All things Man United

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Do you think United are going downhill?

Postby Leody » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:43 am

singaporegooner wrote:Just like the same way the local government at Madrid did some years back.
"Bought" the stadium from Real, wiped out all the debts, and "leased" the stadium back to them.

Something along those lines, yes.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby starmandb » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:31 am

Yorkyblue wrote:Man Utd have been in worse positions than this before and still won the league. Unfortunately you just can't write them off. They won't miss this seasons Rooney as he hasn't been playing that well. Like I said though, they've been in worse positions and always just end up getting better so Rooney probs won't even make a difference.

sadly you are right the media are in a feeding frenzy at the moment so much so that 5 live left the san siro a minute before kick off last night to vox pop the knuckle draggers at old trafford as if we had.nt heard enough of the inbreds opinions over the previous 29 hours
its the arrogance in extremis that any of the other 91 clubs in the league;s fans give a flying f**k for man.utds predicament .
they did win the league from a similar start from here in 02/03 when it was beckham that was the focus of attention
so talk of there demise is wildly exagerated but its hard to feel anything other than contempt for a club that have hoovered up other teams talent for years.
the only thing that should be united is the desire not to see the tv and print media with there tongue up fergies arse
Last edited by starmandb on Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Popey » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:38 am

I would prefer sputs

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Est83 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:21 am

Goose wrote:Been saying it for the last 2-3 years, the signs have been there that long, when they sold Ronaldo and brought in Owen and Valencia confirmed them.

Their interest payments are £40 million per year, that is what their transfer budget used to be

They no long buy established stars, they are buying youngsters with potential so they have some sell on value

It's been obvious hasn't it? They did almost noghitn with the money they got from Ronaldo, there were no realistic links to Villa, and what about Sneijder... how long ago did Keane leave? Their midfield has been shite ever since, this will be the last half-decent season we see from Scholes... then who do they have? Losing Rooney would be like us losing Cesc, RVP, Nasri and Chamakh... they just have nothing without him.

Away to Stoke this weekend, a hard fought draw me thinks. But on predictions, look what I dug up:

viewtopic.php?f=89&t=16987

I predicted 4th for ManUre (although I also didn't expect Chelski to be as strong considering their average age and lack of signings). Too early to be talking about predictions I suppose, but we could all see this coming. Hopeully things will stay this shite for them for a while before the inevitable happens (Mr Saudi Price comes to the rescue).

ChVint22 wrote:Kinda makes all those folks that questions Wengers youth method rethink their questions.

Exactly, we've got it good, and have had it good for a while. We've come out of a global financial mess with a new stdium, others have just added to their already existing debts. All hail Wenger :hail:

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Yorkyblue » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:29 am

I told a Man Utd fan that I think they will scrape through this season as always when they look f***ked. I can see Fergie using this as a time to leave (which will make things worse). He can blame City, the Glazers, City, Money in football (cos they haven't ever spent big compared to other clubs :lol: ) and City.

Once he fucks off in summer the will need a complete revamp and I can see them dropping out of the top 4 for 1 or 2 years until they rebuild. I'm sure they will rebuild pretty quick though...
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Yorkyblue » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:37 am

Just to add, Scholes and Giggs will probably retire this summer, as will VDS. Lots of rumours about Evra off to Barca as well in the summer. They need a complete change in squad nearly this summer.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Forest » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:59 pm

£7m on Bebe was bizarre too, reporters who have seen him train say hes worse than everyone in their reserves.

Suprised how angry Fergie was last night in the press conference. think hes losing control of a sinking ship.

But they'll find a way to come out on top, after all there Man Utd.
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby SE13 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:05 pm

But pre 93, they were nobodies back until 68. It's only because the press love them, and The FA use Sir Alcoholic's piss as mouthwash and shit as toothpaste that they are so in the limelight all the time.

If Sir Alcoholic hadn't been so easily able to manipulate them, they wouldn't be where they are now. And if there is any doubt about their finishing position, I have no doubt The FA will bend over backwards to make sure it does happen.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:59 pm

If Rooney goes for a nominal fee or worse (for them) leaves on a free at the end of his contract then they are in trouble. They don't appear to have the funds to replace him.

This seems different to the Beckham and Ronaldo things, with them they had a rift with Fergie and he basically said good riddance. With Rooney, Fergie seems to be begging him to stay and I haven't seen him do that to a player before.

