Alexis Sánchez ~ El Niño Maravilla

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Alexis Sánchez (7)

Postby Marsbar100 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:17 pm

Swap for draxler would be good business
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby ESR10 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:23 pm

gooney wrote:
Mustafi wrote:Swap Alexis for Draxler.

I dont mind that. Draxler is much better at keeping the ball within the team. But I would play Draxler ahead of lacazette. Ozil, Iwobi and Draxler would keep the ball and complete 100s of passes each match

The ultimate Wenger fetish
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby Losmeister » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:38 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:I have been saying for a while now that Sanchez has mentally checked out of AFC already. I have said lofty things about him when he was putting in 100 percent week in week out for us but no player should get a free pass for ambling through games, misplacing passes at will, throwing hissy fits and display poor attitude. I always have believed that no player irrespective of their talent should be able to get away with poor demeanor, attitude and commitment.

disappointing for sure.

specially measured against the standard he himself set.
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:46 pm

Mustafi wrote:
gooney wrote:

I dont mind that. Draxler is much better at keeping the ball within the team. But I would play Draxler ahead of lacazette. Ozil, Iwobi and Draxler would keep the ball and complete 100s of passes each match

The ultimate Wenger fetish

that'd be awesome...the ball cycling endlessly around teh 18 yd box w/o nary a threat to actually score a goal....
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Santi » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:20 pm

EliteKiller wrote:27 goals 13 assists ... you won't see that again in your lifetime .... but sure he's rubbish now, funny how he's still getting ratings of over 7 from OPTA every week ... and despite being 'rubbish' he's still the third best player in the arsenal squad this season according to Squawka and whoscorerd .... we won't miss him at all .... lol

did anyone say we won't miss him? although on this seasons performances we f***ing wouldn't at all. Heung Min Son has been better for christ sake.

Won't regret a thing anyway, like I said it's been nice having him but his attitude is pure wank, unlike Ozil who's having a much better season so far than last year despite looking to leave.

It's really straightforward.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:21 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:I have been saying for a while now that Sanchez has mentally checked out of AFC already. I have said lofty things about him when he was putting in 100 percent week in week out for us but no player should get a free pass for ambling through games, misplacing passes at will, throwing hissy fits and display poor attitude. I always have believed that no player irrespective of their talent should be able to get away with poor demeanor, attitude and commitment.

Exactly.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:34 pm

Angelito wrote:Sell Alexis, play Welbeck/Iwobi/Theo. Great business that.

Not unless we have a guaranteed replacement lined up, if so I'd be more than up for it, we need to move on with committed players, although I see your point ........... no point selling unless we get a quality replacement.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:05 pm

BexleyGooner wrote:Get him gone to PSG in Jan and rinse them. Would be worth it just the meltdown on blue moon.

A sale to PSG in the summer might have caused City fans to flip their shit but they can't be arsed now. Nobody would have thought back then that Pep could push Sane and Sterling to the levels they're playing at now. They're right to think that Alexis in Jan would only complicate things as he won't accept a bench position.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Marsbar100 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:02 am

Mesüt wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:27 goals 13 assists ... you won't see that again in your lifetime .... but sure he's rubbish now, funny how he's still getting ratings of over 7 from OPTA every week ... and despite being 'rubbish' he's still the third best player in the arsenal squad this season according to Squawka and whoscorerd .... we won't miss him at all .... lol

did anyone say we won't miss him? although on this seasons performances we f***ing wouldn't at all. Heung Min Son has been better for christ sake.

Won't regret a thing anyway, like I said it's been nice having him but his attitude is pure wank, unlike Ozil who's having a much better season so far than last year despite looking to leave.

It's really straightforward.

Ozil could stay its not a foregone like sanchez, plus he has the world cup to prepare for, its not a surprise sanchez has checked out mentally so far this season, we got his hopes up he could leave after insisting he was staying, he gets knocked out the world cup and we haven't been close to the pace setters.

