Alexis Sánchez ~ El Niño Maravilla

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Alexis Sanchez (7)

Postby Nuggets » Mon May 29, 2017 7:41 am

Mike Dean wrote:We are not a big club if we sell Sanchez.

Cant hide behind the "we cant afford him because of the stadium" excuse anymore.

If we lose either Sanchez or Ozil, it means we are either cheap, or lack ambition, or both.

A big club would bring in 2 or 3 more big name players to play alongside these two.

The chemistry between Sanchez and Ozil is already fantastic. They understand each other's movement and are always linking up with each other. We would be fools to break up our best link up. Just add more quality around them. Spend big to get a WC striker already ffs.

Under Wonga we are both, we should move heaven and earth to keep him, I still think he will go and boy will he be sadly missed.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby The Mountain that Rides » Mon May 29, 2017 8:51 am

maxgunner wrote:
maxgunner wrote:Wondering what you people think are the possible outcomes for the following scenario:

Let's say Alexis wants to remain in the PL rather than go and play for a team abroad (Bayern, PSG, you name it) and informs the club he wants this or he will stay until the end of his contract.

What do you guys think it will happen?

- We will force his hand and still sell him abroad (not sure if we actually can do this btw)
- He'll be allowed to finish his contract and leave for free next year
- The board will allow him to go to a PL team before losing money
- None of the above (add yours)

Bumping this up to get your feedback lads, thanks

(trolls don't count)

The sensible thing would be to sell him if he wouldn't go abroad, losing him to a rival on a bosman would be the worst case scenario. Of course Heinze wanted to move from Man U to Liverpool and they forced him to move abroad, but I don't think they'd allowed him to run his contract down like we have with Sanchez and Ozil - they have us over a barrel now.
The Mountain that Rides
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Santi » Mon May 29, 2017 10:42 am

Just sign world class players and make him sign a new deal...it's not hard is it really.

Any other club would.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Mon May 29, 2017 11:06 am

Replacing Alexis? The man has scored in both sets of the SF and Final he's played in the FA Cup. 5 goals overall.

Drogba has netted 8 times at Wembley—4 in Finals.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Santi » Mon May 29, 2017 11:08 am

Drogba to Arsenal confirmed
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Mon May 29, 2017 2:26 pm

Angelito wrote:Replacing Alexis? The man has scored in both sets of the SF and Final he's played in the FA Cup. 5 goals overall.

Drogba has netted 8 times at Wembley—4 in Finals.

selling is not a sane move, imho
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsene Nose » Mon May 29, 2017 2:31 pm

Other clubs competing for Sanchez will have to splash out on a hefty transfer fee. We don't since we have him for another season and max will need to offer a loyalty bonus. That should allow us to price him out on a salary basis.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby greengoonerie » Mon May 29, 2017 3:46 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:Other clubs competing for Sanchez will have to splash out on a hefty transfer fee. We don't since we have him for another season and max will need to offer a loyalty bonus. That should allow us to price him out on a salary basis.
....all this presumes Alexis wants to stay.

Does anyone truly believe that Alexis wants to stay at Arsenal, regardless of the money offered to him?

I don't.

I believe he wants away from Arsenal to compete in top level competition (CL) with a team who have ambition (Not Arsenal) and alongside players and a manager who show the same ability, passion and commitment to success (not Arsenal)

So, I think it's got nothing to do with money but everything to do with ambition.

Arsenal have no ambition, thus Alexis will want away. :angry: :angry:
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Nuggets » Mon May 29, 2017 3:55 pm

greengoonerie wrote:
Arsene Nose wrote:Other clubs competing for Sanchez will have to splash out on a hefty transfer fee. We don't since we have him for another season and max will need to offer a loyalty bonus. That should allow us to price him out on a salary basis.
....all this presumes Alexis wants to stay.

Does anyone truly believe that Alexis wants to stay at Arsenal, regardless of the money offered to him?

I don't.

I believe he wants away from Arsenal to compete in top level competition (CL) with a team who have ambition (Not Arsenal) and alongside players and a manager who show the same ability, passion and commitment to success (not Arsenal)

So, I think it's got nothing to do with money but everything to do with ambition.

Arsenal have no ambition, thus Alexis will want away. :angry: :angry:

Sadly I think you are right, I don't blame him either, he is at the top of his game so he wants to play with and against the best and win trophies.
Nuggets

Postby Bayernfan » Mon May 29, 2017 4:56 pm

And what is your opinion about Arsenal, would they prefer to sell him to Bayern or PSG for less money than Manchester City just to take Sanchez away from them ?

Of course if Sanchez prefers to leave for Manchester City instead of Bayern it would be hard for Arsenal to make him move other places but I would ask about his personnal ambition and wouldn't have any regret.

As far as I know, Robin Van Persie only had Manchester United but do you think he would have choose Real Madrid or Barcelona over Man United if he could have ?
Bayernfan
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby starmandb » Mon May 29, 2017 6:46 pm

Bayernfan wrote:And what is your opinion about Arsenal, would they prefer to sell him to Bayern or PSG for less money than Manchester City just to take Sanchez away from them ?

Of course if Sanchez prefers to leave for Manchester City instead of Bayern it would be hard for Arsenal to make him move other places but I would ask about his personnal ambition and wouldn't have any regret.

As far as I know, Robin Van Persie only had Manchester United but do you think he would have choose Real Madrid or Barcelona over Man United if he could have ?

Juventus and Man city were also interested in van persie
He had the right to go where he wanted
I don't buy into this business about not going to a rival
I love arsenal with every fibre of my body but were I a player I would go wherever suited my career
It was our job to make that arsenal
We failed
All this booing of exes is not the arsenal way and shifts the blame from Wenger the culprit
He shouldn't have even been here to make the decision though
Wenger should have been sacked 9 months before
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby indy23 » Mon May 29, 2017 8:14 pm

Most likely gone. Wasted chances to compete for big trophies with him. Shame. #oneArseneWenger
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby MesutOzil11 » Mon May 29, 2017 10:44 pm

Watching the highlights now and it just clicked that he is probably off.

Wenger subbed him with 2 minutes to go for Elneny on Saturday. Why?

Danny Murphy said himself he was shocked because imagine if Chelsea got a very late equaliser.

Did Wenger want him to get the standing ovation he deserves before he leaves? :(

f***ing hope not.
MesutOzil11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Sims » Mon May 29, 2017 10:55 pm

He was f***ked and Chelsea were down to 10

You saw how many chances we had at the end of the game when Chelsea's defence went walkies
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby MecurialGooner » Mon May 29, 2017 10:55 pm

Most likely the case MO11, most likely the case.... :(
MecurialGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club