Roma Vs Arsenal | Champions League 11/03/09

Re: Roma Vs Arsenal | Champions League 11/03/09

Postby HorseMachine » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:40 am

I understand how these places have their own cultures and such. But from my experience Italians are rude assholes, and they teach their children to be the same. I went skiing there earlier this year, and the parents were encouraging children to push infront of people. it really peeved me...

anyway, i think UEFA should revoke the final's location unless ROMA make a big sign that they deal with these Ultras.
HorseMachine
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby gouldinho » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:43 am

Cant people not distinguish between an ultra and a hooligan. Its ignorance beyond belief saying it was the ultras that did it. It was hooligans not f-ing ultras. There is a difference :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:
IT WAS CESC FABREGAS INSPIRED
gouldinho
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby EJ_Styles » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:50 am

That's like saying it was hooligans that used to be the cause of the violence associated with Cardiff fans and not the Soul Crew.

Any collective of fans that a team have will be blamed for whatever trouble happens.
EJ_Styles
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby UFGN » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:59 am

That penalty that Almunia saved was quite possibly the worst on-target penalty ever taken in the history of football.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby gouldinho » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:59 am

Yeah but the soul crew is an actual hooligan group. An ultra group is like a supporters club that wanna create noise and colour. Some of them are hooligans. But thats just like saying if some Arsenal fans attacked a bus and happened to be members of the supporters club that the Arsenal supporters club attacked a bus.
IT WAS CESC FABREGAS INSPIRED
gouldinho
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Younggooner08 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:21 am

Up For Grabs Now wrote:That penalty that Almunia saved was quite possibly the worst on-target penalty ever taken in the history of football.

LOL that is probably true, Almunia could have dived left then right then got back up and still saved it
Imagee
Younggooner08
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Mazinho17 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:41 am

Younggooner08 wrote:
Up For Grabs Now wrote:That penalty that Almunia saved was quite possibly the worst on-target penalty ever taken in the history of football.

LOL that is probably true, Almunia could have dived left then right then got back up and still saved it

I agree not sure he saved it though just sort of fell in the right spot. I thought Doni should have been pulled up for his running forward off the goal line. Have the rules changed? I thought a goalkeeper had to stay on his line until the ball was kicked?
Mazinho17
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby StLGooner » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:24 am

Trina wrote:
Fordy wrote:any way good win for arsenal

still think bendy should have stayed on but the result is all that counts

I kinda agree, but I still think Wenger had pens in mind. RVP scored....if Bendy was on and missed it would have been hell for him.

I think it was wise to keep RvP on, not only can he probably take pens better, but he's older and more composed, which is important on pens. Bendtner didn't play bad really, but nobody really played good either.

Anyway, all I have to say is.......................... I hate football!!! :dizzy:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby madaboutplanes » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:30 am

Trina wrote:
Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:
Irish_Gooner wrote:I was as nervous as the next guy for the likes of Diaby and Denilson but thank f**k yer man skied it!!!! Our penalties were well dispatxhed. Yet i do fear for Manuel in the future; he needs to get up quicker. We might not be as lucky come another day. The hugs at the end always make me smile. A dont care how it was done a wins a win, next stage here we come. Some time to pick up some form, find the net and bring Cesc back, how we need him!! How id love Porto or the yellow submarines but something tells me we'll get either an english club, bayern or barca!!! Anyway thats the future. Peace out and goodnight

:dizzy:

Mate, Almunia had a great game, and saved a penalty.

That's more penalties than often get saved in a shootout.

Cut the guy some slack, he was a legend tonight :hail:

The pen he saved was lucky, the guy slipped. Almunia didn't need to move.

Don't get me wrong though, in the game he was brilliant and he has been for a long time for us. I will never knock him for that.

But the pens tonight, how he put himself across was that it was all over. The first one he was looking at the ground. I really believe he thought we were screwed. Luckily after a few pens were taken, both GK looked the same and it was the takers that mattered.

Honestly I think Almunia got us the game...this is what Max Tonetto (Roma's culprit) had to say after the match

Taken from goal.com

He [Tonetto] said, “During the week we practiced penalties, and I always scored them.

“When I approached my kick tonight, I realized that [Manuel] Almunia moved in the direction I was heading at the last moment. Because of this I changed my mind, and made a huge mistake.”

Credit defo has to go to Almunia for this :) Happy for the lads!
madaboutplanes
Michael Thomas

Postby arseman » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:36 am

Trina wrote:
rogerthornhill wrote:Are there any limitations on this draw or is it an anyone can draw anyone else?

Haven't a clue. I would have thought anyone can draw anyone at this stage to be honest.

It's an open draw, anyone can be drawn against each other

I hoep we get Liverpool and piss all over them at Yawnfield!
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby liam_cork » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:22 am

no reports of any more trouble?
arsene knows
liam_cork
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Trina » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:25 am

I had a quick look online this morning and couldn't see anything.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby liam_cork » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:28 am

thats good.. i thought it was hiarious on SSN when they reported a fan had been stabbed one of the 1st things they told us was yes he did get to see the game like that was the question on everyones minds
arsene knows
liam_cork
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ayN » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:37 am

I didn't see the game live but it disappointed me to know that Eduardo missed his penalty!
Wenger please go away
ayN
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Trina » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:29 am

For anyone who didn't see the pens, here they are

Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

PreviousNext