All things Man United

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Manchester United's downward spiral

Postby Jedi » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:02 pm

Mourinho completely vindicated. Bring him home.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Ach » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:07 pm

Ole showing us why Arteta should never be our manager.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:15 pm

Ach wrote:Ole showing us why Arteta should never be our manager.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:40 pm

Jedi wrote:Mourinho completely vindicated. Bring him home.

He’s part of it.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Callum » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:19 pm

Hahahaha
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockape » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:06 am

So enjoyable watching the meltdown.....but not as much as watching Spuds currently! :rofll:
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Est83 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:45 am

I do prefer having a visceral hatred for the teams we're chasing, and that usually includes Scum, United and Chelski. But being ahead of the c**ts while they melt is delicious!

Anyone watched much of Chelski lately? I haven't. Does their momentum look like it'll be short lived? Or should we be worried?

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby elkanofan » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:55 am

Sims wrote:

That is why he chats shit on TV and has nothing to do with being a coach or manager!

United are laughably bad right now, i was literally crying with laughter watching them today, Newcastle dominated and won comfortably. Its great fun watching them like this, as a purist I do miss it when they were world class side 10-20 years ago but it makes these days more fun watching them in the state they are now even more hilarious.

they wont get relegated or anything though. There are still better than West Ham and Wolverhampton and they will end up above these strong midtable teams who will probably never get relegated at the very least when the season ends. Once Pogba and Martial return and they will buy some players in January to move them forward, Ole or no Ole at the wheel

Leicester only have a chance of finishing above United because they have no European football distraction.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Jedi » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:56 am

Est83 wrote:I do prefer having a visceral hatred for the teams we're chasing, and that usually includes Scum, United and Chelski. But being ahead of the c**ts while they melt is delicious!

Anyone watched much of Chelski lately? I haven't. Does their momentum look like it'll be short lived? Or should we be worried?

They look serious to me. Shit defense but they're playing good football and that's more than can be said for any of the other top 4 contenders.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Ach » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:02 pm

Rather be where we are than where Chelsea are tbh

Couldn't give a shit that they play good football
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Jedi » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:24 pm

Ach wrote:Rather be where we are than where Chelsea are tbh

Couldn't give a shit that they play good football

I would rather have finished 3rd like Chelsea did last season, even though we started off better. And I'm afraid we might be in for a repeat.

I don't intrinsically care about good football. The issue is good football brings you good results and gets you to finish in the top 4, unlike Emeryball. If we can win every game for the rest of the season like we did the Bournemouth one, i would absolutely take that. The issue is we didn't and we lost to Palace, Wolves, Leicester and then drew to Brighton and finished 5th.
Last edited by Jedi on Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Ach » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:29 pm

Nah

We're a far better team than last season tougher, more resilient. Know how to pick up points when not playing well. Scoring goals at the other end also helps as 20+ goals in the last 8 games shows. Think it's nearly 3 a game we are getting for the past month or 2. Playing some good stuff as well.

Chelsea don't really frighten me. Neither do Spurs or Man Utd. Not even thinking about them. Let's get past city. Only a point behind. Let Chelsea and the other 2 fight for fourth. We break in to top 2. Will be tough but third is sewn up barring a return of the Wenger ways which we saw at the end of last season but can't see that this.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Jedi » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:30 pm

Ach wrote:Nah

We're a far better team than last season tougher, more resilient. Know how to pick up points when not playing well. Scoring goals at the other end also helps as 20+ goals in the last 8 games shows. Think it's nearly 3 a game we are getting for the past month or 2. Playing some good stuff as well.

Chelsea don't really frighten me. Neither do Spurs or Man Utd. Not even thinking about them. Let's get past city. Only a point behind. Let Chelsea and the other 2 fight for fourth. We break in to top 2. Will be tough but third is sewn up barring a return of the Wenger ways which we saw at the end of last season but can't see that this.

Only one way to find out, and that is to wait it out and see what happens. I hope you're right.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Ach » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:36 pm

Jedi wrote:
Ach wrote:Nah

Only one way to find out, and that is to wait it out and see what happens. I hope you're right.

Of course. I said when Wenger went that it will take time, possibly even multiple managers to get back to where we were and to right all the wrongs he did. We're well ahead of schedule.

It helps that Man Utd has a poverty manager, Tottenham are Tottenham and Chelsea are inconsistent.

They along with us all had a shocking end to last season league wise. Spurs and mancs have carried that in to this season. Chelsea are better. As are we. Would rather win the Europa than finish top 4 but we'll get top 4 no matter what happens in Europe. Cant really judge that til we see what CL sides are in it but if it's who I think it will be then we have another great chance at success
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Nuggets » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:52 pm

I just hope the Manure beat the dippers after that they can get relegated lol
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football