Arsenal 3 - 0 Wigan

Arsenal 3 - 0 Wigan

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:49 pm

The big boys did the business at the weekend against some no marks from up north so this time it was the turn of the baby Gooners to produce something against a stiffer opposition. The average age of the line up I believe was 19 and no kids had created such a stir since The Osmonds, Michael Jackson and the geezer who sung the song from ‘The Snowman’. Fortunately our kids were famous for actually doing something good and worthwhile. MJ ruined things with his crap.

We lined up with Lukasz ‘Skywalker’ Fabianski in goals with Djourou and Alex Song the central defensive pairing for the night and alongside them was Gibbs on the left with Gav Hoyte on the right. The midfield lined up a little something like this, Wilshere the boy wonder, Merida the other lad we nicked from Barca, Ramsey the Welsh Dragon and Randall the erm guy who needs a nickname. Up front we had Carlos Vela and Big Jay Simpson.

It was a tasty little encounter a bit like a cheesy chip after a night out but more satisfying and delightful. From the word go…or the ref’s whistle it was attack, attack, attack.

We had two great chances in the one move when Vela used his pace, which he has by the shit load! He then latched onto a pass, tried to take it round the keeper but was a bit too fancy and Kirkland saved it. The save ended up at Vela’s feet again and teed up Jay Simpson who took one touch and smashed it. Unfortunately it bounced off the bar.

Great flowing football was being played live, as usual, at The Grove. The baby Gooners have style!

Wigan had some good chances come their way as well with Lukasz Skywalker making a few good saves, minus his flap at the corner obviously.

Our next chance came when Wilshere danced round the full Wigan team, their bench, backroom staff and their fans and won us a free kick. The free kick was to be taken by Ramsey and after his glory goal in Turkey a little bit of expectancy crept into the air…well mines anyhow I told me brother I thought he’d rattle it in. And rattle it in he almost did, his thunderous shot was matched by a tremendous save by Kirkland who was keeping Wigan in the game.

On the subject of Kirkland remember when he was the next best thing? Remember when his Grandad won a few £k after he played for England? Well now remember Wallace and Gromit? Doesn’t Chris look like Wallace with a wig on?

Wigan’s attacks were mainly coming via The Riddler. After seeing this jokers excuse for a beard I’m convinced he is a bird but still (s)he played not too badly.

Just before half time the baby Gooners broke the dead lock. Jack Wilshere picked the ball up just outside the centre circle and delivered a pin point pass to the feet of Jay Simpson. Big Jay kept his composure and his cool, using his pace he squeezed Mario Melchiot out the way and poked the ball past the Wigan ‘keeper into the back of the net. Wondrous.

Onto the second half and a fairly quiet opening until Wigan should have got a penalty. The ref said no much to the relief of the fans and most of all Djourou.

Both Merida and Gibbs had great opportunities to put the game to bed. Merida’s finely struck ball was stopped by Kirkland. Ramsey pulled out his f**k Robinho book and treated us all to some silky step overs before passing out left to Gibbs. Gibbs smashed the ball which was once again saved by Hairy Gromit or Wallace. Great efforts.

With the two up front playing so well more goals were only a matter of time away and then it came with some fantastic work by Vela and Ramsey. Vela’s pace left his marker for dead. Literally dead, funerals Tuesday week. Anyhow Vela pulled it back and left Simpson with a chance he couldn’t miss. He didn’t miss and we went 2-0 up. Oh that defender didn’t actually die - that’s a disclaimer incase I get sued.

Like buses goals come in two’s sometimes and number three came 4 minutes after Simpson’s brace. Djourou placed a perfectly weighted pass into the feet of El Huracán who then cheekily lofted the ball over the on coming defender and Hairy Wallace. Like a Fox’s biscuit it was a classic! Technically brilliant, great composure, excellent reading of the game and pace for days - give the lad a few starts Arsene!

With 15 minutes left Simpson and Wilshere left the field of play both contenders for MOTM to be replaced by Lansbury and Bischoff.

After his first goal Vela was grinning like a Cheshire cat after a shag with a big dirty spliff in his mouth. He almost got a second after a nice over head ball came in but his touch let him down. El Fantástico then had to go off after calling to the bench he couldn’t continue, let’s be hoping it’s nothing too serious. As we was trotting off a Mexican wave was being sent round The Grove giving the kid the reception he deserved.

With the game all but over Lukasz Skywalker, who was solid all night, decided he was bored and pulled off a stunning double save for the sake of it. The initial shot from De Ridder was palmed away and fell into the path of Amr Zaki. Zaki who is supposed to be beating away offers from Real Madrid and Liverpool took his shot but Young Lukasz thought ‘naaaah mate’. Fabianski stopped the shot and pushed the ball away, it smacked off the bar which I think just added to the fab effects of the fab save from The Fab. Fabulous.

Game over, great performance by the kids. A Championship team and now a premiership team has now folded to the total football out kids play, world domination is next! And as a certain Mr Feargal Sharkey once said ‘Teenage kicks so hard to beat…’ Wigan found that out tonight.
Last edited by Andreys_Does_Simples on Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Re: Arsenal 3 - 0 Wigan

Postby ozgooner » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:07 am

thanks for the game report ADS !!! great help to those of us who didn't get to watch the game ;) and you managed to reference feargal sharkey too !!! :rofll: classic !!! :hail:

"I started clapping myself , until i realised i was Sunderlands manager" - Peter Reid admires a Dennis Bergkamp finish
ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gzagee » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:20 am

Top report from our top reporter. You're like the Harry Harris, the Martin Lipton, Martin Samuel and Henry Winter of match reporting. :clap:
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:22 am

If I couldn't fit Mr Sharkey in it somewhere I'd have doubted my existance!

And GZA to be fair I'd rather be a geez on SSN so I could get tore into the SSN birds :sneaky2:
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby gzagee » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:25 am

Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:If I couldn't fit Mr Sharkey in it somewhere I'd have doubted my existance!

And GZA to be fair I'd rather be a geez on SSN so I could get tore into the SSN birds :sneaky2:

I hear that!

I could go on...
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:31 am

Hole in one I thinks :sneaky2:
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby SE13 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:12 am

Another terrific report! Nice one A_D_S :)

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby damo1583 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:03 am

HMMMM Georgie Thompson.............. Tooooo early for comment lol but perfect bird springs to mind lol
Who you tryin' to get crazy with ese? Don't you know i'm LOCO?
damo1583
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ThierryHenryJunior » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:20 pm

Vela's Goal And Fabianski's Double Save Were Immense
As well As The Performance In General

www.Bebo.Com/JDMFourteen
ThierryHenryJunior
Michael Thomas

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:34 pm