Arsenal Vs Sunderland | Premiership 21/02/2009

Re: Arsenal Vs Sunderland | Premiership 21/02/2009

Postby mikey_gooner » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:13 pm

Fordy wrote:
gzagee wrote:Can anyone tell me what's wrong with a UEFA Cup spot with the squad we have? Wouldn't there be more chance of success at that level and at the same time give the likes of Song/Denilson/Ramsey/Wilshere/Vela/Bendy et al time to develop without the constant pressure of CL and Prem top 4 finish?

i can your the most epensive team to watch so should be one of the best and if had not been for piss poor decisions on your squad you would be

well said gzagee :clap:
fordy why do you keep saying we are the most expensive team to watch when chelsea and spurs both have tickets that cost more then ours :dontknow:
mikey_gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:14 pm

mikey_gooner wrote:cesc runs the midfield and you can not even compare him with nasri
eduardo was on form before he got injured and is the type of player that just needed one chance last season and he slotted it away .
and walcott was just hitting form for both us and england and was changing games with his pace .
now we have not had those three players for a considerable time and peopel wonder why we are suffering without them ? take ashley young , gareth barry and abelonghor out of villa for the same amount of time and where would they be ?

as for accepting the russians millions id rather finish fith and play in the uefa then sell the soul of our club :naughty:

I can compare him to Cesc, because he has proved that he can perform in the centre. Maybe not to the same level, but he has been effective there.

Eduardo was in his first season, and yes, in form, when he got injured, but you'll find few converts who agree that he's better technically than RVP. Yet.

Lastly, if we're relying on THREE PLAYERS (albeit three of our best) from our ENTIRE SQUAD, then you have to admit, we have serious problems!
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Fordy » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:16 pm

mikey_gooner wrote:
Fordy wrote:
gzagee wrote:Can anyone tell me what's wrong with a UEFA Cup spot with the squad we have? Wouldn't there be more chance of success at that level and at the same time give the likes of Song/Denilson/Ramsey/Wilshere/Vela/Bendy et al time to develop without the constant pressure of CL and Prem top 4 finish?

i can your the most epensive team to watch so should be one of the best and if had not been for piss poor decisions on your squad you would be

fordy why do you keep saying we are the most expensive team to watch when chelsea and spurs both have tickets that cost more then ours :dontknow:

Everything i have read fro your fans or the press or any other source quite clearly list you as the most epensive and you are now the only person i have heard say any different
Fordy

Postby mikey_gooner » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:18 pm

i never said he was technically better then RVP i said he is the sort of striker that does not need 8 chances to score 1 goal . he was deadly last season when he played . as for nasri how many games have you seen him play in cecs position ? THREE players can make a huge difference in the balance and cohesion of a team .
mikey_gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby gzagee » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:18 pm

Fordy wrote:

Okay, but the reason why we're the most expensive is cos the cost of building the new stadium and the dividends the shareholders collect every year.
We don't pay extortionately high wages and we don't pay massive transfer fees.

If AC Milan can manage a season without CL pressures and come back the stronger for it then I see no reason why we can't.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby UFGN » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:19 pm

Totally disagree. You dont accept a drop in standards just to give players a breather.

Utter tripe. Dont try to put a positive spin on a bad situation just for the sake of it!
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Artemis8 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:19 pm

Fordy wrote:
mikey_gooner wrote:
Fordy wrote:

Everything i have read fro your fans or the press or any other source quite clearly list you as the most epensive and you are now the only person i have heard say any different

Ive been down to all three ground myself this season. Arsenal arnt the most epensive team to watch, its cheski. Dont belive everything you read.
Artemis8

Postby Fordy » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:19 pm

mikey_gooner wrote:as for accepting the russians millions id rather finish fith and play in the uefa then sell the soul of our club :naughty:

surly the soul of the club you fell in love went a long time ago mate
Fordy

Postby mikey_gooner » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:23 pm

Fordy wrote:
mikey_gooner wrote:as for accepting the russians millions id rather finish fith and play in the uefa then sell the soul of our club :naughty:

surly the soul of the club you fell in love went a long time ago mate

well theres selling your soul and then theres bending over and asking some rich russian c*** to arse rape you . thanks but no thanks
mikey_gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby gzagee » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:24 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:

Totally disagree. You dont accept a drop in standards just to give players a breather.

Utter tripe. Dont try to put a positive spin on a bad situation just for the sake of it!

I ain't saying it for the sake of it Grabs. Look at our squad and the way we've been playing, is it not patently obvious we're inferior this season? AW's trying different permutations but the players clearly just aren't up to it.

I refute your poorly made claim of utter tripe.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby gzagee » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:26 pm

I'm not saying I would love us to drop out of the CL positions but we could very well find ourselves in that position.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby UFGN » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:27 pm

gzagee wrote:
Up For Grabs Now wrote:

I ain't saying it for the sake of it Grabs. Look at our squad and the way we've been playing, is it not patently obvious we're inferior this season? AW's trying different permutations but the players clearly just aren't up to it.

I refute your poorly made claim of utter tripe.

Well I agree with you there. But I still dont accept we should be satisfied with the Uefa cup. Winning the Uefa cup is in my opinion roughly equivalent to winning a quarter final in the CL. I would rather see us do that.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:27 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:

I can't believe it.

I......

....actually agree with something UFGN has said :shock: :hiding: :rofll:
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gzagee » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:28 pm

Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:
Up For Grabs Now wrote:

I can't believe it.

I......

....actually agree with something UFGN has said :shock: :hiding: :rofll:

:grouphug:
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Fordy » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:33 pm

Youngie wrote:
Fordy wrote:
mikey_gooner wrote:
Fordy wrote:

Ive been down to all three ground myself this season. Arsenal arnt the most epensive team to watch, its cheski. Dont belive everything you read.

chelsea season tickets

East Upper
£855-ADULT
£430-SENIOR CITIZEN
£430-JUVENILE

East Lower Family Centre
£530-ADULT
£265-SENIOR CITIZEN
£265-JUVENILE

West Lower
£810-ADULT
£405-SENIOR CITIZEN