The Let's all laugh at Spurs Thread

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: The Let's all laugh at Spurs Thread

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:23 pm

Phil71 wrote:Levy said only last week that the solution to Tottenham's problems is for the players to be coached properly. Now Conte is saying that the players aren't good enough.

Good times ahead.

I knew this was going to happen even before he put pen to paper, excellent situation.

Not sure what Levy was playing at, this is why Arsenal avoided signing a high profile manager, they didn't want this clash.

Levy has some strange infactuation with his squad and he can't see that they're problem.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:30 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Conte admitting tonight that he can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

“After three weeks I am starting to understand the situation.

At this moment the level at Tottenham is not so high.

I am happy to stay here but we have to work a lot to improve the quality of the squad.

In other words, give me loads of money to replace this lot or I'm off.

Good luck with that.

Players. Players. Players. Manager distant second in the equation.

No, the progress here is you have a manager good enough to know what the problem is and demand it to be changed, hence to get a better outcome.

Medium managers like Nuno just put up with it because his profile isn't high enough to claim the likes of his squad are not good enough, Conte is.

You not understanding this shows a deficit in your fundamental knowledge of football, your urge for it to be "players vs manager" and one answer is right is your weakness, its obviously both otherwise how do you explain the Wenger or Fergusson years? Utd have had just as much money and talent since but have failed because the managers have not been good enough to get consistent performances, explain Klopp at Liverpool or Tuchel compared to Lampard with the same team.

Your conclusion is trash and easily debunked, the facts are there, clear as day.

Of course the players are important, but a manager picks the players, what Conte is saying is "The players your giving me are no good" something lesser managers wouldn't do.

I knew this would happen the day Conte signed, when I watched the Spurs documentary I could see just how bad their attitudes are at Spurs, I bet Mourhino hated it.

............ hopefully this means a car crash for Spurs as Conte will spend all his time telling these duds some home truth's and making them upset. :rofll:

You knew this would happen?
Weren't you wetting your pants at the very thought of Conte going to Spurs.
What happened to the players attitudes being the responsibility of the manager???
What happened to tactic and formations being the key??
How comes if an Arsenal player has a shitty attitude it's down to Arteta's bad management???
How comes if a player plays poorly, it's Arteta's fault and not the players???

The only person who seemed to 'know' this would happen is me. Conte right now is a 5th or 6th placed PL manager because that is the quality of players he has.

He will have to buy PLAYERS in order to be successful - there is nothing much he can do with the players he has right now apart from get 5th or 6th place.
Only when he buys players will he have a chance of being any better than Nuno or Mourinho.
In other words he'll need to spend loads of money and get the luxury of buying a lot of duds to find the decent players that will help the team.
Just like some of the 'top' managers have less than a 50% hit rate of identifying good players - in truth they are 'top' managers because they have been able to spend a lot of money. No other reason.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:45 pm

Show me one post where I was "wetting myself" about Conte?

What I said was its embarrassing for Spurs to be getting the likes of a Conte and in our last two Manager recruitments we couldn't get anyone near that.

You know you've lost the argument when you have to make sht up, but ....... as you were.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:48 pm

Game ..... set ..... match.

I think that settles your little accusation, please stop embarrassing yourself like this.

DiamondGooner wrote:
........... a good manager would get rid of them all.

Which is why this appointment is so curious, unless the players fix up and quick, Conte is going to throw a paddy as soon as they start showing him up so it has me wondering what Levy promised him?

It is about the manager, but any manager worth his salt would chuck half of this lot on the bonfire.

Imagine Klopp at Spurs and they played like that, they wouldn't even make it through his training sessions.

If Conte has gone in on a false promise or he's expecting to turn this lot into winners then he deserves to fail ......... but I would of assumed Conte would of demanded a transfer budget?

We'll have to see how this plays out.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:34 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Levy said only last week that the solution to Tottenham's problems is for the players to be coached properly. Now Conte is saying that the players aren't good enough.

Good times ahead.

I knew this was going to happen even before he put pen to paper, excellent situation.

