West Ham 0-2 Arsenal

West Ham 0-2 Arsenal

Postby SE13 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:38 pm

Three points for The Gunners, but wow! The officials might have well not bothered turning up, and I'll start with the blatant hand ball from Rob Green half a mile outside the box. West Ham ought to have been down to ten men long before I even opened my eyes.

Luckily today, the woeful referring didn't cost any points, but for goodness sake this is a prime example as to why video refs are needed, and your general official is garbage....

Arsenal were never in any danger of losing this game, but they didn't half make it difficult for themselves. A first half full of misplaced passes, and threading silly passes to nowhere made for annoyance from the Arsenal fraternity.

Usual thing, dominate, yet fail to produce, and something that perhaps needs addressing, chances MUST be converted.

Arsenal should have been a cricket score ahead before the ineptness of the officials failing to spot Rob Green handle the ball some wickets length from the edge of his area. I'll harp on about it, but it makes little difference today. Normally the referees seem to conspire against us!

Still, we keep going, Arsenal do that. We aren't interested in how others win or lose games because of basic blunders from officials.....

Arsenal created chances throughout, and finally the breakthrough happened. Despite countless chances going to waste, shots and free kicks hitting the post. Les Reds finally got off the mark with Ade coming off the bench and giving Wenger a bit of a headache Ade took the ball, fired across the keeper, 1-0 Arsenal. The ball did take a deflection on the way, but as Lady Luck hadn't been shining on Arsenal up until that point, it was high time she smiled!

One up, and surely a question of time before the lead is doubled.... Nah, the Arsenal way is to put the supporters to the sword! Arsenal to their credit, were searching for another goal, and pressing hard. The killer goal came late on, just into injury time via Emanual Adebayor, who would have been keen to regain his starting place.

The Hammers finished with ten men on the pitch after Cole went through the back of Song, effectively killing any chance of a consolation.

Three points gained, and three points closer to C$KA Fulham who lost at home for the first time since we beat them back in 2004. Is the title race open? You'd better believe it is, and Arsenal are right up there in the mix.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Re: West Ham 0-2 Arsenal

Postby left right left » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:50 pm

good 3 points, but westham wasnt up 2 much!!!!, some good work from our midfield,

bring on w-day
you mess and you get the knocked the f**k out baby!!!!!!
left right left
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gzagee » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:05 am

Nice succinct report SE.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby rvtheace » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:25 am

Impressive away win! A bit unlucky in front of goal, but hey, we got through in the end.
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:57 pm

Good stuff mate, couldn't beleive my eyes with that Rob Green incident. Mental!
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby singaporegooner » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:33 am

Good stuff dude...
Hope we get cricket scores against the Spuds...
In Arsene We Trust!!
Predicitions League 08/09 Winner
singaporegooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Return to Match Reports 08/09