When it comes to the business end of the el, fa,cc i would like to think the winner in him will come out..
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:11 am

Alexis can make an extra 20m on his next contract by leaving us ... that's even if we offer him 300k a week which we won't ... how many of us would turn that down? sadly the same goes for Ozil .... that's entirely Arsene's fault for letting their contracts run down .... it's to late now the miss-management has already happened Alexis and Ozil hold all the cards .....

It's not as if the big boys of Europe and the EPL won't be queuing up .... you can bet your life they will all come knocking .....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:11 am

LOL it makes perfect sense that we might just manage to keep Ozil until on a 300k contract, but let Alexis leave on a free.

Alexis will have the goal scoring longevity of Robben while Ozil will be here until he's 35 breaking the "chances created" record aka making unerringly accurate passes to the likes of Giroud, Laca, Welbeck and Iwobi.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Angelito » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:32 am

Alexis Sanchez: Man City boss Pep Guardiola still keen to sign Arsenal striker

Manchester City remain keen on Alexis Sanchez but may wait until the summer before making another attempt to sign the Arsenal forward.

City had a bid accepted for the 29-year-old Chilean on deadline day in August but the move collapsed.

Blues manager Pep Guardiola has discussed transfer targets for the next 18 months with the club's hierarchy.

There are fears signing Sanchez in January could disturb the balance of Guardiola's table-topping squad.

It is understood City think Arsenal believe keeping the former Barcelona player was a mistake and would be willing to do business next month.

However, with Guardiola's side 11 points clear at the top of the Premier League, there is a feeling bringing in Sanchez then may cause disruption.

City and Arsenal agreed a deal for the striker in the summer, but it was dependent on the Gunners replacing him.

When they were unable to sign Monaco forward Thomas Lemar, Sanchez's move was scuppered.

It is felt he still wants to work with Guardiola and, despite interest from Paris St-Germain among others, would join City at the end of the season, when he will be available on a free transfer.

With midfielder Yaya Toure's contract expiring in the summer, Guardiola would like to sign a defensive midfielder, a central defender and another attacker to take him through to the end of the 2018-19 season.

Talks have taken place over Southampton's Virgil van Dijk, while West Brom's Jonny Evans - who City were keen to sign in the summer - and Real Sociedad's Inigo Martinez are possible alternatives.

AF is mostly right on Alexis, but as Marsbar has been saying recently - when it gets to the business end of the EL, the FA Cup, and the League Cup, Alexis is someone who could make a possible difference. He's still one of our two best players and alongside Ozil (and Lacazette to a lesser extent), he's miles and miles ahead of the rest.

We've already gambled. There's no point selling him in January now. Let him leave for free. Unlike Ozil, Alexis doesn't want to extend his contract. So, leave that at that but make sure we do everything in our powers to keep Ozil - even if that means we have pay him in excess of £250k a week.

Having said that, I wouldn't mind if we sold Alexis and bought Lemar and/or Lozano in January. Or, Dybala who's unhappy at Juve apparently. :hiding:

We won't though.

We'd rather sell Alexis for £25m and end up playing Welbeck/Iwobi in his position until the end of the season. And by then, Ozil would also be disgruntled - joining Barca or ManU for free.

Keep Alexis until the summer unless we buy top quality replacements.

A poor Alexis is still better than world class Iwobi and Welbeck.

Get Dybala if we can. :hiding:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Goonerz » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:46 am

gooney wrote:

Iwobi? The guy is clueless. Absolutely turning into a typical overrated / overhyped young Arsenal player. What does he add to our team apart from being from our academy?
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Goonerz » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:00 am

I just hope we get adequate replacements for the players we will be losing.. I am not as freaked out about losing Sanchez and Ozil like others seem to be. What unnerves me os wenger, he lost his competitive edge long ago. He just seems to be living in a delusional world where everything is going according to plan.
Not signing players that fit is what’s frustrates me. If we lose both Sanchez and ozil we might not sign any adequate replacements. So so frustrating.
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby starmandb » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:10 am

Another fault of Wenger
Making us a hostage to fortune is totally unacceptable
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club