The Let's all laugh at Spurs Thread

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: The Let's all laugh at Spurs Thread

Postby EliteKiller » Tue May 24, 2022 11:43 am

Santi wrote:People always mention staggered deals as if it makes it cheaper…I don’t get it.

If all your deals are staggered, then you’re still paying for transfers from 3-4 years ago as well so even the argument about temporarily freeing up more funds doesn’t wash.

It makers a huge difference, in any business with cash flow issues deferring payments is vital, this applies even more to an industry where income and expenditure rise significantly year on year .... spending 100m on transfers 10 years ago was a huge deal, now even mid-table clubs can do it because their income has in many cases doubled.

It's like buying a player at the price they were five years ago - who wouldn't want to do that? Its also why picking the right players becomes more and more important when you're stuck with them for five years. Get it wrong and they go out on loss making loans or leave for no money .... now where have we seen that?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby alexafc12 » Tue May 24, 2022 12:09 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:I'm interested to see how much Spurs end up spending this summer. Especially since that is what Conte will demand to stay ...

Kulasevski and Romero are both on loan with buy obligations - so this summer they will have to put down £70m for them both. They also paid £25m for Bentacur in Jan so that's close to £100m already.

It's for frustrating we bottled CL football because had we pipped Spurs to 4th I really feel they would have struggled to compete in the market.

I suspect key for them will be moving on some of their loanees - interesting to see how Levy manages here. Lo Celso is on +£100k and Ndombele reportedly £200k. If they get sizeable fees for either then that will only evidence further how useless Edu is in the market.

Your numbers are way off - Kulu, Romero and Bentacur are all on payment plans - about 12m a year for five years covers all three. Spurs have also converted 250m of "Covid Loss" into a 20 year bond type deal - so about 15m a year .... and they've now had the first full season of stadium revenue - Joshua, Gaga, Conferences that's probably added 100m to their income, they sell over 1m of beer alone at NFL games. Strong rumour that they are very close to a massive naming rights deal .... bottom line they are feckin' loaded. FFP is gone it's now FFS where wages you can pay are based on a % of income, Spuds have one of the lowest %'s in the league, The timing for them getting CL has been perfect, and we let that happen,

The numbers are what are reported. Almost all deals in football are staggered payments - doesn't change the fact that they have spent a big outlay on players already. Their latest financial report has £140m of transfer debt - the above deals will get added to that and then paid down year on year.

They are certainly not 'feckin' loaded' going by their latest financial report and they have a huge rebuilding job to do in the summer. They have about 5 CL quality players in their squad. I agree though, per my opening comment a lack of CL football this year would have really hurt them.

The "latest" published financial reports cover the 2020-21 season which was the empty stadium season, Why do they have a huge rebuilding job? We are apparently progressing with 34 points in 2022 - Spuds under Conte have 41 points in 2022 - only 2 less than City. If they sign six new players (as Conte is demanding) they will then have a squad that's only behind City and the Dippers.

Sure they have spent reasonable money, 320m in the last three years, but they have also seen their income (ignoring Covid) go from 150m a decade ago to an estimated 500m for this current season - as we know building a 60,000 stadium will do that.

Over the two years of Covid Spurs reported losses of 80.2m and 67.7m that compares to us reporting 54m and 127m .... they have converted those losses into a twenty year bond, have we?

You're wrong they are loaded .... they have 100m of players to sell who are currently all out on loan .... N'Dombele, Gill, Lo Celso, Clarke, Cameron Carter Vickers and they signed Pepp Sarr last year, one of the top rated junior DMs in Europe, who will join them this summer.

Our only hope is that their CEO keeps his hands in his pockets and Conte buggers off .... :rofll: :rofll:

Your final point is right, us giving them CL football, that's 50m we won't get and 50m they will .... 100m difference next season, a huge swing that will really hurt

I'm not sure how you've come to the conclusion they are loaded. They generate lots of money but they also have huge debt to repay.

What do you mean they have converted losses into a 20 year bond ? They took out a loan from the BoE. We did the exact same. Many clubs in Europe took the opportunity to take advantage of all time low borrowing rates during the covid period so this is nothing new.

