Arsenal 3 - 0 Burnley

Arsenal 3 - 0 Burnley

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:00 pm

Some things in life are best served cold; ice cream, a corona with lime and revenge. Sweet, sweet revenge. Since today could cut the dangly bits off any size of polar bear not matter how big, bad or bearish he was it was only right that we shove it back to Burnley.

We lined up with Fabianski between the sticks, Gibbs on the left, Djourou, Gallas and Sagna on the right. In midfield we had Eboue, Song, Diaby and Arshavin. Up front we had young Vela and more importantly the second return of Eduardo (think Jesus only better).

The build up for the first 20 minutes or so was rather slow by Arsenal and Burnley had little spurts down the channels but rarely threatening. Bacary Sagna then almost bizarrely opened the scoring. It wasn’t just bizarre because it was Sagna or not just because it was a cross come shot but because the ball got into the box. Seriously the guys like a gay man in denial, he never gets his balls in the box no matter how much he wants to prove to his mates he can do it. Anyhow the shot/cross almost catches Jansen out but it ends up just floating behind for the goal kick.

After Sanga’s shot/cross Arsenal began to turn the screw and like a small child we started to find our feet. Another chance came our way when a header out from a corner caught Kieran Gibbs eye. Unfortunately for Gibbs, who had a superb game, he didn’t really catch it at all and his volley ended up rather wide.

William Gallas is like a fine wine, not that he would be really nice to swish down a nice leg of lamb but he just seems to have matured. Being that he’s 30 odds he really should be mature but this big geezer isn’t like other people. After the carry on with the captaincy Big Willy has come out with a huge change in attitude and out team is better for it. One point for me that stood out was when he lost the ball halfway in the Burnley half and chased back and made the decisive tackle to break the Burley move down. Basically it sums up the lack of character we were missing so desperately in the earlier parts of the season.

The deadlock was broken after Burley loose possession on the halfway line. The ball is picked up by the only Russian in London that matters (apart from the really hot bird that works in that Russian place on Ilfield Rd) who slides it into the path of Vela. Vela cheekily nuts Carlisle defender, leaving him to ponder why his mum bestowed him with such a terrible name, before chipping it over the Burnley keeper with such coolness that it made me terribly jealous of him. So to add to ice cream, a corona with lime and revenge another thing that is best served cold is Carlos Vela making a mockery of defences and humiliating keepers.

Vela had the change to double his tally, and the teams, after he brought down an inch perfect over the top ball from Alex Song before Carlisle realises how mad he is at his mums for his name and takes his anger out on Vela by not letting him score. Great passing from Song and a sweet touch by Vela which like the Millennium Dome looked good but never really amounted to anything.

We had two chances to dead the game before half time the first falling to Eduardo who had a chance to get his 3rd of the season but was denied by Caldwell. After a magical little turn and burst of pace the Burnley captain snuffed it out and the ball dribbled out for a corner…which came to nothing. The other fell the way of Eboue with Eduardo playing him in with a clever little back heel. It was a poor finish by Eboue and thus ended the first half.

The second goal came six minutes after the restart and remember what I said about Eduardo being better than Jesus? I was right my friends! Arshavin stopped the ball on the by line just as everyone thought it may sneak out for a little corner but no that little genius kept it in. He laid a simple ball of to Alexandre Song who floated a perfect ball in to Eduardo. The ball in was matched by the gloriousness of the finish. On the volley, outside of his left boot, keepers top right hand corner. Jesus, stick a fork in yourself mate - your done. Top drawer finishing by Eduardo. Some things in life that are best served cold…except Eduardo finishes which turn the heat up so much he is damaging the o-zone layer, melting polar ice caps and making me all warm and fuzzy inside.

I must give a mention to the quality of passing from Alex Song today who was my MOTM. He controlled the midfield and sprayed the ball around like a dog marking his territory, he cut up countless attacks and just strolled through the game today.

Vela was then replaced by The Pers and Burnley then remembered they were here to play a game and not to admire the quality of Alex Song’s barnet. The got in some really good positions but like electricity during miner strikes they were cut out.

Diaby and Eduardo were replaced by Ramsey and a returning Theo Walcott. Walcott got into the pace of the game rather easily and with one of his trademark bursts of pace he found himself in the box with the chance to shoot. It possibly came a bit too soon for him, he shot low and hard but the mental ward escapee that is masquerading as the Burnley keeper saved it with his important parts. Weirdo.

Theo then got himself involved again when his pace, which we missed terribly, takes him inside the box. He hung the ball up for Van Persie who couldn’t connect with a volley.

We then had a goal wrongly disallowed after Arshavin played in a perfectly timed and weighted ball to Walcott. The linesman raised his flag despite Walcott being at least 3 yards onside. Not to worry the third was coming.

And it came from Eboue. Gallas threaded a through ball to Song who back heeled the ball for Eboue. Two touches and the ball was in the back on the net. Game, set and 5th round. Total Arsenal goals scored all round today and a great performane which will hopefully inspire confidence for our game in Rome.

So it’s on to the quarters against Hull, the semi’s against the other Russians that don’t count and a final where we rape the mancs or the blue theifs and bring the most famous domestic cup in history home.
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Re: Arsenal 3 - 0 Burnley

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:01 pm

Great reports ADS, keep up the good work.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Git » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:07 pm

Great report mate.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby left right left » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:20 pm

good report dog
you mess and you get the knocked the f**k out baby!!!!!!
left right left
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby niko197 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:30 pm

amazing report buddy, you should really do that for money!
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:37 pm

niko197 wrote:amazing report buddy, you should really do that for money!

Show me the money!!!
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby Sveve_o » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:43 pm

love the report ADS
Sveve_o
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby niko197 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:26 pm

Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:
niko197 wrote:amazing report buddy, you should really do that for money!

Show me the money!!!

i'm looking for the exchange office...
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:38 pm

Good stuff :thumbsup:
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ozgooner » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:39 pm

great report ADS , all FA cup games here in oz are on setanta (which i dont have) . got up this mornin and put the telly on and flicked straight to fox sports news to at least see the goals . vela's goal was top shelf , then eduardo's . f**k me , what a finish !!! great to see eboue get on the scoresheet too .

a big thankyou to all our match reporters for all of their efforts . well written and an invaluable source for those of us who cannot see the game on telly or just miss it for some reason .

"I started clapping myself , until i realised i was Sunderlands manager" - Peter Reid admires a Dennis Bergkamp finish
ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby TheSKAGooner » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:57 am

Top shelf, ADS. Well done.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
TheSKAGooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby drama » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:55 am