English Premier League ~ 20/21 Season

All UK football including Champions League, Europa Cup, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also any transfer gossip and news.

Who will be the first champion of the roaring 20s?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:12 am

Arsenal
6
26%
Chelsea
0
No votes
Liverpool
3
13%
Manchester City
12
52%
Manchester United
0
No votes
Tottenham Hotspur
0
No votes
Other
2
9%
 
Total votes : 23

Re: English Premier League ~ 20/21 Season

Postby Santi » Sun May 02, 2021 7:52 pm

Should be forced to play it tomorrow, don’t see why they can’t.
Image
User avatar
Santi
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 39470
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am

Re: English Premier League ~ 20/21 Season

Postby Jimmy Skitz » Sun May 02, 2021 7:54 pm

Santi wrote:Should be forced to play it tomorrow, don’t see why they can’t.

TV schedule
User avatar
Jimmy Skitz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1094
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:57 pm

Re: English Premier League ~ 20/21 Season

Postby Ach » Sun May 02, 2021 7:59 pm

Santi wrote:Should be forced to play it tomorrow, don’t see why they can’t.

That's what I was thinking.

Man Utd have a game Thursday but we have played Monday and Thursday couple of times this season
Ach
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 21809
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: English Premier League ~ 20/21 Season

Postby Ach » Sun May 02, 2021 9:54 pm

How was fleck not sent off?
Ach
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 21809
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: English Premier League ~ 20/21 Season

Postby Ach » Sun May 02, 2021 9:58 pm

The same guy was on VAR for that fleck stamp and the balbuena kicking the ball.
Ach
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 21809
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: English Premier League ~ 20/21 Season

Postby Ach » Wed May 05, 2021 3:34 pm

Ach wrote:Apparently a shocking decision for the red

Haven't seen it but one of those where the ball is won and the follow through connects.

Never think those are red

Vestegaard red overturned

What's the point of VAR?
Ach
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 21809
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: English Premier League ~ 20/21 Season

Postby Goonerred » Wed May 05, 2021 3:41 pm

Ach wrote:
Ach wrote:Apparently a shocking decision for the red

Haven't seen it but one of those where the ball is won and the follow through connects.

Never think those are red

Vestegaard red overturned

What's the point of VAR?

A complete waste of time. VAR was supposed to correct clear and obvious errors, half the time I don't think the refs make a decision so that VAR will do it for them, so they are not correcting a decision, but making it. The rest of the time they are taking so long to decide if it should be a penalty or offside that it's ridiculous. If they are checking the ref's decision, which should be a clear and obvious error, ergo, it should take ten seconds to decide, longer than that with the geometry set out looking at every angle for 10 minutes, it can't be a clear and obvious error. I think there should be a minute to check, if they can't decide, go with the ref's decision - if he's actually made one.
Goonerred
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:26 pm

Re: English Premier League ~ 20/21 Season

Postby Angelito » Wed May 05, 2021 6:15 pm

Henry's preferred 6 into the HoF:

- Bergkamp
- Cantona
- Scholes
- Keane
- Vieira
- Lampard


Carra's 6 picks:

- Bergkamp
- Cantona
- Gerrard
- Keane
- Terry
- Schmeichel
Image
User avatar
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 29608
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 9:32 am
Location: The Overlook Hotel

Re: English Premier League ~ 20/21 Season

Postby jayramfootball » Wed May 05, 2021 6:34 pm

Angelito wrote:Henry's preferred 6 into the HoF:

- Bergkamp
- Cantona
- Scholes
- Keane
- Vieira
- Lampard


Carra's 6 picks:

- Bergkamp
- Cantona
- Gerrard
- Keane
- Terry
- Schmeichel


It's a definite NO for John Terry.
Tony Adams was far better. If we're going to have a defender in there, it's him.
jayramfootball
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 10992
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Re: English Premier League ~ 20/21 Season

Postby Angelito » Wed May 05, 2021 7:09 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Angelito wrote:Henry's preferred 6 into the HoF:

- Bergkamp
- Cantona
- Scholes
- Keane
- Vieira
- Lampard


Carra's 6 picks:

- Bergkamp
- Cantona
- Gerrard
- Keane
- Terry
- Schmeichel


It's a definite NO for John Terry.
Tony Adams was far better. If we're going to have a defender in there, it's him.


Yeah, agreed.

Bergkamp, Cantona, Keane, and Vieira are no-brainers.

Adams and Schmeichel should be the other two.
Image
User avatar
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 29608
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 9:32 am
Location: The Overlook Hotel

Re: English Premier League ~ 20/21 Season

Postby Santi » Wed May 05, 2021 7:56 pm

Goonerred wrote:
Ach wrote:
Ach wrote:Apparently a shocking decision for the red

Haven't seen it but one of those where the ball is won and the follow through connects.

Never think those are red

Vestegaard red overturned

What's the point of VAR?

