Alexis Sánchez ~ El Niño Maravilla

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Alexis Sánchez (7)

Postby Angelito » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:35 pm

United are offering him £400k a week.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby PairyGrows » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:38 pm

Alexis, like us, fell victim to the false "New Arsenal" narrative the club was spewing. I wouldn't hold it against him if he joined United.

We deserve this.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby ESR10 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:41 pm

Officially not in the squad today. So the announcement will probably be made today or tomorrow.

I'm sad he's leaving, but also glad that this saga is finally coming to an end.
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby Angelito » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:50 pm

I'm only sad because of how his time at Arsenal panned out. He was 25 when he signed for us. We'd gotten Ozil the previous season and with Alexis now, it was set to usher a new era. For his four years at Arsenal, Alexis has been world class. 2015 was supposed to have been our year.

Then Wenger decided it was Wenger time.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Zedie » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:56 pm

If there's anyone left that sincerely believes Wenger and the club know what they're doing, please explain our line up today and this situation.

There is absolutely nothing positive about this at all.

At a minimum, if we even do sign Malcolm, he's exactly the sort of player that should be coming in to add to the squad with Alexis and ozil, not to replace.

There is no logical scenario that can explain our actions since the "new financial era" from where I'm sat so I'd be honestly greatful if someone could explain why they still back Wenger and or the board.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby The Mountain that Rides » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:58 pm

knowledge93 wrote:I could take him going to City but to United and Mourinho? That makes it harder to swallow the pill

I agree, people are living in cloud cuckoo land if they think we'll be competing with City while Sanchez still has much to offer them. We're closer to the bottom of the table than to City so there's more chance of us getting relegated than winning the title, especially with that turd Wenger in charge.
The Mountain that Rides
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby The Mountain that Rides » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:01 pm

Zedie wrote:If there's anyone left that sincerely believes Wenger and the club know what they're doing, please explain our line up today and this situation.

At a minimum, if we even do sign Malcolm, he's exactly the sort of player that should be coming in to add to the squad with Alexis and ozil, not to replace.

There is no logical scenario that can explain our actions since the "new financial era" from where I'm sat so I'd be honestly greatful if someone could explain why they still back Wenger and or the board.

The only logical reason to support Wenger or the board at this point is that you're literally Forest Gump.
Last edited by The Mountain that Rides on Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Mountain that Rides
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby NJ_Gunner » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:01 pm

Just want a player back in return. Not really concerned with the money amount considering we most likely won’t spend it anyway.
NJ_Gunner
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby dc16 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:27 pm

Twitterers are saying it's Man Utd.

dc16
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:29 pm

He'd do less damage at City as they're already stacked but we've done this to ourselves.

Mourinho has pulled off a coup if he lands Sanchez for £30m, in a full contract he's worth over double that amount and then some.

Jose must think its Xmas all over again ......... he also gets one up on his rivals, absolute coup if true.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:30 pm

The Mountain that Rides wrote:
Zedie wrote:If there's anyone left that sincerely believes Wenger and the club know what they're doing, please explain our line up today and this situation.

The only logical reason to support Wenger or the board at this point is that you're literally Forest Gump.

Nope. Forest Gump literally made the right choice in everything he did ffs. Forest Gump if he was real, would be one of the greatest humans to ever live.

Forest Gump would be Wenger out.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:49 pm

Angelito wrote:I'm only sad because of how his time at Arsenal panned out. He was 25 when he signed for us. We'd gotten Ozil the previous season and with Alexis now, it was set to usher a new era. For his four years at Arsenal, Alexis has been world class. 2015 was supposed to have been our year.

Then Wenger decided it was Wenger time.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Nejch » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:57 pm

Can't believe we're selling our best player to the manure yet again. f***ing despise this club from top to bottom. No dignity left whatsoever.
Nejch
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:01 pm

It was weird as hell to see RVP in a Utd kit; will be similar to see Alexis like that. Another shocker from Wenger, selling him to a nemesis like Mourinho.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Santi » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:03 pm

Tbh it's better he goes to United, he won't instantly win a treble there and I don't see them competing with City if Pep keeps them together next season either.

While he'll help United more than City, it'd hurt watching him instantly win trophies.
Santi
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club