Alexis Sánchez ~ El Niño Maravilla

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Alexis Sánchez (7)

Postby Nuggets » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:27 am

They should have sold him last summer for much more money, I don't understand why they turned down 50M from City now they are desperate to get 30M that is not good business, the writing was on the wall he was off so why wait?
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:46 pm

Nuggets wrote:They should have sold him last summer for much more money, I don't understand why they turned down 50M from City now they are desperate to get 30M that is not good business, the writing was on the wall he was off so why wait?

............. because they were hoping to secure top 4 with this squad.

:lol:
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:33 pm

Nuggets wrote:They should have sold him last summer for much more money, I don't understand why they turned down 50M from City now they are desperate to get 30M that is not good business, the writing was on the wall he was off so why wait?

Tbf the base was split on this one. Plenty people said sell, plenty people wanted him to stay until the end.

Either way, him going now is going to torpedo us when we don't sign anyone remotely capable of filling the LF gap because dat availability.

In hindsight, we should have sold him and got it over with so we could at least move for someone in the summer.

Not confident at all about what's going to unfold this Jan.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby realtalk » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:36 am

This is all down to Wenger's old dusty ass hesitating and being slow to identify players. And buy players could of got 60 and is now getting low balled hard. It took years to buy lacazette and then months to just pay the fee. This someone he scouted for over 3years ffs.

Chelsea had Costa shipped out immediately with no fucks given. Got replacement in. Wenger is just an old crazy man needing to retire decision making is shockingly poor. With so much hesitation. You cant compete with this amount of doubt, fear and hesitating this guy has.
realtalk
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby realtalk » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:45 am

GoonerAlexandre wrote:Wonder how he'll do there.

His finishing is world class, so he should nab a heck of a lot of goals with the chances City creates, but his playing style is the exact opposite of what Pep would want, because his passing is very erratic and he spends too long on the ball, and keeps cutting inside from the halfway line.

We might see him either become so good, that we'll realise how shit Wenger managed him here, or he'll fade away

He's looking at sanchez to play up top. Dont think pep is an aguero fan. I can see aguero of to Italy or back at athletico.
realtalk
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby EliteKiller » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:18 am

Just read that Wonger intends to play Alexis tonight .... just think about that ....

He's talking terms with City ... he will 100% not want to risk an injury ... he won't be here for the final so will he care who wins? From what we've seen so far this season I'd be surprised if he puts in even 50% ... it's a mega gamble ...

If we do play him Wonger is admitting we can't do without him ... which is 100% Wonger's fault ... it's a classic lose - lose situation .....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:17 am

EliteKiller wrote:Just read that Wonger intends to play Alexis tonight .... just think about that ....

He's talking terms with City ... he will 100% not want to risk an injury ... he won't be here for the final so will he care who wins? From what we've seen so far this season I'd be surprised if he puts in even 50% ... it's a mega gamble ...

If we do play him Wonger is admitting we can't do without him ... which is 100% Wonger's fault ... it's a classic lose - lose situation .....

Sanchez always works hard and against Chelsea its shop window time.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:41 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:Just read that Wonger intends to play Alexis tonight .... just think about that ....

Sanchez always works hard and against Chelsea its shop window time.

Only a 'shop window' if the deal isn't done .... as I said hell of a gamble .....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Palin » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:44 am

We dont have any leverage. There is no bidding war. City only wants him now beacuse they need him for CL where hes not cup tied, if he was they werent interested. If we dont sell you know Alexis will be dog shit for remaining season. Even if we cant replace him i dont want any cancer in my team, just let him go.
Palin
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:47 am

Palin wrote:We dont have any leverage. There is no bidding war. City only wants him now beacuse they need him for CL where hes not cup tied, if he was they werent interested. If we dont sell you know Alexis will be dog shit for remaining season. Even if we cant replace him i dont want any cancer in my team, just let him go.

Pep should offer us one extra pound
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:31 am

I said it during summer that we should have sold Sanchez and reinvested the money in a top quality replacement. Now we will most likely finish outside top 4 and Sanchez leaves for free. He never showed any interest in extending his contract and we should have been proactive and ruthless.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:37 am

Terrible decision not to try and get him to resign 2 years ago, could have sold him then and replaced him, even last summer could have got a reasonable amount, now despite us wanting 40 million (that's laughable we wouldn't get anywhere near that), we're in a terrible position, no leverage, a player who wants to play for another club and hasn't been great this season and who's value has plummeted. He'll most likely go in the summer for free and we'll get no money to invest on a replacement so will end up which some cheap nobody as usual.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:32 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:I said it during summer that we should have sold Sanchez and reinvested the money in a top quality replacement. Now we will most likely finish outside top 4 and Sanchez leaves for free. He never showed any interest in extending his contract and we should have been proactive and ruthless.

We did .......... we made a £90m bid for Lemar!

At 10:59 pm of the last day of the transfer window .................

