Arsenal Vs Fulham | Premiership 28/02/09

Re: Arsenal Vs Fulham | Premiership 28/02/09

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:02 am

Please, don't accuse me of wearing a tie.
I don't even wear one for work.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:03 am

gzagee wrote:Somewhere along the line this thread has turned to madness...
Anyhow, good to see Inchy has loosened his tie for once.

This thread descended into madness somewhere in the second half :doh:
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:08 am

You have to respect AW even when he's wrong.
Just watched the press conference with him and he was asked " Do you think you got your tactics right today?"
He said "I don't know I'll leave that up to you to judge, I've only got 30 years experience in this business"
:rofll:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby meridamullet » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:49 am

Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:
gzagee wrote:Somewhere along the line this thread has turned to madness...
Anyhow, good to see Inchy has loosened his tie for once.

This thread descended into madness somewhere in the second half :doh:

It started before then ;)
meridamullet
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Gunflash » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:49 pm

Inchpractice wrote:You have to respect AW even when he's wrong.
Just watched the press conference with him and he was asked " Do you think you got your tactics right today?"
He said "I don't know I'll leave that up to you to judge, I've only got 30 years experience in this business"
:rofll:

That's what I like about Arsene. The way he responds with sarcasm.

Anyway that's four 0-0 draws in a row, the first time we've done that since October 1993, I believe. Looks like I'll have to book Thursdays off work for the UEFA Cup or Europa League or whatever it's called.
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:39 pm

a well atleast in the europa leage we have a good shout at a trophy ^^
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby SE13 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:59 pm

Via E-Mail, Arsene Wenger wrote:Dear Supporter,

Saturday was a big disappointment because 0-0 is a very disappointing result for us. We were desperate to get the three points and in fairness the game was not a typical 0-0 because there were chances on both sides. I feel we had weaknesses defensively and offensively today but we continued to fight.

Fulham played well and, credit to them, they were the better side in the first 20 minutes. They created more movement but after that we slowly took over.

We always lacked a bit of sharpness to take advantage of our chances and I feel our passing was not quick enough to give them problems. But Fulham defended well and they've got plenty of 0-0s away from home because their central defence plays very well.

There are plenty of reasons for our lack of Premier League goals and one of them is certainly psychological. I think once it is a psychological problem it is very difficult to assess what is tactical and what is technical. At the moment the more I speak about it the bigger I make the problem.

I don't feel that we should look for the solution in the injured strikers like Eduardo and Adebayor because we had the same problems when the strikers were fit. We just haven't scored more goals recently. It is difficult to assess.

The good thing in football is that problems don't last forever and at some stage we will score goals. We have quality but on Saturday we were a little bit jaded physically.

After a Champions League game it is always difficult to win, that is why I believe we should have won the game 1-0 on Saturday. Then we would be perfectly happy. There is a lot of mental investment in the Champions League and we are not mature enough yet to prepare well and get the priorities right.

As for finishing in the top four, I don't want to speculate about that at the moment. Saturday's result doesn't help and it is certainly a big blow for us.

Thanks for your support.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09