England's four Champions League places at risk?

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: England's four Champions League places at risk?

Postby AAIRE99 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:36 am

CukiZeGerman wrote:In all fairness, this is also the person that thinks that Adnan Januzaj is "one of the best players in the World".

I never said that, believe I once said he was one of the best teenagers in the world or players of his age group, still far better than you trying to tell me Gaya is better than Luke Shaw and calling Luke Shaw shite, useless amongst many other things.

You need to open your mind son.
AAIRE99
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Angelito » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:49 am

The only English club that can do well in the CL is Chelsea and they're struggling. Expect City, United, and Chelsea to make it to the KO stages. I think United and Chelsea will reach the QFs. Still not enough if the Italians do well, but I don't think they will this season.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CukiZeGerman » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:57 am

AAIRE99 wrote:
CukiZeGerman wrote:In all fairness, this is also the person that thinks that Adnan Januzaj is "one of the best players in the World".

I never said that, believe I once said he was one of the best teenagers in the world or players of his age group, still far better than you trying to tell me Gaya is better than Luke Shaw and calling Luke Shaw shite, useless amongst many other things.

You need to open your mind son.

My mind is open.
It's you who needs to get a grip with reality.

Because - Januzaj isn't one of the best prospects in world football, and Luke Shaw isn't one of the best players on his position.
Hold the doooooor
CukiZeGerman
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:19 am

I hope England does lose a CL spot; will only force us to actually utilize the transfer market.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Yorkyblue » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:I hope England does lose a CL spot; will only force us to actually utilize the transfer market.

I don't care either, we'd deserve to lose the spot. I just don't see it happening. As I was saying before it's all about money and sponsorships and English clubs bring that. It wouldn't be the first time they have changed things to make it fit.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby AAIRE99 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:00 pm

Ye its hard to imagine PL teams losing the spot especially when we could affectively abolish the champions league by withdrawing our top teams.

im with yorky tbh, I just do not see Uefa angering the beast really, pretty stupid. We watch the CL because it has the best teams and the top 4 are amongst the top 10 in CL always(player for player anyway).
AAIRE99
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby jmiles10 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:49 pm

since the old top 4 days, the cl performances by English teams have been poor.

Before that for a 5 year period it was very good. Do believe because of the demanding physicality of the pl it makes things harder but still we deserve to lose a spot and the blame lies at our door really. At least the other teams try their best.
jmiles10
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby AAIRE99 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:05 pm

Even if we did lose a place with the new tv deal I think the PL will now regain top place from La Liga again and this time solidify that top place due to financial dominance. We already have a scenario where any player in europe would rather play in the PL for Newcastle than any other teams in europe outside PSG, Real, Barca.

Well lets hope anyway.
AAIRE99
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby CukiZeGerman » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:45 pm

AAIRE99 wrote:Even if we did lose a place with the new tv deal I think the PL will now regain top place from La Liga again and this time solidify that top place due to financial dominance. We already have a scenario where any player in europe would rather play in the PL for Newcastle than any other teams in europe outside PSG, Real, Barca.

Well lets hope anyway.

As Schlandi said.

The TV deal doesn't have anything to do with the UEFA coefficients.
So I don't really know how on earth will the PL regain the top place from La Liga based on the new TV deal.
Yes with the influx of more money, one would expect better performances and therefore a better coefficient - but history has already proven that this is not the case.

Unless PL club start to play better in the CL and taking the EL more seriously - you WILL lose the 3rd place in the UEFA ranking and you will lose the 4th CL spot. Don't really get what is so hard to understand about that.
Hold the doooooor
CukiZeGerman
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Schlandi » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:45 pm

AAIRE99 wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:It's all about money. If England drop to 3 for Italy, both will end up with 4.

English football is the most popular in the world, TV rights prove that. They want English teams there for that reason. It will take a huge kind of collapse for them to take it off us in my opinion.

The PL clubs have the most money available by distance for ages but your clubs still managed to f**k up regulary.
Who the f**k cares if your league is more popular btw ?
It's about results in european competitions and nothing else.

