Alexis Sánchez ~ El Niño Maravilla

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Alexis Sanchez (7)

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:20 pm

If you believe this sort of stuff, you also believe Muller is going to Man Utd
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby BexleyGooner » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:28 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:If you believe this sort of stuff, you also believe Muller is going to Man Utd

Come on man, work with me here. I'm trying to convince myself he's not going to City.
BexleyGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby MesutOzil11 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:30 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:If you believe this sort of stuff, you also believe Muller is going to Man Utd

Always say skybet fiddling with their prices to get more customers to place bets when it comes to transfers but you don't get big changes in odds unless there's something behind it.
MesutOzil11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:39 pm

MesutOzil11 wrote:

Always say skybet fiddling with their prices to get more customers to place bets when it comes to transfers but you don't get big changes in odds unless there's something behind it.

All I'll say is that he's 5/4 to stay at us
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby BS221B » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:46 pm

There is a more chance of Ancelotti getting sacked than Müller leaving. He is their marquee player.

Ancelottis going to get slaughtered by media if Müller doesnt get enough playtime this season and Germany fails at WC because Müller was shit due not playing enough.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:08 pm

So he's basically said he wants to leave but will respect our decision however he won't sign a new deal.

Translated.

"You either let me go now or I'll wait a year and make my losses up when I'm a free agent with a bumper deal"

So question is ........ do we cash in now or keep him for one year only?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:17 pm

the obvious choice is to keep him. theres a chance he could be damaged goods within a year and a half with his playstyle and continuous football every summer
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby gooney » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:19 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:So he's basically said he wants to leave but will respect our decision however he won't sign a new deal.

Translated.

"You either let me go now or I'll wait a year and make my losses up when I'm a free agent with a bumper deal"

So question is ........ do we cash in now or keep him for one year only?

I think this is the worst think for the club. I wont sign a new contract, but if you want me to stay 1 more year I will stay and fight for the team. The club wants him to sign a new deal or sell him to city. But he has to push for the deal and be seen as the bad guy. If this is his move, its a brilliant move and fvcks the money men like wenger in the club big time
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Andrew » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:58 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Man City know that when a player starts giving open statements about how he wants Champions league football which is another form of saying he wants to leave, then they will play the waiting game trying to get him for as minimum a sum as possible.

Wenger would have sold Sanchez already if he had received a good bid for him knowing fully well that Sanchez is not going to sign on the dotted line unless wages at par with Chinese levels are agreed plus a clause to leave next summer. Sanchez knows he will make it to the Chilean side with two functioning legs so he is in no hurry to push the matter.

The only uncertain party in this mater is Wenger. This is what happens when you leave a top player get in to the final year of his contract. The only thing we can do to show intent is to keep him but even taking Sanchez's commitment in to account he won't be the same player on the pitch if we made him stay at gun point. So in short we are shafted either way, financially and sporting wise.

I'm 100% sure we won't sell to Man City. :naughty:

Alexis is full of shit. We should sell him to PSG or some club in spain, not in the PL.
Making good men better----->PM
Andrew
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Angelito » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:03 pm

Paul Merson suggesting a swap deal between Alexis and Aguero. I'm for it if he doesn't sign on.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Manoban » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:39 pm

small club selling to City
Manoban
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Mike Dean » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:49 pm

Angelito wrote:Paul Merson suggesting a swap deal between Alexis and Aguero. I'm for it if he doesn't sign on.

Aguerro of a few years ago I would be all for.

But the Aguero of today seems to spend most of his time on the injured list it feels like.

Coming here that issue is bound to get worse.

I just don't want Alexis to go to a top 4 side in PL and he is fooling himself if he thinks that he can win the CL in a City uniform.
Last edited by Mike Dean on Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zedie » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:50 pm

We should go for sane instead. Someone is going to lose out over there and they don't really care who they'll dump, might as well get someone for a position we need to cover a position we are lacking in.

Silva
Sane
Aguero
Bernardo Silva
Bony
Gundogan
Fernando
Fernandinho
Toure
Sterling
Delph
Dr bruyne

All the players above are registered to them. That play at forward or midfield. I reckon they'd give up one of the younger talents for a chance to get Sanchez plus a reduced fee.

I'd defo take sane + 50m for Sanchez.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:51 pm

city would rather keep sane than buy sanchez
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Mike Dean » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:53 pm

Zedie wrote:We should go for sane instead. Someone is going to lose out over there and they don't really care who they'll dump, might as well get someone for a position we need to cover a position we are lacking in.

Silva
Sane
Aguero
Bernardo Silva
Bony
Gundogan
Fernando
Fernandinho
Toure
Sterling
Delph
Dr bruyne

All the players above are registered to them. That play at forward or midfield. I reckon they'd give up one of the younger talents for a chance to get Sanchez plus a reduced fee.

I'd defo take sane + 50m for Sanchez.

I would rather take De Bryune for a reduced fee. Our right wing will be set.

But Wenger has put us in a spot where we dont have too much leverage and CIty knows this.

They know they dont have to give up anyone to us.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club