Alexis Sánchez ~ El Niño Maravilla

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Alexis Sanchez (7)

Postby knowledge93 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:15 am

Nuggets wrote:Why keep a player who doesn't want to play for the club? sell him and move on.

We won't get anyone near his calibre. So I'd rather keep him finish as high as we can. A player who can get goals is always hard to replace. We only have Sanchez, Giroud and Laca who are goalscorers. The likes of Ozil, Ramsey, Chamberlain, Bellerin and Welbeck get in good positions but they are finishing is dreadful.
knowledge93
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Nuggets » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:17 am

knowledge93 wrote:
Nuggets wrote:Why keep a player who doesn't want to play for the club? sell him and move on.

We won't get anyone near his calibre. So I'd rather keep him finish as high as we can. A player who can get goals is always hard to replace. We only have Sanchez, Giroud and Laca who are goalscorers. The likes of Ozil, Ramsey, Chamberlain, Bellerin and Welbeck get in good positions but they are finishing is dreadful.

The thing is though, he is not going to give 100% is he, he will look around him and think....yep I will go through the motions like this lot, we need players that want to play for the club.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby BexleyGooner » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:01 pm

Nuggets wrote:
knowledge93 wrote:

The thing is though, he is not going to give 100% is he, he will look around him and think....yep I will go through the motions like this lot, we need players that want to play for the club.

You're right to a degree, but the fact is, if we sell him now we won't replace him and that would be disastrous. I disagree with you though about him going through the motions. He loves the game too much and doesn't have the personality of a loafer. He will give 100% for whatever club he plays for. It's just him. Look at the way he's been training. He's been told he's not leaving but he's still busting his arse off to get his fitness up. Not the actions of man looking to just loaf about for a year.
BexleyGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:42 pm

He could loaf about all season and still look like he's working harder than the rest of our first team!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Rickdog » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:46 am

BexleyGooner wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
knowledge93 wrote:

You're right to a degree, but the fact is, if we sell him now we won't replace him and that would be disastrous. I disagree with you though about him going through the motions. He loves the game too much and doesn't have the personality of a loafer. He will give 100% for whatever club he plays for. It's just him. Look at the way he's been training. He's been told he's not leaving but he's still busting his arse off to get his fitness up. Not the actions of man looking to just loaf about for a year.

Alexis life is, and has always been to be training hard and once he finishes, he probably sleeps a while, get something to eat, play with his dogs or with his girlfriend (when there is one), to afterwards go on to start training again (for the only one he is worried for when training, is for himself). He loves playing footy for fun, but loves lots more getting paid up to his net value as a player, an issue that currently Arsenal isn't doing, and francly never will.

He is a professional, so he will do what is expected from a professional player. Till now, as he had high expectations with Arsenal, he was giving his 110 % (even playing injured, if it were the case, the same as for his national team). But as he doesn't see any more future for him in the team, he will stop busting his back for them any longer. Time has come for Alexis to become more selfish, the same as most of the other players do.
If Arsenal isn't willing to do more for Alexis, allowing him leave in advance before completing his current contract (when there are lots other teams that can fill better what he expects from footy ), why should Alexis do more for Arsenal, in return ?......
Rickdog
Liam Brady

Postby Callum » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:27 am

Sims wrote:absolutely 0 chance he goes now imo

expect him to start against liverpool too

quite encouraged too, weve been quite fluid in terms of going forward and have been creating shit loads of chances, unfortunately we have had to have welbeck on the end of them. different story when alexis rocks uo

Agreed, with Lacazette alongside Alexis and Ozil we finally have an elite attack. Shame about the midfield and defence behind it.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby BexleyGooner » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:35 am

So, fit for Sunday according to Arsene. But we wait to see what to do with him? Wtf, just play him if he's fit for ffs. He won't explode if he plays.

Shay Given just made an interesting point that I never realised before, but if we don't sell Sanchez, it's a big risk for him too to not sign a new deal. A lot can happen in a year. What happens if he gets a bad injury towards the end of the year that rules him out for months? Arsenal or no team are certainly not going to want to pay him £300k a week if he can't play and is already touching 30. Surely the wisest choice is to sign a new deal with the promise to review after a year to see if he's still happy. As I said, he will be nearly 30. I can't see clubs wanting to give him a huge signing on bonus and £300k a week.

I think all this talk of him holding all the cards ignores his age too much.
BexleyGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby MesutOzil11 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:53 pm

gooney wrote:i have 100 pound on bet on him going to city in april with a friend hahha

Sanchez laughing at Gooney like....

MesutOzil11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby BexleyGooner » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:53 pm

Nice little instagram of him and Welbeck. Mans not pushing to leave at all, looks happy as Larry! If he goes we know full well who is to blame.
BexleyGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:25 pm

on whether this is a chance for him [Sanchez] to create lasting memories with us…
Yes, I think what is good is our mutual interest is that he does well for us. His interest is to do well, on top of that I deeply feel that he loves to be here and he loves the club and he arrives at a stage of 28, 29 and looks at the quality of his contract but I think he deeply loves to be here.

Source: https://www.arsenal.com/news/i-deeply-f ... es-be-here
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Manoban » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:48 pm

just swap him for kun

ideally pep wants another midfielder so we can swap ozil
Manoban
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby MesutOzil11 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:58 pm

The f**k do we want Aguero for?
MesutOzil11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Manoban » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:10 pm

to score more goals than we concede

is that not the objective of football?
Manoban
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Nuggets » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:13 pm

Manoban wrote:to score more goals than we concede

is that not the objective of football?

:biggrin: :Peace:
Nuggets

Postby MesutOzil11 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:16 pm

So you want to swap a player who's at the peak of his career, rattles in goals and gets assists in a position we are currently struggling with, with a player that's on the decline in a position we already have a very good goalscorer in?
MesutOzil11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club