Arsenal Vs Roma | Champions League 24/02/2009

Re: Arsenal Vs Roma | Champions League 24/02/2009

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:17 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:I'm not asking for your sympathy, just answer the question.

The answer is I really dont know. But I have little sympathy for players who play badly out of position. Even the (genuinely young) Walcott has had to play in a few different slots, and he's given it a good go.

Are you saying Bendtner didn't give it a go? He didn't even try?
Yes Theo did give it a go, he played right wing when that wasn't his position. It took him about 15-20 starts in that position to even start looking a bit like a right winger. Before that he was dreadful.
You've given Bendtner 60 minutes.
And how is Theo genuinely young and Bendtner isn't? Is he falsely young?
Do you know that the difference between their ages is 14 months?
Is that the difference between real and fake? :grin:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Trina » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:18 pm

jayantmoudgil wrote:haha, just mention Bendtner in any thread on GW and the thread is on fire :D :)

That's because if anyone says anything negative about him they get jumped on :hiding:
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:19 pm

waisman wrote:I think Bendtner put in a performance which was mostly good with some terrible moments when it really counted. His finishing was dreadful, his first touches awful but he completely dominated down the left hand side, and his workrate was good. He's not good at dribbling and doesn't have much pace but AW did a good thing playing him there and he did well. When Vela played there who is both good at dribbling and has some pace he was ineffectual and their right back came back into the game again.

Exactly.
It was a poor game compared to the way he played against Cardiff but under the (very bizarre) circumstances he did a decent job.
Vela was worse, Eboue also missed a brilliant chance but suprise surprise they don't get criticised today. It's so boring.
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Trina » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:21 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
waisman wrote:I think Bendtner put in a performance which was mostly good with some terrible moments when it really counted. His finishing was dreadful, his first touches awful but he completely dominated down the left hand side, and his workrate was good. He's not good at dribbling and doesn't have much pace but AW did a good thing playing him there and he did well. When Vela played there who is both good at dribbling and has some pace he was ineffectual and their right back came back into the game again.

Exactly.
It was a poor game compared to the way he played against Cardiff but under the (very bizarre) circumstances he did a decent job.
Vela was worse, Eboue also missed a brilliant chance but suprise surprise they don't get criticised. It's so boring.

Eboue got slated big time for that! Vela was only on for 20 mins? Which if I remember right you have said in the past it's wrong to criticize them when they are a sub.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:25 pm

Trina wrote:Eboue got slated big time for that! Vela was only on for 20 mins? Which if I remember right you have said in the past it's wrong to criticize them when they are a sub.

Eboue got a few remarks at the moment it happened but no-one is queueing up to slate him hours after the match finished (another match we won by the way).
Yes it is wrong to slate someone purely on a 15 minute appearance but he had half an hour and he came with a lot of hype.
I only bring him up again because the Bendtner bashers are the exact same people that want Vela to start Prem games ahead of Bendtner, yet when Vela is very inneffective they say nothing.

I also think it's a little bit harsh to say that his finishing was poor when he only got one good chance which he fluffed.
The other two were dreadful passes, one by Nasri and the other by RVP which were rattled at him at 100 miles and hour. RVP couldn't have put those in.
One fluffed chance doesn't warrant the comments he's getting. As usual it's all way out of proportion. I don't mind balanced criticism but it's clear that some people really enjoy bashing certain players and can't wait for them to make a mistake.
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:27 pm

waisman wrote:

His finishing was dreadful,

his first touches awful

his workrate was good.

He's not good at dribbling

doesn't have much pace

So basically he means well but he's shite ;)
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Fabrestuta » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:29 pm

Bendtner is a striker, Eboue is not, therefore Bendtners miss was less forgivable. I didn't think he was complete muck, but his finishing often leaves a lot to be desired. Thats not bashing him, its just making an observation.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:29 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:
waisman wrote:

his first touches awful

his workrate was good.

doesn't have much pace

Don't selectively edit UFGN. :naughty:
He also said he dominated down that left hand side amongst other things.
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:30 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:Bendtner is a striker, Eboue is not, therefore Bendtners miss was less forgivable. I didn't think he was complete muck, but his finishing often leaves a lot to be desired. Thats not bashing him, its just making an observation.

Good. Thank you.
Some reasonably balanced criticism.
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Trina » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:32 pm

Bendy only had a few remarks until people starting sticking up for him ;)
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby UFGN » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:33 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
Up For Grabs Now wrote:
waisman wrote:

his first touches awful

his workrate was good.

doesn't have much pace

Don't selectively edit UFGN. :naughty:
He also said he dominated down that left hand side amongst other things.

I picked out all the actual descriptions of his playing ability.
And, anyway, how can he say he was "good down the left" and at the same time say his dribbling, first touch, pace and finishing were all poor?
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Trina » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:36 pm

I can't believe Fordy is sticking up for Bendy here too....wonders will never cease!
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:37 pm

Trina wrote:Bendy only had a few remarks until people starting sticking up for him ;)

Go back and read the last 3 or 4 pages Trina, people are really enjoying a good bashing.
And why shouldn't I stick up for him? You should be pleased that the forum is getting more posts.

Up For Grabs Now wrote:I picked out all the actual descriptions of his playing ability.
And, anyway, how can he say he was "good down the left" and at the same time say his dribbling, first touch, pace and finishing were all poor?

Why don't you ask him?
And why won't you respond to my last post to you?
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby TheSKAGooner » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:40 pm

Perhaps there's something amiss with Bendtner's shot preparation...

:scared:
TheSKAGooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby UFGN » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:42 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
Up For Grabs Now wrote:I picked out all the actual descriptions of his playing ability.

Why don't you ask him?
And why won't you respond to my last post to you?

14 months = one whole season of play and over a year of development, which is highly significant at their age. If Walcott is playing like Bendtner in a years time I will not be happy.
But I believe Walcott is a much more talented player. I hope that if he was fit he would be playing more at the moment, We could use his pace.

UFGN

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09