A complete waste of time. VAR was supposed to correct clear and obvious errors, half the time I don't think the refs make a decision so that VAR will do it for them, so they are not correcting a decision, but making it. The rest of the time they are taking so long to decide if it should be a penalty or offside that it's ridiculous. If they are checking the ref's decision, which should be a clear and obvious error, ergo, it should take ten seconds to decide, longer than that with the geometry set out looking at every angle for 10 minutes, it can't be a clear and obvious error. I think there should be a minute to check, if they can't decide, go with the ref's decision - if he's actually made one.



This is the problem, it’s become a crutch for the refs to rely on rather than improving the accuracy of decisions. It’s going to make the actual referees even worse.
Image
User avatar
Santi
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 39470
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am

Re: English Premier League ~ 20/21 Season

Postby jayramfootball » Wed May 05, 2021 10:24 pm

Santi wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Ach wrote:
Ach wrote:Apparently a shocking decision for the red

Haven't seen it but one of those where the ball is won and the follow through connects.

Never think those are red

Vestegaard red overturned

What's the point of VAR?

A complete waste of time. VAR was supposed to correct clear and obvious errors, half the time I don't think the refs make a decision so that VAR will do it for them, so they are not correcting a decision, but making it. The rest of the time they are taking so long to decide if it should be a penalty or offside that it's ridiculous. If they are checking the ref's decision, which should be a clear and obvious error, ergo, it should take ten seconds to decide, longer than that with the geometry set out looking at every angle for 10 minutes, it can't be a clear and obvious error. I think there should be a minute to check, if they can't decide, go with the ref's decision - if he's actually made one.



This is the problem, it’s become a crutch for the refs to rely on rather than improving the accuracy of decisions. It’s going to make the actual referees even worse.


If VAR can get it wrong and have decisions overturned there is ZERO point to it.
Time to get rid of it - it's proven to be not 100% accurate, therefore utterly useless.
jayramfootball
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 10992
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Re: English Premier League ~ 20/21 Season

Postby starmandb » Wed May 05, 2021 10:30 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Santi wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Ach wrote:
Ach wrote:Apparently a shocking decision for the red

Haven't seen it but one of those where the ball is won and the follow through connects.

Never think those are red

Vestegaard red overturned

What's the point of VAR?

A complete waste of time. VAR was supposed to correct clear and obvious errors, half the time I don't think the refs make a decision so that VAR will do it for them, so they are not correcting a decision, but making it. The rest of the time they are taking so long to decide if it should be a penalty or offside that it's ridiculous. If they are checking the ref's decision, which should be a clear and obvious error, ergo, it should take ten seconds to decide, longer than that with the geometry set out looking at every angle for 10 minutes, it can't be a clear and obvious error. I think there should be a minute to check, if they can't decide, go with the ref's decision - if he's actually made one.



This is the problem, it’s become a crutch for the refs to rely on rather than improving the accuracy of decisions. It’s going to make the actual referees even worse.


If VAR can get it wrong and have decisions overturned there is ZERO point to it.
Time to get rid of it - it's proven to be not 100% accurate, therefore utterly useless.

The other thing I don’t understand
Is timekeeping
It is shocking the amount of times they fail to play anywhere near the correct time
People are being giving offside coz of a bollock
Yet time is a gift at the refs discretion
User avatar
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
 
Posts: 13256
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:55 am

Re: English Premier League ~ 20/21 Season

Postby jayramfootball » Wed May 05, 2021 10:34 pm

starmandb wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Santi wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Ach wrote:
Ach wrote:Apparently a shocking decision for the red

Haven't seen it but one of those where the ball is won and the follow through connects.

Never think those are red

Vestegaard red overturned

What's the point of VAR?

A complete waste of time. VAR was supposed to correct clear and obvious errors, half the time I don't think the refs make a decision so that VAR will do it for them, so they are not correcting a decision, but making it. The rest of the time they are taking so long to decide if it should be a penalty or offside that it's ridiculous. If they are checking the ref's decision, which should be a clear and obvious error, ergo, it should take ten seconds to decide, longer than that with the geometry set out looking at every angle for 10 minutes, it can't be a clear and obvious error. I think there should be a minute to check, if they can't decide, go with the ref's decision - if he's actually made one.



This is the problem, it’s become a crutch for the refs to rely on rather than improving the accuracy of decisions. It’s going to make the actual referees even worse.


If VAR can get it wrong and have decisions overturned there is ZERO point to it.
Time to get rid of it - it's proven to be not 100% accurate, therefore utterly useless.

The other thing I don’t understand
Is timekeeping
It is shocking the amount of times they fail to play anywhere near the correct time
People are being giving offside coz of a bollock
Yet time is a gift at the refs discretion


Ah, timekeeping - something else that seems to favour certain clubs consistently.
We'll never get rid of bias - which drives decisions (or something worse driving it).
We should however have transparency instead of the 'secret society we seem to have with refs.
jayramfootball
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 10992
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Re: English Premier League ~ 20/21 Season

Postby Jimmy Skitz » Wed May 05, 2021 10:35 pm

That’s on FIFA and IFAB they refuse to change from the running clock system it’d be so easy to stop the clock when the ball is dead
User avatar
Jimmy Skitz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1094
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:57 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jimmy Skitz and 2 guests