The Let's all laugh at Spurs Thread

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: The Let's all laugh at Spurs Thread

Postby knowledge93 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:59 am

EliteKiller wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Nuggets wrote:We won't be laughing when they finish above us again this season!!

What if they win F all and we win the FA Cup again like last season?

So what - they've got a double header against Real Madrid (hope they get seriously cuffed) we've got Bate Borisov .... I'm not laughing about that .....

I'd rather win the FA Cup than get a double header against Real Madrid
knowledge93
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:00 am

Same.

Ffs, this is the kind of mentality we laughed at AKB's for having. Imagine thinking that being thrashed by a big team in a tournament you have zero chance of winning is more fun than winning an actual trophy
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:04 am

Bit of a strange one there from EK
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:26 am

Not really .... the FA Cup's a great day out, however it is has become as meaningless as all the other domestic European trophies ... you either win your League or the CL in global terms not much else matters ....

If you think winning the FA Cup and no CL is better than CL that's a fair shout .... personally I don't ... been there seen it got the programme when it comes to FA cups ....

Of course getting embarrassed every year in the last sixteen is no feckin' fun either ... but you have to be in it to win it ... been throwin' that line at the Spuds for twenty years and now I'm getting it back in spades .....

To even claim to be a top European side you have to be in the CL ... don't kid yourself and think a domestic cup means otherwise ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:38 am

EliteKiller wrote:Not really .... the FA Cup's a great day out, however it is has become as meaningless as all the other domestic European trophies ... you either win your League or the CL in global terms not much else matters ....

If you think winning the FA Cup and no CL is better than CL that's a fair shout .... personally I don't ... been there seen it got the programme when it comes to FA cups ....

Of course getting embarrassed every year in the last sixteen is no feckin' fun either ... but you have to be in it to win it ... been throwin' that line at the Spuds for twenty years and now I'm getting it back in spades .....

To even claim to be a top European side you have to be in the CL ... don't kid yourself and think a domestic cup means otherwise ....

Exactly, man, we've been throwing out the line, but let's not forget that the Spuds haven't won a trophy in over a decade now either. Whatever they may say and no matter how much Wenger's holding us back, truth is, we have 3 trophies in the last 4 years (6, if you count Community Shields) and Spuds have a BIG FAT ZERO
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:15 am

Cripps wrote:Lol nah

Kane is the best in the country for sure

Aguero has hit his seasonal purple patch. Injury incoming

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.expr ... diente/amp
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:14 pm

Cripps wrote:
Cripps wrote:Lol nah

Kane is the best in the country for sure

Aguero has hit his seasonal purple patch. Injury incoming

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.expr ... diente/amp

Oh ffs
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Cripps » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:36 pm

And contrary to rumours I did not cause the accident just to prove me right
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:38 pm

Cripps wrote:And contrary to rumours I did not cause the accident just to prove me right

We haven't ascertained that yet, anything you say can and will be used against you :naughty:
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby matelot » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:25 am

Five players in the England squad one of them not even a regular in the first team.Why does the national team love the spuds so much?My answer is because they are loved so much by Talk Sport.On Monday Adrian Durham said Harry Winks should be in the England squad,next day he's in.Last year he slagged of Theo Walcott saying he shouldn't be in the squad despite his 19 goals,Walcott hasn't appeared since.Next up Oxlade Chamberlain struggled to get in the England squad regularly until he moved to another England luvvy Liverpool and despite being pony he's an automatic for the England squad..
matelot
Michael Thomas

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:28 am

Adrian Durham has always been biased against Arsenal. Even back to his time with the Daily Mail, he's been hating Arsenal
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Angelito » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:21 am

To be frank, and I'm sure members like Starman, Zedie, and PG can vouch for this, Arsenal have largely been a thorn in the eyes of FA, English media, and/or pundits.

We're the villain that arrived and rivaled ManU after Wenger joined, thereby, ending ManU's monopoly in the Premier League. We're the club that played with style and substance as was never seen before in English football.

Even if ManU won more titles than us, we were the international attraction of the Prem. Even after the move to Emirates, when everyone was busy predicting Arsenal to fall out of the top-4, we played some breathtaking football whilst hanging in there with the money boys. It wasn't until a decade later that the so called prediction of finishing out of the top-4 was realized and even then, we won a record FA Cup title.

We're always predicted to undergo a disastrous season like Chelsea, Liverpool, and ManU have over the years, yet, we always seem to even it out—even if it's mighty frustrating for the fans. 11/12 and last season are perfect examples.

The fact that we have rattled Prem winning manager, Conte, so much that he parked the bus at SB, which eventually resulted in a loss against City at home. Or, how Pep knows we're the only side that can play and still beat his side. Or, how Jose has been obsessed with a manager/club that has barely won as much as he has in the past decade, or how the media-declared Arsenal's worst run under Wenger is still resulting in more success than Spurs and Liverpool combined this decade..

We're miles away from where we were in 2006 when we reached the CL Final, but hey—listening to these critics, one'd presume that we were a top-10 side competing with the likes of West Brom, Southampton, etc.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby elkanofan » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:10 pm

Angelito wrote:To be frank, and I'm sure members like Starman, Zedie, and PG can vouch for this, Arsenal have largely been a thorn in the eyes of FA, English media, and/or pundits.

We're the villain that arrived and rivaled ManU after Wenger joined, thereby, ending ManU's monopoly in the Premier League. We're the club that played with style and substance as was never seen before in English football.

Even if ManU won more titles than us, we were the international attraction of the Prem. Even after the move to Emirates, when everyone was busy predicting Arsenal to fall out of the top-4, we played some breathtaking football whilst hanging in there with the money boys. It wasn't until a decade later that the so called prediction of finishing out of the top-4 was realized and even then, we won a record FA Cup title.

We're always predicted to undergo a disastrous season like Chelsea, Liverpool, and ManU have over the years, yet, we always seem to even it out—even if it's mighty frustrating for the fans. 11/12 and last season are perfect examples.

The fact that we have rattled Prem winning manager, Conte, so much that he parked the bus at SB, which eventually resulted in a loss against City at home. Or, how Pep knows we're the only side that can play and still beat his side. Or, how Jose has been obsessed with a manager/club that has barely won as much as he has in the past decade, or how the media-declared Arsenal's worst run under Wenger is still resulting in more success than Spurs and Liverpool combined this decade..

We're miles away from where we were in 2006 when we reached the CL Final, but hey—listening to these critics, one'd presume that we were a top-10 side competing with the likes of West Brom, Southampton, etc.

Very true. Which is why being a gooner is so frustrating these days.

We have everything to dominate this league and make huge waves in the Champions League but we sit back and take the easy way.

The English media do everything to destroy their own country's game for the sake of fame and money from each story they spin, as for the FA they can all go f**k themselves! Bunch of dirty, corrupt assholes again who only care about themselves and money.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:00 pm

GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:06 pm

5th.
Santi