The Championship thread

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: The Championship thread

Postby Yorkyblue » Tue May 31, 2011 4:20 pm

I don't get what you're getting at mate. That's got nothing to do with what I'm on about?
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby elkanofan » Tue May 31, 2011 6:00 pm

SE13 wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
Bristol_Gunner wrote:Just so happy Swansea went up. Been living there for the past 3 years, and over that time i have found a growing attachment to the club. Its annoying that they won promotion just as i leave, but its only an hour and 40 on the train so no worries.

Anyway congratulations Swansea and good luck. (except for when you play arsenal)

What it like there? Are the girls sexy?

Silly question!

It's a bit like asking if The Pope is Catholic!

? not really i mean some areas i've been to there are lots of nice girls, some not so much...
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby elkanofan » Tue May 31, 2011 6:04 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:Why are people moaning about a welsh team in the prem? Rest of the divisions have put up with it for years so why only a concern now? Good luck swans

I don't mind them at all. Just saying it's not correct to call it the English Premierleague league when there is a welsh team in it. Just stating the absolute obvious.

I think England and Wales might as well just combine their leagues, what i mean is the welsh premier should merge with the conference pyramid system etc..
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Yorkyblue » Tue May 31, 2011 6:09 pm

elkanofan wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:Why are people moaning about a welsh team in the prem? Rest of the divisions have put up with it for years so why only a concern now? Good luck swans

I don't mind them at all. Just saying it's not correct to call it the English Premierleague league when there is a welsh team in it. Just stating the absolute obvious.

I think England and Wales might as well just combine their leagues, what i mean is the welsh premier should merge with the conference pyramid system etc..

But it's the English Championship and English League 1 and 2. I just don't see why the fuss about it now they're in the top division when it's not really any different to before.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby SE13 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:08 pm

Much as Berwick play in the Scottish leagues, and years ago, Scottish teams (and Welsh) competed in The FA Cup.

It's the way it's always been, and it's not going to change. What people have to remember is that in theory, Wales is part of England, although it's fairly much overlooked these days, and Wales has it's own identity.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby TRA Dial Square » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:18 pm

Fatman plays Fifa Football.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:51 pm

Will be very interesting to watch Arsenal v Swans from a statistical point of view, (this will be my personal hell!) considering Swans have a higher pass rate than Arsenal...shocking but true.
EDIT:Although obviously against lesser quality opposition than what will be faced in the prem.

Was out n about down Morfa today ( pronounced more-va) shopping complex right next to the Liberty, and saw that the turf is already in the process of being relaid, some construction work going on too which im presuming is for extra parking, 16k season tickets already been sold, so not going to be much chance of getting tickets on general! :(
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Forest » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:49 pm

Noooo Forest have sacked Billy Davies and are talking to Steve McClaren :(

Alex McGleish has resigned from Birmingham and is now fave for Villa job.
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Maxduke » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:06 pm

Forest wrote:Noooo Forest have sacked Billy Davies and are talking to Steve McClaren :(

I think McClaren will do well, he's a good manager, people just see his England record but if you look at club level.

Middlesbrough: Highest ever league finish(I think? In the Premiership years it is anyway), Our 1st trophy(Carling Cup) and a European final. He leaves a nd a couple seasons later we're in the Championship.

Twente: Won the league with them when I reckon PSV, Ajax and AZ were probably all more likely to.

Wolfsburg: Fair enough not great here but they were already going downhill and he left them in 12th, by the end of the season they only secured Bundesliga survival on the last day I think it was.

I wouldn't of minded him back at us before we got Mowbray, I like the guy and think/hope he'll do well.
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Forest » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:37 pm

That may well be and think we will do alright with him, just the fans liked Billy, he took over and saved us from relegation then following season narrowly missing on automatic promotion losing play offs to winners Blackpool and following season to Swansea.

Wouldnt be suprised if Forest get the cheque book out now we got McClaren, something didnt really do with Billy.
@Coulston17

Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Maxduke » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:39 pm

Forest wrote:That may well be and think we will do alright with him, just the fans liked Billy, he took over and saved us from relegation then following season narrowly missing on automatic promotion losing play offs to winners Blackpool and following season to Swansea.

Wouldnt be suprised if Forest get the cheque book out now we got McClaren, something didnt really do with Billy.

Maybe your board thought Billy had taken you as far as he could? 2 Play-off losses, probably thought they needed someone else to take you to the next level.
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Forest » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:44 pm

Maxduke wrote:
Forest wrote:That may well be and think we will do alright with him, just the fans liked Billy, he took over and saved us from relegation then following season narrowly missing on automatic promotion losing play offs to winners Blackpool and following season to Swansea.

Maybe your board thought Billy had taken you as far as he could? 2 Play-off losses, probably thought they needed someone else to take you to the next level.

Very good point actually, he got us that far and need someone else to get us over final hurdle.

Your slowly getting rid of your Scottish contingent who werent good enough, think you'l be up there next season?
@Coulston17

Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:46 pm

Maxduke wrote:
Forest wrote:Noooo Forest have sacked Billy Davies and are talking to Steve McClaren :(

I think McClaren will do well, he's a good manager, people just see his England record but if you look at club level.

Middlesbrough: Highest ever league finish(I think? In the Premiership years it is anyway), Our 1st trophy(Carling Cup) and a European final. He leaves a nd a couple seasons later we're in the Championship.

Twente: Won the league with them when I reckon PSV, Ajax and AZ were probably all more likely to.

Wolfsburg: Fair enough not great here but they were already going downhill and he left them in 12th, by the end of the season they only secured Bundesliga survival on the last day I think it was.

I wouldn't of minded him back at us before we got Mowbray, I like the guy and think/hope he'll do well.

This.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Maxduke » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:47 pm

Yeah, thankfully and I'm not too sure, my heart says yes but my brain says we may well be playing too many youth players.

We're having to chop our wage budget massively as I mentioned in this thread before and we're replacing them with youth players but to be fair some of them are really good and can't be worse than Boyd & co. So to answer your question, nah I don't think we'll be promoted but I reckon we'll do better than last year.
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Forest » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:56 pm

Nothing wrong with young players unless you take it to the extreme of Southampton, we got a few coming through and Arsenal tried to buy our reserve CB.
@Coulston17

Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football