Newcastle Vs Arsenal | Premiership 21/03/09

Re: Newcastle Vs Arsenal | Premiership 21/03/09

Postby Git » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:29 pm

SE13 wrote:What a day I have missed. 3-1 Arsenal, ManUre losing along with C$KA Fulham, plus the bonus of Vanilla and Liverpoo playing each other tomorrow.

I can barely wait for MOTD tonight!

Likewise mate!
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby gzagee » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:47 pm

I want the scouse to rinse Villa tomorrow. Opens some proper daylight between us and them.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby gzagee » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:48 pm

SE13 wrote:What a day I have missed. 3-1 Arsenal, ManUre losing along with C$KA Fulham, plus the bonus of Vanilla and Liverpoo playing each other tomorrow.

I can barely wait for MOTD tonight!

And Portsmouth did us a favour beating Everton too. :arse flag.gif:
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby HorseMachine » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:11 am

HorseMachine wrote:3 - 1

postive thinking!

I was out the whole day after posting this, so i couldnt enter the score predictions. Though I did win £40 from a £2 bet on betfair, i'm doing pretty well with the whole prediction thing =]

Anyone have the highlights? Just got home!
HorseMachine
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Git » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:13 am

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/2248306/

Only 40 seconds...but better than nothing.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Gunflash » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:17 am

I thought we were going to end up with a draw when we let "Noo-castle" equalise straight away but we kept our heads, created a lot of chances and deserved to win. It was good for Bendtner that he scored because he looked on course to get a lot of stick. Anyway, three more points, unbeaten in the league in four months and the only unbeaten team in the league in 2009. It's a shame we couldn't have been so resilient back in the early months of the season.
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby arseman » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:16 pm

I'm watching the highlights, that truly was a disgraceful elbow by Taylor on Arshavin, nothing accidental about that , he meant it. But then you don't just mess with players like Arshavin, some time later, he ran through the toon defence, showing his contempt for all of them, before grazing the top of the bar with a piledriver. In the second half, he was trying to get past the defence, I think it was Taylor again who tackeld him and dispossessed him, but he wouldn't lost the ball so easily, he ran back, won the ball back with a crunching tackle, and that started the move that led to our second goal.

I f***king love him!!! :hail:
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby jgaugust » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:51 pm

I watched the highlights as I was at work during the game yesterday. Absolutely disgraceful play by Taylor on Shava. He looked back at Arshavin twice to figure out how close he was and as soon as the ball dropped, leveled his arm straight into his face. Should have been a straight red, unquestioned.

Still, very pleased with the 3 points. Getting some of our non-traditional scorers on the books was a good thing I feel. Bendtner, Diaby, and Nasri all collecting a goal I think will help us in the next few games. We have seven guaranteed, and a potential for eight, games next month and we need all the players we can get to help us out in order to stay fresh in all three competitions.

Looked like aside from the Martins goal, we really did well in the second half of the game, just as we have done against Blackburn and Hull in the last two. Should be a fun rest of the season.

Oh, on a somewhat related note, Arshavin is absolutely worth every penny we pay him. That whole transfer saga was completely worth it in my opinion. In only a few short weeks, he has become, in my opinion, one of the best players in the entire league. He hasn't played against some of the best sides yet, admittedly, but he has taken it to every lower tier Premiership club we've gone up against and wrecked them every time. Love his work ethic and I can't wait to see what he does with a creative Cesc/Rosicky and fully healthy Eduardo/RVP/Ade/Vela/Bendtner strike force. My what a collection of players we have up front...
jgaugust
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby GunnGunn » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:09 pm

Anyone else find the fact that MoTD showed our game 3rd from last a bit disgraceful?

Its been going on for months now...
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby liam_cork » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:31 pm

yeah that pissed me off i was waiting for motd (irish version) and they put a crap chelski game on an show less than 5mins of our game
arsene knows
liam_cork
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby SE13 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:15 pm

Via E-Mail, Arsene Wenger wrote:Dear Supporter,

I think it was a very good football game on Saturday. Newcastle had a very good first half and put us under pressure and could have been in front, of course, with the penalty. They had two or three other good chances as well.

In the second half we kept the tempo high, slowly took over and then won the game in a convincing way. I must say as well Newcastle were unfortunate to lose players, like Sebastien Bassong and Steven Taylor, at the wrong period of the game.

Manuel Almunia's penalty save in the first half was very important. I felt, though, that when the penalty was given, our shoot-out win in Rome would help him; it made him feel strong on penalties. Of course it is a bit of a toss-up, but I think some part of a penalty is psychological. On that front, the fact he helped us to win in Rome gave him the needed confidence.

With Chelsea and Manchester United losing it was a good opportunity for us to close in on those at the top. You never know, even in a one in a billion chance, we want to come back and fight to get as close to the team at the top.

We are unbeaten in 16 games in the Premier League and I feel we are improving in every game. This is a young side and the spirit is great, the quality is there and we feel we can go forward from game to game. People don't realise how young we are in the Premier League, and what we achieve. I think today you had six or seven players between 20 and 22 years of age.

We are now ahead of Aston Villa in fourth place but the only thing that has changed from two weeks ago is that it is in our hands now. We do not have to focus too much on the results of Villa.

That shows you, if you drop a little bit, you are quickly caught. We could have been eight points behind Aston Villa two weeks ago, so we want to keep our focus, and our performances at a high level.

Thanks for your support.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09