The Let's all laugh at Spurs Thread

All UK football including Champions League, Europa Cup, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also any transfer gossip and news.

Re: The Let's all laugh at Spurs Thread

Postby Phil71 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:20 pm

"We have a lot of desire to work but you can work, work, work, work. But you can push a car at maximum level and sometimes it is not enough to be competitive."

:rofll:

Roughly translated:

"Mama Mia! What sort of shit is this I've gotten into?"
User avatar
Phil71
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 9866
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: The Let's all laugh at Spurs Thread

Postby LMAO » Yesterday 5:27 am



Image

Man should've listened to his compatriot :dontknow:
User avatar
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019
 
Posts: 9724
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:53 pm

Re: The Let's all laugh at Spurs Thread

Postby Nuggets » Yesterday 6:09 am

Oh dear what a shame lol
Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2011-12, 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2016-17 Winner
 
Posts: 20484
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

Re: The Let's all laugh at Spurs Thread

Postby Reiss » Yesterday 8:03 am

He's an idiot.

Imagine taking the Spurs job instead of waiting a few more weeks for the inevitable Utd sacking.
Reiss
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:56 am

Re: The Let's all laugh at Spurs Thread

Postby Reiss » Yesterday 8:14 am

Image
Reiss
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:56 am

Re: The Let's all laugh at Spurs Thread

Postby jayramfootball » Yesterday 8:31 am

Must be favourite for the next manager sacked.
jayramfootball
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 15658
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm

Re: The Let's all laugh at Spurs Thread

Postby jayramfootball » Yesterday 8:33 am

Phil71 wrote:Conte admitting tonight that he can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

“After three weeks I am starting to understand the situation.

At this moment the level at Tottenham is not so high.

I am happy to stay here but we have to work a lot to improve the quality of the squad.


In other words, give me loads of money to replace this lot or I'm off.

Good luck with that.


Players. Players. Players. Manager distant second in the equation.
jayramfootball
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 15658
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm

Re: The Let's all laugh at Spurs Thread

Postby Phil71 » Yesterday 8:57 am

Levy said only last week that the solution to Tottenham's problems is for the players to be coached properly. Now Conte is saying that the players aren't good enough.

Good times ahead.
User avatar
Phil71
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 9866
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: The Let's all laugh at Spurs Thread

Postby jayramfootball » Yesterday 10:14 am

Phil71 wrote:Levy said only last week that the solution to Tottenham's problems is for the players to be coached properly. Now Conte is saying that the players aren't good enough.

Good times ahead.



Conte is only saying what is obvious.
If he doesn't have the players, he can't do a great job.
His route to success is bringing in new players.
jayramfootball
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 15658
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm

Re: The Let's all laugh at Spurs Thread

Postby Phil71 » Yesterday 11:33 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Levy said only last week that the solution to Tottenham's problems is for the players to be coached properly. Now Conte is saying that the players aren't good enough.

Good times ahead.



Conte is only saying what is obvious.
If he doesn't have the players, he can't do a great job.
His route to success is bringing in new players.


Bringing in new players may be something Levy will entertain - but only if he can shift the existing lot out. Who wants a bunch of shit players that are on big wages? It's an issue we ourselves know too well as we're still trying to shift well-paid deadwood two years into Arteta's reign.

That's what makes us and spuds different from clubs like Man City and Chelsea. They will still buy players and just sell or loan the others out even if it's at a loss. We can't afford to do that.
User avatar
Phil71
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 9866
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: The Let's all laugh at Spurs Thread

Postby Reiss » Yesterday 11:45 am

They haven't rejuvenated that squad for years. Alli was worth £50m a few years ago, Dier was worth £40m a few years ago... that's when you cash in on players and invest that money to rebuild. Their squad has gone completely stale and they can't afford to undertake a squad overhaul now cause of the stadium & covid.

How many managers have tried to get the best out of Alli, for example? The guy is done at Spurs. He needs a fresh start somewhere else.
Reiss
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:56 am

Re: The Let's all laugh at Spurs Thread

Postby Phil71 » Yesterday 11:52 am

Reiss wrote:They haven't rejuvenated that squad for years. Alli was worth £50m a few years ago, Dier was worth £40m a few years ago... that's when you cash in on players and invest that money to rebuild. Their squad has gone completely stale and they can't afford to undertake a squad overhaul now cause of the stadium & covid.

How many managers have tried to get the best out of Alli, for example? The guy is done at Spurs. He needs a fresh start somewhere else.


Who's going to buy him? Who has money to throw away like that? Newcastle? But currently do they need players like him who go missing in games or give the ball away every 2 minutes?

He's on £100k a week and is contracted to the end of the 23/24 season.
User avatar
Phil71
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 9866
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: The Let's all laugh at Spurs Thread

Postby Reiss » Yesterday 12:01 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Reiss wrote:They haven't rejuvenated that squad for years. Alli was worth £50m a few years ago, Dier was worth £40m a few years ago... that's when you cash in on players and invest that money to rebuild. Their squad has gone completely stale and they can't afford to undertake a squad overhaul now cause of the stadium & covid.

How many managers have tried to get the best out of Alli, for example? The guy is done at Spurs. He needs a fresh start somewhere else.


Who's going to buy him? Who has money to throw away like that? Newcastle? But currently do they need players like him who go missing in games or give the ball away every 2 minutes?

He's on £100k a week and is contracted to the end of the 23/24 season.


Well that's the issue. He's performing so badly no-one wants him now.

And that's my point- they should have sold years ago. Now they're struggling to get rid.
Reiss
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:56 am

Re: The Let's all laugh at Spurs Thread

Postby Rockape » Yesterday 12:06 pm

Nice that they seem to be having the same problems that we have been through ad nauseaum.

Although £100k is significantly less than the £350k we were paying Ozil.
User avatar
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3658
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:29 am
Location: Puerto Pollensa in my mind

Re: The Let's all laugh at Spurs Thread

Postby DiamondGooner » Yesterday 1:18 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Conte admitting tonight that he can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

“After three weeks I am starting to understand the situation.

At this moment the level at Tottenham is not so high.

I am happy to stay here but we have to work a lot to improve the quality of the squad.


In other words, give me loads of money to replace this lot or I'm off.

Good luck with that.


Players. Players. Players. Manager distant second in the equation.


No, the progress here is you have a manager good enough to know what the problem is and demand it to be changed, hence to get a better outcome.

Medium managers like Nuno just put up with it because his profile isn't high enough to claim the likes of his squad are not good enough, Conte is.

You not understanding this shows a deficit in your fundamental knowledge of football, your urge for it to be "players vs manager" and one answer is right is your weakness, its obviously both otherwise how do you explain the Wenger or Fergusson years? Utd have had just as much money and talent since but have failed because the managers have not been good enough to get consistent performances, explain Klopp at Liverpool or Tuchel compared to Lampard with the same team.

Your conclusion is trash and easily debunked, the facts are there, clear as day.

Of course the players are important, but a manager picks the players, what Conte is saying is "The players your giving me are no good" something lesser managers wouldn't do.

I knew this would happen the day Conte signed, when I watched the Spurs documentary I could see just how bad their attitudes are at Spurs, I bet Mourhino hated it.

............ hopefully this means a car crash for Spurs as Conte will spend all his time telling these duds some home truth's and making them upset. :rofll:
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 27267
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest