Romelu Lukaku

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Romelu Lukaku

Postby Sims » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:24 pm

arsenal arent a big game team (unless were at wembley) rather than having no big game players
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:31 pm

Sims wrote:arsenal arent a big game team (unless were at wembley) rather than having no big game players

I swear Wenger must've done ju ju on Wembley.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:14 pm

He's going to be for Moureen's Utd what Drogba was for Moureen's Chelsea. Flat track bully, lamp-post, whatever, Moureen will get the best out of him and he'll win titles.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby indy23 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:56 pm

Tony_Adams wrote:He's going to be for Moureen's Utd what Drogba was for Moureen's Chelsea. Flat track bully, lamp-post, whatever, Moureen will get the best out of him and he'll win titles.

This. Blind loyality is allowed but this place gets ridiculous at times.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Cripps » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:58 pm

I hate being right :(
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:07 am

Cripps wrote:I hate being right :(

:rofll:
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby MesutOzil11 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:16 am

Massa wrote:A) Using Titi's punditry to back up your point is a stretch.

B) I don't disagree that he has faults. Lacazette has faults, Morata has faults, Agüero has faults... looks like there are no top strikers in the league.

C) For someone who 'pads his stats against lower teams', I guess so does Kane, Costa, Alexis...

All whilst playing for Everton.

Of course strikers have faults but not as many as Lukaku does thats for sure.

Whys it a stretch? Sure Henry is a pretty piss poor pundit but that doesn't take away his understanding of the game or that he makes a good analyser. I wish I could post Henry's analysis of Lukaku because everything he said was spot on about his poorly timed runs, lack of movement on the counter and his inconsistency of holding onto the ball.

The guy isn't a killer either. We saw that against Madrid and many times before that he bottles a lot of his chances.

I promise you now and i'll come back to this post, he may well get between 15-20 goals scoring against the weaker teams but when it's time to step up and be this big striker that United become dependant on you'll see him buckle time and time again because he simply doesn't have the qualities to be the big man.
MesutOzil11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:27 am

Time will tell .... but I reckon he will be a great signing (forget the price) if he gets over 20 goals that's all you want from a striker .... and I reckon he could get over 30 .... let's hope not ...

To knock a player for goal scoring 'technique' when he's scored 17-16-20-25-26 in the last five seasons .... that makes no sense ... Henry was a great player, but as a pundit he's feckin' clueless ......
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby MesutOzil11 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:35 am

EliteKiller wrote:Time will tell .... but I reckon he will be a great signing (forget the price) if he gets over 20 goals that's all you want from a striker .... and I reckon he could get over 30 .... let's hope not ...

Is it?

Say he does reach those figures but continues to still under perform against the big clubs, United don't maintain a title challenge and struggle against teams in the CL, that's the sign of a top striker?

Too many people are wrapped up in stats and numbers, it's really weird.
MesutOzil11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:50 am

MesutOzil11 wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:Time will tell .... but I reckon he will be a great signing (forget the price) if he gets over 20 goals that's all you want from a striker .... and I reckon he could get over 30 .... let's hope not ...

Is it?

Say he does reach those figures but continues to still under perform against the big clubs, United don't maintain a title challenge and struggle against teams in the CL, that's the sign of a top striker?

No it isn't ... why are Ronaldo / Messi the top players? because they are very good ... oddly enough they also have the best statistics ... go figure ....

You get three points whoever you play ... this 'he can't do it against big teams' is bollocks and means nothing ... no player has a better record against 'big' teams than 'small' teams ... that's because big teams concede less goals ...

Shearer the top EPL scorer of all time with 260 goals in 441 games - that's 0.59 goals per game ... yet against Utd, Liverpool, and Arsenal he managed just 0.31 per game .... he must have been utter shite then, right?

How about Alexis? last season scored 24 in 36 EPL games ... 0.67 per game .... played 8 games against the top four and scored 3 goals .... that's 0.37 .... is he a 'big game bottler' .... I don't think so .....

It's pointless to debate Lukaku until this season is over ... however his previous STATISTICS speak for themselves ... so far in the EPL he's been there, done it, got the tee-shirt ...
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby CaptGooner » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:14 am

EliteKiller wrote:
MesutOzil11 wrote:

Is it?

No it isn't ... why are Ronaldo / Messi the top players? because they are very good ... oddly enough they also have the best statistics ... go figure ....

You get three points whoever you play ... this 'he can't do it against big teams' is bollocks and means nothing ... no player has a better record against 'big' teams than 'small' teams ... that's because big teams concede less goals ...

Shearer the top EPL scorer of all time with 260 goals in 441 games - that's 0.59 goals per game ... yet against Utd, Liverpool, and Arsenal he managed just 0.31 per game .... he must have been utter shite then, right?

How about Alexis? last season scored 24 in 36 EPL games ... 0.67 per game .... played 8 games against the top four and scored 3 goals .... that's 0.37 .... is he a 'big game bottler' .... I don't think so .....

It's pointless to debate Lukaku until this season is over ... however his previous STATISTICS speak for themselves ... so far in the EPL he's been there, done it, got the tee-shirt ...

Data > feelings
CaptGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby BS221B » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:10 pm

He is playing unreal ffs. Should score over 25 league goals easily.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Sims » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:12 pm

if they dropped gashford for martial then they have a ridiculous side
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Massa » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:12 pm

I agree Martial should play but let's not pretend Rashford isn't quality
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:15 pm

Rashford would be a fantastic addition to us. He is quality just not in form.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to World Football