Steven Gerrard

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Steven Gerrard

Postby northerngooner83 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:37 am

Q8 Gooner wrote:I think it wasn't a dive and wasn't a penalty either.. The ball was too far away from Gerard.. I think Howard Webb got it right..

Agreed, the ball was too far away from him to do anything with it, good decision. Though on another day with a different ref it would have been given, that bit of luck ws with us on the day.
northerngooner83
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Briggsy » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:46 am

northerngooner83 wrote:
Q8 Gooner wrote:I think it wasn't a dive and wasn't a penalty either.. The ball was too far away from Gerard.. I think Howard Webb got it right..

Agreed, the ball was too far away from him to do anything with it, good decision. Though on another day with a different ref it would have been given, that bit of luck ws with us on the day.

a foul is a foul regardless where the ball is Gallas was very very lucky. If that happened if I was Refin It would be a penalty no question. But as I said if Gerrard didn't dive against Blackburn he may of got the penalty
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Q8 Gooner » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:13 am

TheOne2Smooth wrote:
northerngooner83 wrote:

a foul is a foul regardless where the ball is Gallas was very very lucky. If that happened if I was Refin It would be a penalty no question. But as I said if Gerrard didn't dive against Blackburn he may of got the penalty

I believe some common sense is to be used here.. Yes Gallas touched him.. Gerard fell down.. But the ball was far away.. Its the same as Rooney's Penalty this season at OT.. But if u strictly use the rules we will have around 5 penalties each game.. Anyway I believe its not a penalty.. Its a game of opinions anyway..
RED ARMY
Q8 Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:04 am

Q8 Gooner wrote:
TheOne2Smooth wrote:
northerngooner83 wrote:

I believe some common sense is to be used here.. Yes Gallas touched him.. Gerard fell down.. But the ball was far away.. Its the same as Rooney's Penalty this season at OT.. But if u strictly use the rules we will have around 5 penalties each game.. Anyway I believe its not a penalty.. Its a game of opinions anyway..

This isn't a matter of opinion, the ball could have been with another player 50 yards up the pitch, Gallas fouled him, he himself was a mile away from the ball and it was as stonewall as they come.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Popey » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:09 pm

I think the Gallas-Gerrard situation is very difficult. for a liverpool fan it was a clear foul and for a arsensal fan it was a dive. I personaly say that the ball was to far away and that gerrard never had could reach the ball but on the other side I would say it was a pen if I were a liverpool fan :think: is that logic? :dizzy:

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby kuzmanovic » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:25 pm

for me it was a penalty but karmas a bitch. he went down like a sack of shit for the free kick they got their goal from. as for shreks dive at the weekend the more said about that the better because it seems to have been just slightly glossed over this week.
kuzmanovic
Michael Thomas

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:27 pm

Popey wrote:I think the Gallas-Gerrard situation is very difficult. for a liverpool fan it was a clear foul and for a arsensal fan it was a dive. I personaly say that the ball was to far away and that gerrard never had could reach the ball but on the other side I would say it was a pen if I were a liverpool fan :think: is that logic? :dizzy:

No, for Liverpool fans, everyone else on the planet and 99.9% of Gooners it was stonewall.

Only a few people are saying it was a dive.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Q8 Gooner » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:52 am

gunngunn wrote:
Q8 Gooner wrote:
TheOne2Smooth wrote:
northerngooner83 wrote:

This isn't a matter of opinion, the ball could have been with another player 50 yards up the pitch, Gallas fouled him, he himself was a mile away from the ball and it was as stonewall as they come.

Its a matter of judgement then.. I don't believe it was a penalty.. I think it was the right decision.. But it could have also been given.. We were lucky to get away with it..
RED ARMY
Q8 Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:22 pm

Anyone read Gerrard's autobiography?

An excerpt from the Mail

"We had stood off United in the first half and made very few tackles. It went against everything built into my DNA. Tackling and collisions mattered against Manchester United.

While we waited for the second half to start, I looked around Anfield, my ancient battleground, and did a last few warm-ups, rotating my torso from the hips, tugging at my shorts, impatient for the game to get under way.

The game restarted, I went in hard with a fair, but slamming tackle on Juan Mata. I cleaned out Mata, who went flying, and I won the ball.

I was involved again, immediately, as Ander Herrera came hurtling towards me to shut down space. I was too quick for him. I completed a simple pass as Herrera came flying in with his sliding tackle. His right leg stretched out invitingly on the Anfield turf. I couldn't stop myself. Without even giving myself time to think I brought my left foot stamping down on Herrera. I felt my studs sink into his flesh just above the ankle. It had to have hurt him."

What a cringey ****. Imagine enjoying the fact that it had to have hurt....
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:25 pm

Thought we were linked with him

Bring him home
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Previous

Return to Domestic Football