Coefficent for 2017/2018
1. 65.570 LaLiga
2. 52.927 Bundesliga +12.643
3. 50.409 PL + 2.518
-----------------------------
4. 50.248 SerieA + 0.161

People watching care?

Stop talking about other crap that has nothing to do with this. Talk about how English teams spend so much and fail in Europe to people who are talking about that.

It's about European football and nothing else? f**k me mate you have problems if you think football is so black and white. Guessing you're a Blatter fan?

LOL are you drunk ?
The UEFA coefficent is about results and nothing else how difficult is that to understand ?
You started talking about money and as a ManCity fan you are much closer to Blatter as me, myself and I and no you won't get four Spots on the 4th place cause you are the "mighty Premier League" deal with it.

I think there is a translation problem here cause you don't have a clue what I'm talking about. :lol:

In fairness "German uses the "are you drunk" "lay off the heroin"" line(s) on a person from the british isles = conversation over mate.
Dont think you know what these means.

Just to remind you Yorky this is one of 2 idiots telling us all last season that English football is on the way out and the Bundy is on the way up. Ok lads, fair enough when in all reality the Bundy is the Premier League B Version.

The irish version of John Snow is talking again .. and as expected it's bollocks

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby AAIRE99 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:07 pm

CukiZeGerman wrote:
AAIRE99 wrote:Even if we did lose a place with the new tv deal I think the PL will now regain top place from La Liga again and this time solidify that top place due to financial dominance. We already have a scenario where any player in europe would rather play in the PL for Newcastle than any other teams in europe outside PSG, Real, Barca.

Well lets hope anyway.

As Schlandi said.

The TV deal doesn't have anything to do with the UEFA coefficients.
So I don't really know how on earth will the PL regain the top place from La Liga based on the new TV deal.
Yes with the influx of more money, one would expect better performances and therefore a better coefficient - but history has already proven that this is not the case.

Unless PL club start to play better in the CL and taking the EL more seriously - you WILL lose the 3rd place in the UEFA ranking and you will lose the 4th CL spot. Don't really get what is so hard to understand about that.

Dont think anybody disagrees with you at all actually, in theory they should lose it and they hm actually im not so certain on deserve to lose it as we are not fielding first teams in the europa for a start.

I dont think they will, your missing the fact that Uefa can just do a Fifa like they always do and say "oh ye lets change that law" and voom still got 4 places. Pretty obvious that they wont take the 4th spot from the PL, how could it ever work in there interests firstly? secondly it could work against them catastrophically.

I think what will probably happen is 3 & 4 go into the play offs, sounds like a fair compromise without Uefa losing too much face.
AAIRE99
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby CukiZeGerman » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:11 pm

AAIRE99 wrote:I dont think they will, your missing the fact that Uefa can just do a Fifa like they always do and say "oh ye lets change that law" and voom still got 4 places. Pretty obvious that they wont take the 4th spot from the PL, how could it ever work in there interests firstly? secondly it could work against them catastrophically.

2 questions:

a) when did FIFA change a law (and which laws) to accomodate anyone
and
b) why would UEFA pull a "FIFA" and accomodate the English. What the hell would UEFA get out of that besides criticism - and they have plenty of that already :lol:
Hold the doooooor
CukiZeGerman
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby UFGN » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:29 pm

CukiZeGerman wrote:
AAIRE99 wrote:I dont think they will, your missing the fact that Uefa can just do a Fifa like they always do and say "oh ye lets change that law" and voom still got 4 places. Pretty obvious that they wont take the 4th spot from the PL, how could it ever work in there interests firstly? secondly it could work against them catastrophically.

2 questions:

a) when did FIFA change a law (and which laws) to accomodate anyone
and
b) why would UEFA pull a "FIFA" and accomodate the English. What the hell would UEFA get out of that besides criticism - and they have plenty of that already :lol:

Liverpool / Everton
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby CukiZeGerman » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:39 pm

Elaborate on that - I have no clue :D
Hold the doooooor
CukiZeGerman
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Santi » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:50 pm

Everton came 4th

Liverpool won CL

Suddenly both allowed in rather than Everton losing their spot.
Santi
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football