Arsenal 4-0 Cardiff

Arsenal 4-0 Cardiff

Postby SE13 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:08 pm

Well, what can I say? It's simply a case of "Eduardo is back"

After a much awaited replay, originally postponed by the weather, Cardiff came back to London a couple of weeks too late. Eduardo was back, and how!

The very thing all Arsenal fans wanted to see was Eduardo in the starting line-up, and Wenger delivered. Maybe next week he can serve up Walcott and Rosicky, or better still a Cesc who says he is almost ready....

Still, let's think about Cardiff. In reality, we were lucky to get the replay so awful were we there. At Ashburton Grove a team resembling the Arsenal we know and love turned out. Buoyed by the return of Eduardo, The Gunners utterly steamrolled Cardiff.

We dominated the game, and it was a question of time before the scoresheet was notched. A nice bit of build-up, ultimately involving Eduardo saw a deft touch for Vela to swing over the perfect cross, and Eduardo was on the end of it. I don't mind admitting to tears as I saw the ball nestle into the back of the net. One of the finest moments of the many years I have supported the Mighty Reds.

Arsenal were rampant, and again it was a question of time before the score-keeper would have work to do, a fine corner saw Bendtner nod in another, although one or two could have put the final touch to the goal.

2-0 at half time, and to be fair, Arsenal were in complete charge.

Eduardo was felled in the box, then stepped up to take a penalty making it three. It's largely unusual that this would happen, but who cares, Eduardo was on the scoresheet again! He's back, and we love it!

The fourth goal came via Robin Van Persie, just a glorious pass, a glorious finish.

Is it too soon to say Arsenal are back.....

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Re: Arsenal 4-0 Cardiff

Postby StLGooner » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:11 pm

Nice work SE!!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:26 pm

Sums it up really, complete spanking!

I watched the highlights again this morning and in all the excitement I'd forgotten that Bendtner shaved the post with his header in the first few minutes.
Plus there was that great move a few minutes later when someone cleared from a Cardiff corner and Bendy headed the ball down to his right for Eduardo who spotted Vela racing away on the left side of the pitch and delivered a perfect long range pass to set Vela on his way towards goal.
Vela smacked it into the keeper and Bendtner went for the rebound but it was saved.
Gallas almost scored a few seconds after that, the chances just didn't stop!
The 'keeper was on amazing form though because that was a special save from point blank range.
Eddie also attempted to score from his own half when he spotted the 'keeper off his line - not short of confidence!

Bischoff had the balls to have a pop as well and nearly scored when his shot rolled wide.
Great attacking move in the last few seconds aswell when Nasri put Bendtner through on the left and he hung the ball up at the far post for RVP who headed on to the outside of the post. :doh:
Could've been five!
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby TheGeneral » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:36 pm

Nice write up SE, hopefully everyone takes the time to read it.

Couldn't have described Eduardo's first any better - extremely moving.
TheGeneral
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby gzagee » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:26 pm

As usual SE, your Fosters sponsored write-up is on the money.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Git » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:31 pm

Nicely done mate. =]
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:08 am

Nice report Chris. :)
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby ayN » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:51 pm

Nice work SE13.
Wenger please go away
ayN
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Cheese » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:58 pm

Great report, and summed up perfectly.

I was in my local bar in Spain watching this game and there were a few Welsh people although not Cardiff fans - boyo did i give it 'em when Eduardo hit the back of the net.
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Reverend Gooner » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:30 pm

Nice one mate, my favourite match of the season :)
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Match Reports 08/09