I can't help wondering if Fergie might be off at the end of the season?
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby CynicalGooner » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:48 pm

SE13 wrote:But pre 93, they were nobodies back until 68. It's only because the press love them, and The FA use Sir Alcoholic's piss as mouthwash and shit as toothpaste that they are so in the limelight all the time.

If Sir Alcoholic hadn't been so easily able to manipulate them, they wouldn't be where they are now. And if there is any doubt about their finishing position, I have no doubt The FA will bend over backwards to make sure it does happen.

Exactly. They bang on about being the most decorated and historic club in England but pre Premier League they were also rans more often than not. They are Sky's poster child corporate pig farm. Murdoch even tried to buy them
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Gunner Down Under » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:38 am

To answer the question, yes.

Lose Rooney, lose your team. Sure it might have been great about 10 years ago but you're a club going downhill but you manage to 'hide' that with decent performances.

You lost Tevez and Ronaldo, and that was then it started getting bad. Replacing Ronaldo with Valencia??? Also I'm just counting who will be off at the end of the season. A bit worse, I reckon it'll get a lot more worse in time.
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby SE13 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:38 am

CynicalGooner wrote:
SE13 wrote:But pre 93, they were nobodies back until 68. It's only because the press love them, and The FA use Sir Alcoholic's piss as mouthwash and shit as toothpaste that they are so in the limelight all the time.

Exactly. They bang on about being the most decorated and historic club in England but pre Premier League they were also rans more often than not. They are Sky's poster child corporate pig farm. Murdoch even tried to buy them

Pre-Premiership, Manchester City had won the title more recently. United even went down for a season, and slumbered in mid table obscurity afterwards.

Your average United "fan" refuses to believe that there was any football before 1993 with the exception of 1968.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Forest » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:49 pm

Its okay now, Rooney has signed, treble is back on the cards!
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby SE13 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:10 pm

gunner2018 wrote:Its okay now, Rooney has signed, treble is back on the cards!

Depends on the strength of the other players...... He's a damn heavy weight to carry each match.

SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Manchester United Sponsorships

Postby prolific » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:14 pm

Man United signs sponsorship deal with Aon
By ROB HARRIS, AP Sports Writer | April 7, 2013 | Updated: April 7, 2013 6:42pm
http://www.chron.com/sports/article/Man ... 416314.php

LONDON (AP) — Manchester United has sold the naming rights to its training ground as part of a sponsorship deal with insurance firm Aon estimated to be worth $230 million, a further sign of the Premier League leader's off-field money-making abilities. The eight-year agreement with Aon starts in July and includes having the company's logos emblazoned on the training kit at United, which is on course to win a record-extending 20th English title in the coming weeks. Aon's name currently appears on United's main match kit in a $130 million, four-year deal, but General Motors Co.'s Chevrolet division takes over that sponsorship in a $559 million, seven-year deal from the 2014-15 season. Financial details of the new Aon deal were not publicly disclosed, but it is estimated to be worth $230 million over eight years and will also see the company provide United with business expertise. United bought out its previous training kit sponsorship deal with express delivery and freight firm DHL early in a bid to secure more cash, with that agreement having been worth around $65 million over four years. Although United is now also selling the naming rights to its vast training center at Carrington in south Manchester, the club has no plans to sell the rights to its main stadium. "Old Trafford will not be sold," United's executive vice chairman, Ed Woodward, said Sunday.

Since being bought by the American Glazer family in 2005, United has been rapidly raising cash through global sponsorship agreements. United, which is listed on the New York Stock Exchange, recently forecast record revenue this season of at least $537 million. The financial strength has been matched on the field this season, with United close to regaining the Premier League trophy from Manchester City, holding a 15-point lead over its neighbor heading into Monday's final derby of the season. Due to the imminent expectation of silverware after finishing last season empty handed, protests against the Glazer family have been non-existent this year. Forbes said in January that United's enterprise value, which subtracts debt from equity value, has risen to $3.3 billion, the highest for any sports team in the world.

Utd have huge deals which have all come in due to them competing. Remember a couple of years ago when they were desperate for cash to repay debt? Yup investment was still forced and look at the rewards they are reaping. Not only these sponsorships but secondary, perks and player incentives. Arsenal officials don't know what the f**k their doing.
You're Scared Of Change.
prolific
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football