Steven Gerrard

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Steven Gerrard

Postby Rockin' Robin » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:38 am

So, who saw Gerrard's dive yesterday against Blackburn? On Match of the Day, they showed one replay at a bad angle, before on the best angle cutting it off as it was getting conclusive. The referee didn't give a penalty, but he didn't yellow card Gerrard either? From what I know, the media have made nothing of it, anyone seen anything about it in the newspapers?
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Re: Steven Gerrard

Postby Fordy » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:56 am

The Midfield General wrote:So, who saw Gerrard's dive yesterday against Blackburn? On Match of the Day, they showed one replay at a bad angle, before on the best angle cutting it off as it was getting conclusive. The referee didn't give a penalty, but he didn't yellow card Gerrard either? From what I know, the media have made nothing of it, anyone seen anything about it in the newspapers?

If nothing was given for it why would the media make something of it?
Fordy

Postby Rockin' Robin » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:57 am

Fordy wrote:
The Midfield General wrote:So, who saw Gerrard's dive yesterday against Blackburn? On Match of the Day, they showed one replay at a bad angle, before on the best angle cutting it off as it was getting conclusive. The referee didn't give a penalty, but he didn't yellow card Gerrard either? From what I know, the media have made nothing of it, anyone seen anything about it in the newspapers?

A dive is a dive, whether there's a penalty or not.
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Fordy » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:00 pm

The Midfield General wrote:
Fordy wrote:

Lol theres probebly 100s of dives every weekend that nothing ever happens from, If there no penaulty or no Card then its not news.
Fordy

Postby Rockin' Robin » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:03 pm

Fordy wrote:
Fordy wrote:

Lol theres probebly 100s of dives every weekend that nothing ever happens from, If there no penaulty or no Card then its not news.

I guess so, but even when Gerrard does win a penalty by diving, nothing is said.

His hypocrisy is barely noticed by the media, barring a Youtube user or two.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVb2gbMtN3I
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Fordy » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:05 pm

You said you watched it twice on match of the day so they must have been talking about it lol

Your clutching at straws there was probebly about 10 clear dives in the prem this weekend that nothing happened from if the papers talk about every one its all that would be in the papers.
Fordy

Postby Rockin' Robin » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:09 pm

Fordy wrote:You said you watched it twice on match of the day so they must have been talking about it lol

Your clutching at straws there was probebly about 10 clear dives in the prem this weekend that nothing happened from if the papers talk about every one its all that would be in the papers.

I saw it first in real time, then one replay, then a second was cut off as he was going down.

10? I doubt there would have been that many, it just annoys me how ignorant the media are to Gerrard's blatant cheating time after time.
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Fordy » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:11 pm

Fordy wrote:You said you watched it twice on match of the day so they must have been talking about it lol

I saw it first in real time, then one replay, then a second was cut off as he was going down.

10? I doubt there would have been that many, it just annoys me how ignorant the media are to Gerrard's blatant cheating time after time.

I understand what your saying but if the game didnt stop becuase of it, its a nothing moment and if you really think about it its not really cheating unless you get a free kick or penaulty it just chucking your self on the floor.
Fordy

Postby Briggsy » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:46 pm

What about the Portsmouth dive nothing was mentioned and that was a dive
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Gould » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:13 pm

sams got a point tho fordy just because a pen or a card wasnt given doesnt mean they can attempt to con the ref and the game and put bad press opon the league its not right that one player can be slated yet countless others are not even highlighted i think that fifa have to sort this out because its getting stupid
Gould
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Goose » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:27 pm

Our match was a high profile CL being played when no other matches were being played against a Scottish team, the CL is governed by UEFA which has a heavy Scottish influence.

Wrong match at the wrong time.

The FA who govern the EPL don't really give a damn, unless a complaint is made and then they have to investigate.

They are reactionary, not proactive.

There isn't a control room with a team if guys watching every match to see if someone dives
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby SE13 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:45 pm

TheOne2Smooth wrote:What about the Portsmouth dive nothing was mentioned and that was a dive

That wasn't a dive, he fell and admitted it, also he never claimed to have been fouled at the time, he just got up and got on with it.

Penalty missed anyway, so justice served.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Fordy » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:58 pm

Every top teams fans feel the same as most of you, they will also feel its always there team on the short end while over players get away with things its just the way football is.

There is and have been loads of press about Gerrard diving just do a google search and you will see, you just think there isnt becuase this is a arsenal forum and its not posted and i dont mean last nights game.

I wasnt defending Gerrard with my posts but answering the question, the question was why isnt there a big mediea fuss today about it when in reality there is nothing for there to be a fuss about becuase no free kick or no penaulty was given.
Fordy

Postby SE13 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:21 pm

True enough Fordy, but what would they have said if it was given? "Bit harsh on the defender, but these are given week in week out"

Eduardo took a tumble, and the whole of Europe was on his back.

Shrek, Ronaldo, Dogbreath and Gerrard et al do it week in week out and not a word is ever said, it's "just part of the game" yet the witch hunt is out when Eboue miserably fails to look spectacular with his dives.....

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Fordy » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:23 pm

SE13 wrote:True enough Fordy, but what would they have said if it was given? "Bit harsh on the defender, but these are given week in week out"

Eduardo took a tumble, and the whole of Europe was on his back.

Goose wrote:Our match was a high profile CL being played when no other matches were being played against a Scottish team, the CL is governed by UEFA which has a heavy Scottish influence.

Wrong match at the wrong time.

The FA who govern the EPL don't really give a damn, unless a complaint is made and then they have to investigate.

They are reactionary, not proactive.

There isn't a control room with a team if guys watching every match to see if someone dives
Fordy

Next

Return to Domestic Football