Arsenal Vs Burnley | FA Cup R5 08/03/09

Re: Arsenal Vs Burnley | FA Cup R5 08/03/09

Postby StLGooner » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:32 pm

golfinguy wrote:
InvincibleGunners wrote:I also thought Gibbs looked very accomplished at LB, he's gonna be really pushing Clichy next season no doubt.

I agree - Gibbs is showing that he really wants to play - gives it his all. I liked his game yesterday.

Also agree with this. He played with confidence and maturity that I never expected him to have. The kid looks great for the future, and as a back up now. I feel more confident about him being a backup now if Clichy were to get injured. *touches wood*
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:25 pm

ChVint22 wrote:Also agree with this. He played with confidence and maturity that I never expected him to have. The kid looks great for the future, and as a back up now. I feel more confident about him being a backup now if Clichy were to get injured. *touches wood*

Yes exactly, and on top of that Gibbs is now becoming a great option for us in fixture congested periods.
Unlike before we can now use Gibbs purely to give Clichy a rest.
Last season Clichy had to play every single damned game because there was no other option, which obviously made him tired and more prone to errors.
Now we have the luxury of being able to rest him and use Gibbs. It's like a new signing for us.
He plays with so much composure and confidence, it's like he's already 24.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Cheese » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:31 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
golfinguy wrote:
InvincibleGunners wrote:I also thought Gibbs looked very accomplished at LB, he's gonna be really pushing Clichy next season no doubt.

I agree - Gibbs is showing that he really wants to play - gives it his all. I liked his game yesterday.

Also agree with this. He played with confidence and maturity that I never expected him to have. The kid looks great for the future, and as a back up now. I feel more confident about him being a backup now if Clichy were to get injured. *touches wood*

Me and my mate was talking after the game and when i said Gibbs was good he said he didn't notice him.
To which i replied, "that's what i mean, you didn't relise that it wasn't Clichy at leftback."
That is what the cover should be. A player who can step in and not get noticed but gets on with his job, and does it right.
The great thing about Gibbs, he'll keep Clichy on his toes.
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09