Arsenal 4-4 Tottenham

Arsenal 4-4 Tottenham

Postby SE13 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:55 am

Another high scoring game with our near neighbours, and how this wasn't a win beggars belief. 4-2 up, 89 minutes on the clock, three points in the bag, and suddenly Arsenal switch off.

Spuds had just sacked manager Ramos, and installed Harry Redknapp at the helm. Although rock bottom of the table, Redknapps presence had produced a win against Bolton a couple of days previous, surely he couldn't inspire them to any sort of result at Ashburton Grove?

Middlesex started brightly enough, and after only eleven minutes, former Gunner David Bentley struck a half volley from distance that somehow floated over the despairing hand of Manuel Almunia, and suddenly The Scum had the most unlikely of leads.

Arsenal responded, and after several knocks on the door, Mikael Silvestre opened his Arsenal account with a headed goal just before the break. The Gunners were now well and truly making a game of it, creating numerous chances, but went into the break at a goal apiece.

Wengers half time talk paid immediate dividends as Van Persies free kick was met and Gallas headed Arsenals second barely a minute into the second half, 2-1 up and seemingly cruising. Arsenal were rampant and always looking to extend the lead. Extend it they did as the game had a bit of a goal flurry. Robin Van Persie had a third assist as he lofted the ball to Samir Nasri, who in turn lobbed Gomes and Adebayor raced through to touch the ball home ahead of the chasing defender. Middlesex should have been down and out, but responded two minutes later when a speculative shot was fumbled by Almunia, and Bent pounced. Within seconds of the restart, normal order was resumed as Van Persie hammered home. RVP had now had a hand in all four goals.

So, 4-2 up, the game petering out, fans vacating their seats by the thousand, and barely a minute on the clock. Jenas fired home in what was surely just a last minute consolation. Four minutes of injury time were flashed up by the linesman, and with that, Arsenal completely switched off. Modric fired in another speculative effort, which rebounded back off the post allowing Lennon an easy tap in. Arsenal were distraught, the fans could have cried. Middlesex had snatched a point from the jaws of defeat, and celebrated as though they had won the European Cup!

Two home points dropped, but surely with Stoke next up, Arsenal could respond positively?

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Re: Arsenal 4-4 Tottenham

Postby gzagee » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:59 pm

I like the way you write, man. Concise and to the point.
Love the way you chose to write their name in as many ways as you possibly could :lol:
Another great read.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Re: Arsenal 4-4 Tottenham

Postby Nathalispur » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:13 pm

Man City who????? lol no more bottom of the table
old time *** ID RATHER HAVE A BOTTLE IN FRONT OF ME THAN HAVE A FRONTAL LOBOTOMY
Nathalispur
Michael Thomas

Return to Match Reports 08/09