I'm not sure I agree with the transfer of loanees either. We've seen how hard it is to shift out-of-favour players, especially ones like Ndombele that earn £200k pw.

I've said why they need a huge rebuilding job. They have ~5 CL quality players and then rest are average at best.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby EliteKiller » Tue May 24, 2022 12:53 pm

alexafc12 wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:I'm interested to see how much Spurs end up spending this summer. Especially since that is what Conte will demand to stay ...

Kulasevski and Romero are both on loan with buy obligations - so this summer they will have to put down £70m for them both. They also paid £25m for Bentacur in Jan so that's close to £100m already.

It's for frustrating we bottled CL football because had we pipped Spurs to 4th I really feel they would have struggled to compete in the market.

I suspect key for them will be moving on some of their loanees - interesting to see how Levy manages here. Lo Celso is on +£100k and Ndombele reportedly £200k. If they get sizeable fees for either then that will only evidence further how useless Edu is in the market.

Your numbers are way off - Kulu, Romero and Bentacur are all on payment plans - about 12m a year for five years covers all three. Spurs have also converted 250m of "Covid Loss" into a 20 year bond type deal - so about 15m a year .... and they've now had the first full season of stadium revenue - Joshua, Gaga, Conferences that's probably added 100m to their income, they sell over 1m of beer alone at NFL games. Strong rumour that they are very close to a massive naming rights deal .... bottom line they are feckin' loaded. FFP is gone it's now FFS where wages you can pay are based on a % of income, Spuds have one of the lowest %'s in the league, The timing for them getting CL has been perfect, and we let that happen,

The numbers are what are reported. Almost all deals in football are staggered payments - doesn't change the fact that they have spent a big outlay on players already. Their latest financial report has £140m of transfer debt - the above deals will get added to that and then paid down year on year.

They are certainly not 'feckin' loaded' going by their latest financial report and they have a huge rebuilding job to do in the summer. They have about 5 CL quality players in their squad. I agree though, per my opening comment a lack of CL football this year would have really hurt them.

The "latest" published financial reports cover the 2020-21 season which was the empty stadium season, Why do they have a huge rebuilding job? We are apparently progressing with 34 points in 2022 - Spuds under Conte have 41 points in 2022 - only 2 less than City. If they sign six new players (as Conte is demanding) they will then have a squad that's only behind City and the Dippers.

Sure they have spent reasonable money, 320m in the last three years, but they have also seen their income (ignoring Covid) go from 150m a decade ago to an estimated 500m for this current season - as we know building a 60,000 stadium will do that.

Over the two years of Covid Spurs reported losses of 80.2m and 67.7m that compares to us reporting 54m and 127m .... they have converted those losses into a twenty year bond, have we?

You're wrong they are loaded .... they have 100m of players to sell who are currently all out on loan .... N'Dombele, Gill, Lo Celso, Clarke, Cameron Carter Vickers and they signed Pepp Sarr last year, one of the top rated junior DMs in Europe, who will join them this summer.

Our only hope is that their CEO keeps his hands in his pockets and Conte buggers off .... :rofll: :rofll:

Your final point is right, us giving them CL football, that's 50m we won't get and 50m they will .... 100m difference next season, a huge swing that will really hurt

I'm not sure how you've come to the conclusion they are loaded. They generate lots of money but they also have huge debt to repay.

What do you mean they have converted losses into a 20 year bond ? They took out a loan from the BoE. We did the exact same. Many clubs in Europe took the opportunity to take advantage of all time low borrowing rates during the covid period so this is nothing new.

I'm not sure I agree with the transfer of loanees either. We've seen how hard it is to shift out-of-favour players, especially ones like Ndombele that earn £200k pw.

I've said why they need a huge rebuilding job. They have ~5 CL quality players and then rest are average at best.

Spurs announced early last year that they expected to lose £200m in revenue in their next financial year (only lost 67.7m) and the low interest 0.5 per cent 250m BoE CCFF loan was taken to keep the club cashed-up through the difficult pandemic months, it required paying back in full by March 2022.

That repayment has now happened, Spurs last month confirmed that the club has raised £250m through the sale of US private placements to institutional investors.

