Postby gouldinho » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:55 pm

The win was Cesc Fabregas inspired :arse flag.gif:
IT WAS CESC FABREGAS INSPIRED
gouldinho
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City | Premiership 04/04/09

Postby Yorkyblue » Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:46 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:pocket..........back.............city............were..........love it.

I'd be very embarrassed if I were a team and that wasn't the situation when hosting City.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby liam_cork » Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:57 pm

just saw it, good game. bedtner again in the last ten mins was funny. anyone know if rvp will be fit for during the week??
arsene knows
liam_cork
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Git » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:19 pm

liam_cork wrote:just saw it, good game. bedtner again in the last ten mins was funny. anyone know if rvp will be fit for during the week??

Wenger said it was a slight possibility, I believe. So don't pin too much hope on it.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby StLGooner » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:21 pm

I thought it was a good game. It was really good to see Cesc enjoying himself again. I thought he was a bit rusty at first, but then started to find his form and ended up having a good day. Ade played well, hope he keeps that up. Nicely placed header, and great touch on the second goal. Like said already Song was great, I'm loving him in the CDM role now.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SE13 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:43 pm

Via E-Mail, Arsene Wenger wrote:Dear Supporter,

We had a strongly balanced performance on Saturday, offensively and defensively, against a good Manchester City side.

In the second half we completely took over and maybe should have scored more goals. Overall I am pleased because there is a lightness back in the team and the way we play. Everybody looks to enjoy themselves and play without the handbrake or any restriction. That is good to see.

Cesc Fabregas returned from injury and he had Denilson and Song behind him who did a good defensive job for him. That meant he could dedicate more of his energy to the offensive task. Cesc likes to come deep and play the long balls. At the moment he is still in the phase where he gets to know all the aspects of the game – in defence and attack – so I use him a little bit to adjust the balance of the team. On Saturday I felt I had the choice to put Arshavin in behind Adebayor but then I had to move one of the central midfielders wide. I just felt it was more balanced like that.

We are in a good position now, six points ahead of Aston Villa, and that wasn’t obvious three weeks ago. We want the biggest possible distance from Villa because we still have a difficult schedule; we play Liverpool, Man United and Chelsea. Three weeks ago we would have signed to be in this position.

We are not in the title race but I believe if we had just won two more games where we have drawn we could have been right up there. But maybe the other teams could say that as well. We have played 31 games and we are unbeaten in 17 but that means that in the first 14 we have lost five. To win the championship after losing five in the first 14 cannot work.

It shows what I said since the start of the season; when a team is young like that, they can improve. They have shown that now, we go from strength to strength, and we’re not the same team that we were in August or September – that is normal. I always said I believe in them because they have mental strength, hunger and they work very hard in training. They still have room for improvement.

Now we will go into Tuesday's Champions League game in a good state of mind. You know as well that you must perform on the day which demands focus, belief and a high level of commitment - that is what we want. Of course if you go in without belief or confidence it is much more difficult. We know that to go to Spain you always need to be at your best to come back with a strong result.

But I believe in the quality of our side and the best way to show that is to do well in all three competitions. The first sign of quality is consistency and that’s why I am very happy that we have such a consistent run in the Premier League. You want to repeat the performance every three days and that’s the challenge we face now until the end of the season.

Thanks for your support.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09