The Let's all laugh at Spurs Thread

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: The Let's all laugh at Spurs Thread

Postby Phil71 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:48 pm

StLGooner wrote:Do we really know they won't have money or are we just hoping/assuming?

Currently they have racked up £400m in debt for the stadium build, and have just extended the credit facility by another £100m.

If they use that credit facility they’ll be in more debt than any other club in world football.

Unless they’re striking deals with sponsors that are far greater than any other club in Europe, I can’t see how they can furnish that debt and still have enough money to compete.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:49 pm

Unless everyone is in the bar, that stadium looks empty.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Ach » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:50 pm

Phil71 wrote:Unless everyone is in the bar, that stadium looks empty.

Man City home match?
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby StLGooner » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:51 pm

Phil71 wrote:
StLGooner wrote:Do we really know they won't have money or are we just hoping/assuming?

Currently they have racked up £400m in debt for the stadium build, and have just extended the credit facility by another £100m.

If they use that credit facility they’ll be in more debt than any other club in world football.

Unless they’re striking deals with sponsors that are far greater than any other club in Europe, I can’t see how they can furnish that debt and still have enough money to compete.

Hopefully so! Guess we will see soon.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Dynamite » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:54 pm

Phil71 wrote:

The Nike deal is believed to be £450m guaranteed over 15years (£30m/season).
So the stadium is nearly fully paid with the Nike deal.
Dynamite
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Ach » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:55 pm

Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Angelito » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:01 pm

Haven't seen a more useless club than these lot.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Phil71 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:56 pm

Advertising premium packages for the rest of their CL games.

Gotta laugh.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Royal Gooner » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:43 pm

The Wembley Hotspurs lost their debut NFL game too!
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:40 am

Phil71 wrote:

They just made 113m profit .... they will have turnover of 350m so an income to debt ratio of 1.5-1

Remember when we built the Emirates we had debt of 300m and were turning over around 100m a year, so an income to debt ratio of 3-1

Spurs debt is huge but compared to their potential income it's less than half of what we went through ... sadly, it's very easily managed ...
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Pudpop » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:27 am

Dynamite wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

This is not how finance works mate
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:02 am

On the pitch it looks like they're going backwards ... and that's always worth a laugh ... watching them play on a Wembley pitch that looked like a field ... also worth a laugh ... Lamela missing a sitter for a point ... very, very funny indeed ....

however ....

That c*** Daniel levy (and I say that with grudging respect) has played a blinder with their two-pitches stadium ... the NFL is huge in the UK, it can sell out 95,000 three weeks in a row at Wembley, with another 100,000+ disappointed ... from a purely financial view point Spuds will likely catch, and maybe even pass us, in the next couple of years. it will only be our much bigger brand name that might keep us ahead with higher sponsorship ... if they do get an NFL franchise we won't even be close to their income ...

Let's hope all that cash doesn't go back into the team, worth remembering they've spent net 200m less on players in the last five years than we have ... put them on level spending terms and they could have signed three extra 70m players .... let's just hope that doesn't happen anytime soon ....

No new ground, no more Europe, and no CL place ... now that would be something to laugh about ...
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:21 am

I'm calling it now

That retractable pitch is going to be rubbish

Maybe not straight away, but I can see big problems with it. A huge pitch rolled up and then spliced together in three sections.... I can't see that working out well
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Rockape » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:45 am

UFGN wrote:I'm calling it now

That retractable pitch is going to be rubbish

Maybe not straight away, but I can see big problems with it. A huge pitch rolled up and then spliced together in three sections.... I can't see that working out well

Its certainly going to very difficult to keep two pitches in decent condition when they are hidden from natural light 12 hrs a day. I can only think that the retractable pitch will need to come out every night and have those specially designed lights blasting out. A big job.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Dynamite » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:46 am

Pudpop wrote:
Dynamite wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

This is not how finance works mate

Of course it's no detailed view but basically they have a (let's say) £500 debt without looking at things like a signing fee, extra repayments, debt restructuring and some more variables they could use the £30m/season to reduce their long term loan for the stadium on a yearly base. And theoretically the deal would pay their stadium loan.
Dynamite
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football