Who do you want to go down?

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Who do you want to go down?

Postby theHotHead » Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:17 pm

Elko is on fire, I agree with every word you wrote!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:55 pm

elkanofan wrote:I dont like all this scared mentallity wanting Newcastle to go down because they will eventually turn into Man City.

This is exactly whats lead us into such mediocraty. I want them to stay up now. They arent a joke or meme team like 2008-2016 and even when they did go down they just bounced right back the first season of asking. If they did go down which seems unlikely now they could come back with serious momentum in 2023-24 by destroying the Championship anyway qnd go straigh into the top 6-8. The maximum they will achceive in the next two season is top 6 by 2013/2024 that team needs a LOT of work even with the money. It took Man City 3 seasons to break top 4 btw.

Burnley, Norwich and Watford are my three i want to see gone. Burnley been here long enoigh and im bored of their brexit football now. Norwich and Watford are sadly nothing but yoyo feeder clubs.

I like Leeds and Everton to stay up as the more historically big teams with large fanbases is always better for the league.

Beating Aston Villa, Everton and Newcastle for example feels much better than beating Brentford and Brighton for example as these will always been smaller sides who will bounce between the upper championship and lower premier league. Those other three have huge fanbases which is always fun to go away or beat them at our place.

Good post :clap: :clap:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby VCC » Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:35 pm

Nuggets wrote:
elkanofan wrote:I dont like all this scared mentallity wanting Newcastle to go down because they will eventually turn into Man City.

This is exactly whats lead us into such mediocraty. I want them to stay up now. They arent a joke or meme team like 2008-2016 and even when they did go down they just bounced right back the first season of asking. If they did go down which seems unlikely now they could come back with serious momentum in 2023-24 by destroying the Championship anyway qnd go straigh into the top 6-8. The maximum they will achceive in the next two season is top 6 by 2013/2024 that team needs a LOT of work even with the money. It took Man City 3 seasons to break top 4 btw.

Burnley, Norwich and Watford are my three i want to see gone. Burnley been here long enoigh and im bored of their brexit football now. Norwich and Watford are sadly nothing but yoyo feeder clubs.

I like Leeds and Everton to stay up as the more historically big teams with large fanbases is always better for the league.

Beating Aston Villa, Everton and Newcastle for example feels much better than beating Brentford and Brighton for example as these will always been smaller sides who will bounce between the upper championship and lower premier league. Those other three have huge fanbases which is always fun to go away or beat them at our place.

Good post :clap: :clap:

If you are talking teams that bounce up and down before the Russian brought chelski they probably won the old 2nd devision more than anyone
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Goonerred » Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:37 am

I like to see 'lesser' teaams in the PL, why shouldn't they get a chance? I don't like this elitist veiw that some teams should be in the PL and some shouldn't. As for more kudos beating Everton or Leeds, than, oh, let's say Brentford...
And what the hell is Brexit football???
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Nuggets » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:01 am

Goonerred wrote:I like to see 'lesser' teaams in the PL, why shouldn't they get a chance? I don't like this elitist veiw that some teams should be in the PL and some shouldn't. As for more kudos beating Everton or Leeds, than, oh, let's say Brentford...

Yup give the minnows a chance.
Nuggets

Postby Ach » Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:40 pm

Want London teams to stay up and come up. More London clubs the better
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Phil71 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:42 pm

I think Newcastle will comfortably stay up now. Probably finish about 10th.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Goonerred » Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:10 pm

Ach wrote:Want London teams to stay up and come up. More London clubs the better

I'm sure there's an '..ist' in there somewhere.
Last edited by Goonerred on Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goonerred

Postby ag6789 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:47 pm

Don't really care as long as we stay safe and on top.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby thebigbangtheo » Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:02 am

Mason Greenwood, Benjamin Mendy and Gylfii Sigurdsson.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby theHotHead » Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:21 pm

Goonerred wrote:I like to see 'lesser' teaams in the PL, why shouldn't they get a chance? I don't like this elitist veiw that some teams should be in the PL and some shouldn't. As for more kudos beating Everton or Leeds, than, oh, let's say Brentford...

I want to see quality, I take no pleasure watching a newly promoted side getting slapped up week in week out. Its great for the fans of those clubs to get a chance to see the biggest clubs and biggest names in football alongside theirs, the romance of football is amazing in that respect.

But I want to see the biggest clubs playing week in week out. Its such a shame some clubs haven't managed to come back into the Prem

I believe Brexit football is that agricultural, no nonsense football favoured by British managers who give little value to technique over physicality. Your Tony Pulis, your Mark Hughes, your Sam Allardyce. Rugby Football or WWE Football ... if you like
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Goonerred » Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:37 pm

theHotHead wrote:

I want to see quality, I take no pleasure watching a newly promoted side getting slapped up week in week out. Its great for the fans of those clubs to get a chance to see the biggest clubs and biggest names in football alongside theirs, the romance of football is amazing in that respect.

But I want to see the biggest clubs playing week in week out. Its such a shame some clubs haven't managed to come back into the Prem

I believe Brexit football is that agricultural, no nonsense football favoured by British managers who give little value to technique over physicality. Your Tony Pulis, your Mark Hughes, your Sam Allardyce. Rugby Football or WWE Football ... if you like

There's always three crap teams being beaten jup by everybody, they woudn't go down other wise.
Goonerred

Postby theHotHead » Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:38 pm

Kind of makes me think about teams that were big when I was a teenager, Coventry City, Sheffield Wednesday, Nottingham Forest, West Brom, QPR, ... etc
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:39 pm

quality post

please post more often :1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby elkanofan » Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:30 pm

I like minnows like Bournemouth too. The problem with them is the modern game creates glass ceilings for them and they end up getting to upper midtable like Bournemouth did, then run out of ideas, hang around and end of getting relegated anyway. Modern football needs to change to allow small sides to get to the very top just based on football.

Leicester and Wolves differ since due to have a good fanbase, big stadium and big investment they pushed to really become a top 6 team and at times overacheived to establish themselves high up the table with enough resources to try and take on those bigger.

I think this is very important because i dont want a situation like in the Bundesliga where you have Werder Bremen, Hamburg SV and now Schalke in the f***ing 2nd division. Then you have another big team Stuttgart fighting relegation because they were relegated years ago and are rebuilding. This is why its so so easy for Bayern. All their realistic challengers are a total shambles bar BVB who we all know are Bayerns bitch after that loan they got from them to save them from administration. Thats it! Red Bull only buy player 24 and younger to sell for profit, they dont even care.

Big clubs provide the best competition at the top.

Goonerred wrote:And what the hell is Brexit football???

Hothead explained it here.

theHotHead wrote:I want to see quality, I take no pleasure watching a newly promoted side getting slapped up week in week out. Its great for the fans of those clubs to get a chance to see the biggest clubs and biggest names in football alongside theirs, the romance of football is amazing in that respect.

I dont mind any style of football. Pretty or pragmatic. This is the beautiful game and all styles should be accpeted. Brexit style football only goes so far as you see with Burnley who have just run out of ideas and seem destined to head back down as while Dyche is a solid manager, theres nothing spectacular about him and he has not advanced this team forward whatsoever.

Elite slick counter attacking or possession football win you big trophies and titles. Brexit football can keep you up a few seasons but then thats about it.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football