Arsenal 1 - 1 Thieving Bastards

Arsenal 1 - 1 Thieving Bastards

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:50 pm

Before starting on more pressing matters of todays match report I just wanna highlight the Be a Gooner, Be a Giver campaign. As most of you know the players and management staff donated todays pay to the Teenage Cancer Trust. You can give what you can by going to http://www.beagoonerbeagiver.org

In a season of weirdness it was no surprise that most fans went into last weeks game with an element of doubt and this week with an air of confidence. This season we have been badly under performing against lesser team we’ve been expected to turn over and raising our game against the other three of ‘The Big Four’.

We lined up with Almunia, Sanga, Djourou, Gallas, Clichy, Denilson, Fabregas, Song, Nasri, Adebayor and Van Persie. As per we don’t give a toss about the other mob.

Like the games against Chelski and Manure we had another rather nervy start to the game. Bit like when those shepherds first saw that bright star in the sky and followed it all them years ago. The first chance fell to The Northern Thieving Bastards (TNTB). Ex-yiddo Keane picked up a long ball (shock horror from the scouse eh?) and was played on by Clichy. Keane laid a pass back to Gerrard who then passed it back to Almunia. Cheers twats!

After the nerves had settled we got into the flow of things and Adebayor had our best chance with a glancing header. Unfortunately the angle was against him and it was easy pickings for Reindeer. Ade was looking rather tidy and took on three men before nutting one of them and eventually winning us a corner. From the resulting corner Djourou almost got the opener at the right end this time.

Robbie ‘dirty yiddo’ should have been yellow carded for his tackle on Clichy. His trailing leg caught Gael who thankfully returned to the pitch but didn’t really look 100%.

Sammy Nasri then played a pin point ball to Van Persie who controlled it almost as good as me at 5’s the other week. As he controlled it in the air he dragged it away from the filthy beggar defender and blasted it past Reindeer with his weaker foot, as he did against Chelski. 1-0 Easy.

After cruising it like Santa going round the world in a day we got caught out by another dirty typical scouse long ball over the top. *** c*** took it well and gave Almunia no chance, great finish (yes I just vomited in my mouth as I said that). Worryingly though, our centre halves were all over the place and were beaten countless times by long balls over the top. It only solidifies cries to shore up the defence and get a world class stopper in who doesn’t spit the dummy when things don’t go his way.

After their goal TNTB had their confidence up and looked like taking another one before half time. I begged for half time to come sooner when they almost took the lead through Gerrard.

Cesc, who had grabbed this game by the balls and was putting in a true captains shift was then forced to limp off at the interval after a collision with Xabi Alonso. Word filtered round The Grove that he wasn’t gonna be back for the second half. This was confirmed when Abu Dhabi game out to warm up.

Fabregas’ presence was missed especially in the first ten minutes of the second half when the scousers took control.

Adebayor was the ridiculously sent off for a second book able offence. Clearly the ref and his two helpers were not three wise men and ruined what was a perfectly good game. The first tackle was never ever a foul never mind a card and the second falls into the same category. Webb basically did his best to hand the game to the scouse.

Denilson almost f***ked up his plans by making a great run down the right. With only The Pers in support he took on the shot and hit it wide.

For me Howard Webb ruined this game. His inconsistency, his blatant unwillingness to give us anything and all round wankery cost us any chance of winning. He ended up card happy and f***ked up everything.

The red saw us produce some spirit we’ve been lacking so much in this season. We dug in deep and kept attacking the scouse. The scouse had not only parked a bus in front of the goal but a block of high rises, a security fence that rivals only that of the West Bank and Gaza Strip and planet a few land mines for good measure.

There was plenty of pressure in the second half which unfortunately came to nothing since we were robbed of a man.

Eboue made his first appearance at the Emirates since the booing fiasco and came on to a nice reception. The only boos today were reserved for Webb. In the end it was a good point for us but such a shame the game got spoiled by the man in the middle.
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Re: Arsenal 1 - 1 Thieving Bastards

Postby Gooner Girl » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:55 pm

Good report Alex. I was encouraged to see that we actually played with some spirit once we went down to 10 men... Now why can't we dig in deep like that when playing with 11?
Gooner Girl
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby singaporegooner » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:21 am

I reiterate what i said in the other thread.
We always get f**ked by refs when we play liverpoo.
Nice report ADS.
In Arsene We Trust!!
Predicitions League 08/09 Winner
singaporegooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby gzagee » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:02 pm

As always, a triffic report ADS. Still don't know where you get the gumption to write such witty stuff every week.
I'm on holiday from TWTWTW til next year.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Reverend Gooner » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:04 pm

Great report, poor ref.

I was happy with 1-1 considering we were down to 10 men and as much as i saw being outplayed by Liverpool.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby rvtheace » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:13 pm

I couldn't watch the match, but this great report made up for it. Thanks maan!
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby SE13 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:40 pm

Great work as always ADS.

Like the way you avoided calling them TBD........ :hiding:

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Return to Match Reports 08/09