Newcastle United

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Newcastle United

Postby EliteKiller » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:54 pm

Phil71 wrote:We have a right to a fair competition based on financial fair play.

Yes some clubs have always been able to generate more money than others through stadium revenue, sponsorship and so on. But Abrahamovic arriving at Chelsea was a different ball game altogether. That has been followed by Man City and now Newcastle. It’s cheating. Nothing less.

Personally I don’t recognise any of the trophies they’ve won during those years. Liverpool’s and Man Utd’s yes. Chelsea and Man City no. Fake plastic clubs.

We literally got into the first division on the basis of our wealth in 1919, glass houses and all that.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby LMAO » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:20 am

Ach wrote:World cup has also been in USA and going back there soon probably.

So don't think football gives a shit about the goings on in a country

Don't you want another World Cup in the UK? :think:

Smells like sour grapes.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby starmandb » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:17 am

LMAO wrote:

Smells like sour grapes.

I don’t think it unreasonable to want a World Cup in England.
We last had one in 1966
Mexico have had 2 since
Germany have had 2
USA would have had 2
I was in Florida 3 weeks before the 1994 World Cup and there was very little awareness of what was coming
I’m sure that football has grown substantially in America since then and I am excited for the World Cup there in a way that i am not about a Xmas World Cup in stadiums so close together
I like the idea of teams travelling throughout a country.
But I think a country that has football as such an important part of its heartbeat should have had another World Cup by now
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:22 am

The way football is going the next one will be given to North Korea.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:10 am

LMAO wrote:

Smells like sour grapes.

Point is people complaining about middle East countries being involved in football. Newcastle thing, Qatar world cup etc but nothing said about USA having the world cup despite the shenanigans going on there. As mentioned, Germany have had it twice.... They are a country with a questionable record on human rights. Nothing said.

But when it's Muslim countries, the world goes mad. They too aren't perfect but like I said doubt FIFA give a shit about what's happening in a country unless it's all out war
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:25 am

Ach wrote:
LMAO wrote:

Smells like sour grapes.

Point is people complaining about middle East countries being involved in football. Newcastle thing, Qatar world cup etc but nothing said about USA having the world cup despite the shenanigans going on there. As mentioned, Germany have had it twice.... They are a country with a questionable record on human rights. Nothing said.

But when it's Muslim countries, the world goes mad. They too aren't perfect but like I said doubt FIFA give a shit about what's happening in a country unless it's all out war

Add Brazil and Russia.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Ach » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:06 pm

I did think about them. Can be said about pretty much any host of a country but it's not.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:32 pm

Ach wrote:
LMAO wrote:

Smells like sour grapes.

The controversy over the world cup being in Qatar isn't to do with it being a Muslim country.

The entire tournament had to be shifted to winter because of the intense heat...and of course, they only got the world cup because of bribery and corruption.

Nothing to do with religion.

It's a shit place to hold a World Cup - that's about it.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Phil71 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:47 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Ach wrote:
LMAO wrote:

Smells like sour grapes.

The controversy over the world cup being in Qatar isn't to do with it being a Muslim country.

The entire tournament had to be shifted to winter because of the intense heat...and of course, they only got the world cup because of bribery and corruption.

That and the fact that they bribed bloated Blatter and various other FIFA people to get it.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Nuggets » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:58 pm

I would love to see the Toon go down lol
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:59 pm

Phil71 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Ach wrote:
LMAO wrote:

Smells like sour grapes.

That and the fact that they bribed bloated Blatter and various other FIFA people to get it.

Well indeed and as for Newcastle and the Saudi regime - Sky Sports broadcast was like a comedy skit poking fun at hypocrisy.

Started off with the bizarre scene of thousands hero-worshipping the representatives of the Saudi Regime and Sky lapping it up.. then panning around to celebrities in the crowd enjoying it all, then the cringeworthy graphic for every replay of 'No Room for Racism' - all the while with the entire backdrop of celebration of one of the most racist and oppressive regimes in the world.
Then to top it all off, shots of Geordie's dressed up as Arabs - I thought cultural appropriation was racist (?) but I guess not. :doh:

It was just bizarre watching it all unfold and I was left wondering whether anyone at Sky Sports even registered that they had put together such a skit for the ages.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:01 pm

Belgium manager Roberto Martinez, Rangers boss Steven Gerrard and Villarreal head coach Unai Emery are emerging as the leading contenders to replace Steve Bruce as Newcastle United manager. (Times - subscription required) 

Dear God. Imagine the embarrassment of edu or whoever sacked Emery as he wins the title with Newcastle
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:09 pm

These names look like they've been plucked out of a hat at random.

Emery's in the middle of a CL campaign, and Martinez was terrible in the PL with Everton.

Rafa Benitez should be in pole position for next season, he's beloved at Newcastle, and with a budget could absolutely get Top 6.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:49 pm

I've never understood why Rafa is so overrated.

His football is horrible, he had one good stint at Liverpool over 10 years ago and people are still giving him the benefit of the doubt, plus he's got health issues.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby StockGooner » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:15 am

jayramfootball wrote:Well indeed and as for Newcastle and the Saudi regime - Sky Sports broadcast was like a comedy skit poking fun at hypocrisy.

Started off with the bizarre scene of thousands hero-worshipping the representatives of the Saudi Regime and Sky lapping it up.. then panning around to celebrities in the crowd enjoying it all, then the cringeworthy graphic for every replay of 'No Room for Racism' - all the while with the entire backdrop of celebration of one of the most racist and oppressive regimes in the world.
Then to top it all off, shots of Geordie's dressed up as Arabs - I thought cultural appropriation was racist (?) but I guess not. :doh:

It was just bizarre watching it all unfold and I was left wondering whether anyone at Sky Sports even registered that they had put together such a skit for the ages.

Remember the whole saga around the European Super League and how Sky kicked off callig it a disgrace when really that was only about some clubs wanting more money (Not syaing that is right or wrong).

Funny how when there is one more club in the league THEY pay broadcasting rights for who will now be pumped full of money, there isn't an issue. Even with the human rights issues in Saudi, the visible racial misappropriation.

Sky are a disgrace to be honest
StockGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football