:tumbleweed:

But hey we tried. :Peace:
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:43 pm

Arsenal to start Alexis Sánchez at Chelsea despite Man City’s £20m offer

• Mesut Özil injured but strong side to play in Carabao Cup semi-final
• City understood to have offered Sánchez contract worth £250,000 a week

Arsène Wenger will name Alexis Sánchez in his starting Arsenal lineup for Wednesday night’s Carabao Cup semi-final first leg at Chelsea, despite the uncertainly over the forward’s future after Manchester City made a £20m offer to sign him during the January transfer window.

Wenger has been rocked by the loss of Mesut Özil to an unspecified injury and the midfielder has joined Laurent Koscielny, Nacho Monreal, Sead Kolasinac, Aaron Ramsey and Olivier Giroud on the casualty list for Stamford Bridge. Wenger is particularly stretched in defence and he will include the new signing Konstantinos Mavropanos among his substitutes. The 20-year-old centre-half arrived last week from PAS Giannina in Greece and Wenger’s plan was to loan him out. “He’s not ready to play for us,” the manager said last Wednesday. “We’ll give him out on loan.”

David Ospina will start against Chelsea, in place of the first-choice goalkeeper, Petr Cech, but Wenger will otherwise pick his strongest available team, including Sánchez.

City have wanted Sánchez since the summer, when they made an attempt to sign him, and, with the 29-year-old running down his Arsenal contract, they have been confident of signing him as a Bosman free agent at the end of the season. Pep Guardiola will be without Gabriel Jesus for two months because of a medial collateral ligament injury and this has increased the City manager’s desire to sign Sánchez now. City have opened talks with Arsenal and have indicated a willingness to pay £20m.

Sánchez, who played under Guardiola at Barcelona, is now permitted to discuss terms with overseas clubs, with Paris Saint-Germain and Bayern Munich believed to have shown an interest. But City remain the frontrunners for his signature. A contract worth £13m a season until 2023 – or £250,000 a week – is understood to have been offered to Sánchez’s representatives. Wenger was asked whether he expected Sánchez to stay at Arsenal in January. “I expect nothing,” he said.

City agreed a deal for Sánchez last August worth £55m plus £5m in add-ons only for it to collapse when Arsenal failed to sign Monaco’s Thomas Lemar as a replacement. Arsenal had offered £92m for him, which was accepted by Monaco, but there was insufficient time for the player to agree to the move.

Arsenal would rekindle their interest in Lemar if Sánchez left now. The Monaco manager, Leonardo Jardim, said earlier this week the versatile 22-year-old could be on his way this month, although Arsenal are also believed to be interested in Leicester’s Riyad Mahrez and Cristian Pavón of Boca Juniors. “We are not used to selling in the winter,” Jardim said. “But the transfer window lasts until the end of the month and many things can happen.”

Wenger is expected to move out Francis Coquelin this month, with Valencia, Crystal Palace and West Ham United having been linked to the midfielder. Coquelin is fit and he trained on Tuesday but he is not expected to be involved at Chelsea.

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... are_btn_tw
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:46 pm

Arsenal want-away Alexis Sanchez will add something to Manchester City when he joins, says Kevin De Bruyne

De Bruyne believes Sanchez would help improve Pep Guardiola's league leaders

Kevin De Bruyne believes Alexis Sanchez will only help to improve Manchester City if or indeed when he eventually arrives from Arsenal.

City have trailed Sanchez for some time, agreeing a £55m deal in principle for the Chilean last summer only for Arsenal to pull the plug on the transfer after failing to secure a replacement.

Sanchez’s contract at the Emirates expires this summer and City are confident of either securing his signature for a cut-price fee this month or on a free transfer at the end of the season.

A recent knee injury to Gabriel Jesus has given City an incentive to push for Sanchez sooner rather than later however and an agreement could be reached between the two clubs within the next week.

Speaking after Tuesday’s hard-fought Carabao Cup semi-final first leg win over Bristol City, De Bruyne appeared to suggest that Sanchez’s arrival at the Etihad was more of a case than “when” and not “if”.

The City playmaker also admitted that although City are enjoying an excellent season under Guardiola, a player of Sanchez’s quality would always be a welcome addition to the squad.

“A very good player,” he said of Sanchez. “Obviously we will see what happens in this transfer period.

“We don't have to take care about that anyway. If a good player comes to us that is better, if he doesn't come we do it with the team we have. We are on a good period already, the whole season.

De Bruyne added: “Everybody is doing a good job. When he comes he will add something to the team.”

The Belgian’s own future is in no doubt but that did not prevent City from recently opening negotiations with him over a new contract.

De Bruyne, set to put pen to paper on a lucrative six-year deal worth up to £235,000-a-week, expects that talks between the club and his representatives will “probably” be completed soon.

“We are still in negotiations,” De Bruyne said. “I am waiting for an offer from the club but my agent has been on holiday for three weeks. There is nothing really new for the moment.

“I'm not in a hurry. I still have three-and-a-half years on the contract,” he added. “Negotiations are going good but they are going quietly. That is the way I think it should be.”

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 51246.html
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club