Not sure what Levy was playing at, this is why Arsenal avoided signing a high profile manager, they didn't want this clash.

Levy has some strange infactuation with his squad and he can't see that they're problem.

It's more of a worry regarding how he can shift them out. He can't. So he can't buy new players. So he wants everyone to focus on making a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Hilarious. No wonder he didn't want to sell Kane. He knows he's his golden egg laying goose.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:32 pm

If Arteta can finish the season in 5th-6th place with this squad, we should try everything to poach Conte.

We gave Arteta authority to remake the entire team in his image. That is the kind of backing Conte is looking for. This summer we spent £150m on mostly no-name players. Conte would attract a higher caliber of players right away.

Not to mention that we already have most of the personnel for his favoured 3-5-2. We just need a better striker and a creative player in the middle.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:42 pm

Highbury Hillbilly wrote:If Arteta can finish the season in 5th-6th place with this squad, we should try everything to poach Conte.

We gave Arteta authority to remake the entire team in his image. That is the kind of backing Conte is looking for. This summer we spent £150m on mostly no-name players. Conte would attract a higher caliber of players right away.

Not to mention that we already have most of the personnel for his favoured 3-5-2. We just need a better striker and a creative player in the middle.

Not going to happen Arteta has been chosen for the long haul, again, because the board can control their spending with him.

Yes, they gave him a good budget this window but they don't want a manager who will kick up a fuss and challenge their ambition when they don't.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:50 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Highbury Hillbilly wrote:If Arteta can finish the season in 5th-6th place with this squad, we should try everything to poach Conte.

Not going to happen Arteta has been chosen for the long haul, again, because the board can control their spending with him.

Yes, they gave him a good budget this window but they don't want a manager who will kick up a fuss and challenge their ambition when they don't.

I don't see why that would be the case at Arsenal.

£50m for Ben White is the type of transfer Spurs or Inter would never consider, yet we happily paid it. We also considered £60m for Maddison, and if reports are true, 70m EUR for Vlahovic.

Conte would have stayed at Inter if the club's finances didn't force them to sell Lukaku, Hakimi and others. We aren't in that position, at least not yet.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:01 pm

Highbury Hillbilly wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

I don't see why that would be the case at Arsenal.

£50m for Ben White is the type of transfer Spurs or Inter would never consider, yet we happily paid it. We also considered £60m for Maddison, and if reports are true, 70m EUR for Vlahovic.

Conte would have stayed at Inter if the club's finances didn't force them to sell Lukaku, Hakimi and others. We aren't in that position, at least not yet.

...........but we don't know if that's a one off, next season they may give Arteta £50m, and that's the point, with Arteta they don't have the pressure, with a Conte he will demand.

On Arteta, the board have made it very clear that they are sticking with their man, I think Arteta could finish 8th this season and he'll still be here, that may change if next season there is no improvement but I've seen nothing but avoidance from AFC to trying to hire a top tier manager.

Their conversation with Allegri was short lived, as soon as he heard their plan and reduction in wage compared to Wenger he bailed.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:26 am

Chelsea players calling it Three Point Lane :rofll:
Everyone’s having a pop.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Goonerred » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:35 am

swipe right wrote:Chelsea players calling it Three Point Lane :rofll:
Everyone’s having a pop.

How very unprofessional of them. :naughty: :arse flag.gif:
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Phil71 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:54 pm

Burnley will love those conditions tomorrow. Swirling winds, freezing cold and rain coming down sideways. They'll be chucking high ball after high ball into their half.

Meanwhile spuds players will be putting gloves on and looking forward to a warm changing room at half time before the game even starts.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:15 pm

Burnley v spuds called off.

Snow.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:21 pm

Phil71 wrote:Burnley v spuds called off.

Snow.

Blimey - surprising to see a game called off because of snow with modern facilities to get the games ready.
Maybe it's because of travel to and from the ground?

Might be good, though, considering the spuds are coming off the most embarrassing result for years.
Even they would have a reaction to that.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:48 pm

Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football