Arsenal Vs Burnley | FA Cup R5 08/03/09

Re: Arsenal Vs Burnley | FA Cup R5 08/03/09

Postby SE13 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:43 pm

Commentary not English, sorry.

Vela 1-0: http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/2188185/

Eduardo 2-0: http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/2188378/

Eboue 3-0: http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/2188499

Check out the finish from Eduardo, it's far better than it looks first time!

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:08 pm

Great performance, with a lot of real positives.

Firstly, WHAT a finish from Eduardo :shock: :hail: Stunning, the guy is a machine!

Superb composure from Vela, and I am absolutely over the moon for Eboue. It's great to see him getting his form and confidence back :Peace:

I'd also like to add that Song is looking fantastic of late. He really ran the show today. Nothing but praise for the lad.

Also great to see Theo back.
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby niko197 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:11 pm

i've never seen this kind of finish!!! eduardo you're out of this world!!! :hail: :hail: :hail:

great goal by vela, ebue had good game too.

song's best performance in arsenal shirt. :clap:
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Gunflash » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:07 pm

I have to say that those were three of the best goals I've ever seen. Eduardo's finish was simply sublime. In off his ankle! How on earth did he do that? Vela's goal was what we've come to expect since his Carling Cup rampage. Didn't Eboue keep his composure well? Eboue's goal was the culmination of a great team move. Song's backheel to set him up was class. 3-0, a great result and no difficulties. Walcott's back, which is a major boost. Now to Roma for a 0-0 draw.
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:28 pm

Gunflash wrote:Now to Roma for a 0-0 draw.

Sod that! I want a win! :P
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Fado » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:49 pm

Ohhhhhh we are playing Chelsea at Wembley!!
Fado
Liam Brady

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:02 pm

I still can't quite believe Eduardo did that, one of the most unique finishes i have ever seen.

3 cracking goals and a great return for both Dudu and Theo.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby rogerthornhill » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:29 pm

Eduardo's goal was top-draw, there aren't many players around who could have scored with such a fine touch as that. His form since his return is making me think that we would have won the PL last season but for his injury. Vela's goal was excellent, lifting the ball over the keeper like that while he was being pressed by a defender, it reminded me of Pires, it seemed like the kind of goal that he would have scored. Good on Eboue for scoring the third. After we beat Hull it's on to Chelsea.
rogerthornhill
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:43 pm

Eduardo's goal was amazing but I still think Vela's finish was better. A volley can often go anywhere but when its on target it looks amazing. Vela nutmegged a defender then ran on, was being pulled back and still had the composure to cheekily lob the keeper.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Cheese » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:04 pm

All i've got to say about the game is superb team performance.

Fabianski, Gibbs, Djourou, Sagna, EBOUE, SONG, Diaby, Vela, Arshavin and EDUARDO played great. Gallas, looked jaded in my opinion but he choose the right game to be jaded in. Hopefully he'll be back for Roma.

Eboue, Song and Eduardo were on another level and won us the game. Vela also, with his creative play.

It was amazing to see 3 creative players upfront and playing well together.

As much as i want to see Eduardo on Wednesday, i think we should go with RvP upfront with Diaby just behind in a 5 man midfield.

Either wway todays performance has made we happy, and i can't wait for Roma.
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:20 pm

great performance, but we usually play well with teams that allow us to, that has never been a problem

the problems are against the bus parkers, and that is still to be solved

echo what most have said, eboue played really well, although not always accurate or end product, he is a really effective part of our team and offers something different with his strong running

how unfit did arshavin look lol, when he went in 100% tackles he was solid, but he pussied out of a few, great passer though, cant wait to see him fully fit with a full team out

song did his job perfectly, in general his passing wasnt consistent but thats not what hes in there for, and he did make 2 great assists

eduardo awesome awesome goal, taking the ball out of the air like that is the hardest thing to do in football and he made it look ridiculously easy, was that not his first proper chance as well?

vela what a prospect he is looking, classy finish
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby mikey_gooner » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:05 pm

Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:Great performance, with a lot of real positives.

Firstly, WHAT a finish from Eduardo :shock: :hail: Stunning, the guy is a machine!

Superb composure from Vela, and I am absolutely over the moon for Eboue. It's great to see him getting his form and confidence back :Peace:

I'd also like to add that Song is looking fantastic of late. He really ran the show today. Nothing but praise for the lad.

will the real GES please stand up ;) good to see some positive posts :clap: did not see the game so wont comment , have seen the goals , what a great finish by eduardo , now we are going to see just how effective we can be when we finally have a fully fit squad and our most important creative players back and on form , just at the right time in the season . cesc , theo and eduardo will play an important part in things to come . maybe a few people will then lay off slagging wenger :dontknow:
mikey_gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:19 pm

mikey_gooner wrote:
Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:Great performance, with a lot of real positives.

will the real GES please stand up ;) good to see some positive posts :clap: did not see the game so wont comment , have seen the goals , what a great finish by eduardo , now we are going to see just how effective we can be when we finally have a fully fit squad and our most important creative players back and on form , just at the right time in the season . cesc , theo and eduardo will play an important part in things to come . maybe a few people will then lay off slagging wenger :dontknow:

Hehehe, nice to be able to say something positive for a change mate! ;)
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Git » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:22 pm

Can you believe we're 17 games unbeaten now? Jebus.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Libertine » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:36 pm

Didn't see the game but SE13 (cheers for the text mate) informs me that we played really well.

3 excellent goals.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09