Points gained over the years

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: points gained over the years

Postby Inchpräctice » Wed May 26, 2010 10:26 am

Strange to see Everton third....?

I like our goal difference of +1417!
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby SE13 » Wed May 26, 2010 10:34 am

Inchpractice wrote:Strange to see Everton third....?

They have had more years in the top flight than anyone else.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Yorkyblue » Wed May 26, 2010 3:32 pm

SE13 wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:Just so you know, there is an all time league table knocking about somewhere on the internet. I'm guessing you will be interested in it after working on this.

There is and it's HERE

Arsenal second, and interestingly, the most amount of away goals scored.

I wouldn't mind seeing a stat with regard to goals scored at The North Bank end and the Clock End when we were at Highbury.

The next 10 years in that table could be interesting. Arsenal not too far off catching Liverpool, but will Man Utd catch Arsenal first? Maybe none? Liverpool (laughs) could sort themselves out and get away from both.

When you look at the league table like this, it's not too far off the order of biggest clubs in England.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Yorkyblue » Wed May 26, 2010 3:34 pm

starmandb wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:Seriously though, it would mean the likes of Bradford City and Swindon Town and are bigger than other teams as well.

it was never intended to prove who are the biggest.the intention was to show that because a team fall out of the champs league they don,t stop being a big club.
i think of man city as a big club in spite of the new money rather than because of it.
it will be a pretty good marker if done every year taking away the oldest season and adding the newest.bradford were 42nd on 62 pts with only notts co,barnsley,oxford and swindon/burnley below them of teams that have been in the top flight. i don,t think southampton are a bigger club than city but 1 that punched above its weight while city were underachieving

Just so you know, there is an all time league table knocking about somewhere on the internet. I'm guessing you will be interested in it after working on this.

thanks mate but i was trying to do something a little more contempary.
i know 23 years is a strange time frame but it is the distance between stewart robson and john lukic .the 1st player to play who was younger than me and the last player to play who was older,so in an extreme circumstance that could be the length of 1 mans career.
i guess when you 1st started following city you were buying the likes of keith curle?
so this bottomless pocket must be as big a suprise to you as it is to the rest of us.
i like city......you are not man utd

Don't forget Kinkladze :D.

This money is quite off putting to be honest.

Fake fans coming to the club and making the real fans look tits. Moaning on the forums about not being successful instantly and so on. Moaning about players we have ffs. Robinho playing wank is better than what we're used to.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby SE13 » Wed May 26, 2010 4:24 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
SE13 wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:Just so you know, there is an all time league table knocking about somewhere on the internet. I'm guessing you will be interested in it after working on this.

There is and it's HERE

Arsenal second, and interestingly, the most amount of away goals scored.

I wouldn't mind seeing a stat with regard to goals scored at The North Bank end and the Clock End when we were at Highbury.

The next 10 years in that table could be interesting. Arsenal not too far off catching Liverpool, but will Man Utd catch Arsenal first? Maybe none? Liverpool (laughs) could sort themselves out and get away from both.

When you look at the league table like this, it's not too far off the order of biggest clubs in England.

All time Premiership table reads as you would predict it to. I haven't got the time, but I wonder how it would pan out splitting those games from the all time table, and leaving it Division 1 only. Probably not too different, but again showing the bigger clubs right up there.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Fabrestuta » Wed May 26, 2010 8:35 pm

I'd have thought the mancs would have a lot bigger point gap over the rest of the all time Premier league table. There was a few years that they won the league by a ridiculous margin. Or maybe it just seemed that way.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby starmandb » Wed May 26, 2010 11:43 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:I'd have thought the mancs would have a lot bigger point gap over the rest of the all time Premier league table. There was a few years that they won the league by a ridiculous margin. Or maybe it just seemed that way.

the only season they won by a big margin was 99/2000. 18pts the season they got a free pass from the fa cup but its wenger who has won it 4 times that supposedly treats it with disdain?. they pretty much ended our league hopes by getting a draw with us at old trafford after freddy put us in front.we led for about an hour till sheringham scored.they had 3 games in hand because of that world club championship which in effect was a lovely mid season break for them. the fa? i shit em
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:26 pm

starmandb wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:Seriously though, it would mean the likes of Bradford City and Swindon Town and are bigger than other teams as well.

it was never intended to prove who are the biggest.the intention was to show that because a team fall out of the champs league they don,t stop being a big club.
i think of man city as a big club in spite of the new money rather than because of it.
it will be a pretty good marker if done every year taking away the oldest season and adding the newest.bradford were 42nd on 62 pts with only notts co,barnsley,oxford and swindon/burnley below them of teams that have been in the top flight. i don,t think southampton are a bigger club than city but 1 that punched above its weight while city were underachieving

so thats what i have done
1 man utd 1810 pts
2 arsenal 1670pts
3 liverpool 1576
4 chelsea 1480
5 aston villa 1262
6 spurs 1238
7 everton 1205
8 newcastle 996
9 blackburn 939
10 man city 875
11 west ham 840
12 leeds 838
13 southampton 784
14 middlesbro 672
15 wimbledon [now mk dons] 606
16 coventry 601
17 sheff weds 552
18 bolton 529
19 notts forest 470
20 fulham 459
you will be pleased to note yorkie that man city have moved up 3 places and replaced southampton,leeds and west ham by virtue of the fact that you only gained top flight points becuase in season 87/88 you were not playing top flight football so had no points to lose. aston villa leapfrogged spurs and everton for the same reason
starmandb

Postby TRA Dial Square » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:27 pm

Welcome back STARMAN!
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zedie » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:32 pm

STATO, STATO!!!

Where the f**k have you been? Looting?
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:33 pm

TRA Dial Square wrote:Welcome back STARMAN!

thank you
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:38 pm

Zedie wrote:STATO, STATO!!!

i would never lower myself to such digusting behaviour
if i want something i work hard and earn it
thats what i have been doing
grafting
starmandb

Postby Zedie » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:44 pm

starmandb wrote:

grafting

I know, just kidding. Hope all is well in your part of town mate, your stat skills have been sorely missed, there have been a few lively debates that needed your particular skill set...
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:53 pm

Zedie wrote:
starmandb wrote:

grafting

I know, just kidding. Hope all is well in your part of town mate, your stat skills have been sorely missed, there have been a few lively debates that needed your particular skill set...

sorry mate,sense of humour bypass. i know you spoke in jest
just gutted to see the town i love purged for cheap thrills
starmandb

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:01 pm

Welcome back man, don't be a stranger.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13