Presumably our loan for 120m required repaying as well, there is nothing on any website that I can find. I recall reading somewhere that we paid it back and took out a loan from Barclays, not sure if that was to cover our CCFF loan or not.

Good point on the loanees, I took transfermarket values, but as you say unless someone wants them they have no value.

The repayment of loans is important as any loan money could not be used for transfer funds, by converting to a private placement or in our case a bank loan, means that Spurs and Arsenal can now spend it how they want. The key point is we borrowed 120m and ended up losing 127m, Spuds raised 250m and only lost 67.7m so presumably they can inject 180m cash into the club. Hence I said loaded.
Last edited by EliteKiller on Tue May 24, 2022 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue May 24, 2022 3:42 pm

Spurs need almost as many new players as us. They need at least 3 players for the first team.

The risk for us is that Conte and Paratici understand each other; not sure Nuno had any influence over him. So even though the budget will be lower than what Conte wants, they are in a better spot to pick up some of the right players on the cheap.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Angelito » Tue May 24, 2022 5:12 pm

ENIC has injected £150m to boost Spurs' transfer kitty this summer. They're fully backing Conte. This is the first time ENIC has invested their own money for transfers (apparently).
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Marsbar100 » Tue May 24, 2022 5:21 pm

Conte is scary tbh
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue May 24, 2022 6:00 pm

[streamable][/streamable]
Angelito wrote:ENIC has injected £150m to boost Spurs' transfer kitty this summer. They're fully backing Conte. This is the first time ENIC has invested their own money for transfers (apparently).

If they get Lukaku on loan I'd really start to worry
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby alexafc12 » Tue May 24, 2022 6:02 pm

This was the worry. If Spurs back Conte in the market we could be in deep waters. Spurs owner putting his money where his mouth is.

KSE need to match this ambition. This summer is going to be huge.

The failure for us to get top 4 was much much bigger than a small disappointment.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby EliteKiller » Tue May 24, 2022 8:56 pm

and there it is - 150m added to the 100\200m they already had .... Conte has to go or this could go badly wrong for us.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue May 24, 2022 9:15 pm

EliteKiller wrote:and there it is - 150m added to the 100\200m they already had .... Conte has to go or this could go badly wrong for us.

They're probably doing it precisely because Conte will walk if they don't. As will Kane.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby alexafc12 » Sun May 29, 2022 11:13 am

Conte has always made questionable signing by my books - seems to work out for him most times though.

None of the players that they're reportedly in for really worry me. Take out their front 3 and they are West Ham.

Lloris
Spence / Adama -------------- Romero -------------- Dier -------------- Bastoni -------------- Perisic

Eriksen -------------- Bentacur

Kulasevski -------------- Kane -------------- Son

Forster - Free
Perisic - Free
Eriksen - Free
Romero - £40m
Adama - £20m
Spence - £15m
Bastoni - £50m
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby EliteKiller » Sun May 29, 2022 12:24 pm

alexafc12 wrote:Conte has always made questionable signing by my books - seems to work out for him most times though.

None of the players that they're reportedly in for really worry me. Take out their front 3 and they are West Ham.

Lloris
Spence / Adama -------------- Romero -------------- Dier -------------- Bastoni -------------- Perisic

Eriksen -------------- Bentacur

Kulasevski -------------- Kane -------------- Son

Forster - Free
Perisic - Free
Eriksen - Free
Romero - £40m
Adama - £20m
Spence - £15m
Bastoni - £50m

Take out our best three players and we're Watford ......
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:19 pm

Everywhere they goooooooooo...
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:28 pm

They are so bad.
Let’s be honest, the way they’ve played they have been super lucky to be where they are.
They scraped a point against Chelsea that should never have the case. Awful officiating.
In other games they have relied on teams missing chances against them
Even in their 6-2 win over Leicester , Leicester should have been out of sight and would have been but for some horrendous finishing.

I certainly don’t think they are a team where it’s ‘done and dusted’ they finish above us.
:lol:

They are more a team that will have to incredibly lucky to make the EL places… unless they dump Conteball and actually stop boring the football world to tears.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby UFGN » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:50 pm

Trophy repellent working a dream for these c**** as per usual

They don't look like much. Thought their number 5 played well

Kane doesn't look happy. Negative body language
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football