If I sat here all day trying to explain exactly why I couldn't, but trust me. They are incapable of joy and success

Obviously I hope you're correct. But I remember City being the same way. Same old City was the saying, and look at them now.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby UFGN » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:57 pm

StLGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Rockape wrote:

Why?

Obviously I hope you're correct. But I remember City being the same way. Same old City was the saying, and look at them now.

They got bought by a feckin country

UFGN

Postby Zenith » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:47 pm

Refreshing to see the media's darlings get a pillory for a change -

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Santi » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:29 pm

They're getting wanked off on tonight's 'the debate' though.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Fran Solo » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:36 am

Pocchetino to Madrid anyone?
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Zedie » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:02 am

Yes. They can replace him with Eddie Howe
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockape » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:30 am

It would cost RM a lot to get him though.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Ach » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:13 pm

People really don't like it when the media darlings are attacked

https://talksport.com/football/440093/h ... tottenham/
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Phil71 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:39 pm

Ach wrote:People really don't like it when the media darlings are attacked

https://talksport.com/football/440093/h ... tottenham/

Neville is a c*** though.

Him and Carragher. No idea how that dirty bastard kept his job after spitting into a 14 year old girl's face.

I really can't stand either of them.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football