Steven Gerrard

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Steven Gerrard

Postby the gooser » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:36 pm

its absolutely shocking how often he gets away with blatant cheating.

when he dives and wins penalties (as he quite often does), nothing is said about the fact that there was no contact.

when he dives and doesnt win a penalty, nothing is mentioned about it.

he's been getting away with it for years.
the gooser
Patrick Vieira

Postby Fordy » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:41 am

I wll put ths here becuase theres no pont it having its own thread, watching the news this morning and it showed the penaulty descion and i cant believe some people mainly se13 said he dived.

People claimed he was all ready on the floor by the time gallas got to him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... nalty.html

Fordy

Postby Q8 Gooner » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:56 am

I think a lot is said about diving.. Yes its wrong to dive and it is cheating.. But we r human we all cheat sometimes and yes it is part of the game whether we want to accept it or not.. But on the other hand what really pisses me off is when Rooney for example dived against Villa the commentator tried to defend him.. When Gerard dives he is only gone down easily.. While when Eduardo or even the c*** Drogba its a dive and ridiculous.. There is definitely double standards in the media when it comes to diving.. It really more about who dived "an english international or not" rather than the dive itself..
RED ARMY
Q8 Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:45 am

Gerrard did dive a few times yesterday but I actually thought the first one, where Gallas took him out, should have been a penalty. Thankfully it wasn't!!!
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby GunnGunn » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:28 am

Fordy wrote:I wll put ths here becuase theres no pont it having its own thread, watching the news this morning and it showed the penaulty descion and i cant believe some people mainly se13 said he dived.

People claimed he was all ready on the floor by the time gallas got to him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... nalty.html

It was a penalty big whoop.

Thats another thing about Gerrard or the media about English players, they always try to make them feel hard done by, plenty of times this season we have not been given a penalty, yet the media has said nothing about it, take Fletchers tackle on Arshavin, so what if he scored 2 minutes later, that was the most stonewall penalty i have ever seen.

We deserve a bit of luck, especially seeing as Liverpool, especially in Europe in recent years have gotten away with murder against us.

And although it was a penalty, the day i listen to Graham *3 Yellow cards* Poll, about refereeing decisions is the day i start taking relationship advice from Tiger Woods.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Fordy » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:38 am

Can i say im not saying liverppol deserved anything from the game and im not trying to say arsenal was lucky or that liverpool was unlucky.

What im saying as nothing to do with the result at all, the only reason i posted it was becuase of people saying it was a dive when it wasnt.
Fordy

Postby GunnGunn » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:40 am

Fordy wrote:Can i say im not saying liverppol deserved anything from the game and im not trying to say arsenal was lucky or that liverpool was unlucky.

What im saying as nothing to do with the result at all, the only reason i posted it was becuase of people saying it was a dive when it wasnt.

SE must have been more pissed than usual because the second i saw it i thought ''Stonewall''.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Q8 Gooner » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:47 am

I think it wasn't a dive and wasn't a penalty either.. The ball was too far away from Gerard.. I think Howard Webb got it right..
RED ARMY
Q8 Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Briggsy » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:21 am

It was a Penalty, we've had some certs ourselves what wasn't given! Its Gerrards own fault he dived the week before against Blackburn the refs think about that before making a decision. So maybe if he was more honest the week before hand he would of got a penalty
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Briggsy » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:22 am

It was a Penalty, we've had some certs ourselves what wasn't given! Its Gerrards own fault he dived the week before against Blackburn the refs think about that before making a decision. So maybe if he was more honest the week before hand he would of got a penalty
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Popey » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:44 am

with rooney, drogba and ronaldo one of the biggest diver ever

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Forest » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:50 am

aside from the subject of the penalty, i think hes lost faith and looks a below par week in week out, has he scored many this season?
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Gunflash » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:34 pm

It was a penalty but one can't feel any sympathy for Gerrard, seeing how Liverpool have benefited from so many wrong decisions over the years. Only a few weeks ago N'Gog went flying over without any contact and got a penalty which was scored by Gerrard.
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Goonergirl171 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:22 pm

I feel this was a case of being a victim of his own reputation, put probably any other player there (apart from the other serial divers) and I wouldn't be surprised if it was given. All those times he has gotten away with these acts and when he puts across a legitimate case it gets turned down, don't feel sorry for him one bit.

Webb probably saw this:

Goonergirl171
Patrick Vieira

Postby foxy » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:27 pm

Well I thought it personally was a penalty but it was karma for all the times he has dived and won one.

Stevie G looks a little bit out of love with his beloved Liverpool this season and having Raffa "the gaffa" as his boss, im not suprised!
Aaron Ramsey's magic, he wears an Arsenal hat. Sir Alex said come play for me but Aaron said f**k that. Ramsey is a Gooners fan, he wears his shirt with pride, he plays for Arsenal FC, red and white army by his side!
foxy
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football