Arsenal Vs Cardiff | FA Cup R4 Replay 16/02/09

Re: Arsenal Vs Cardiff | FA Cup R4 Replay 16/02/09

Postby owainAFC » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:33 am

watch the free video from arsenal tv with him that was up on the site a while back, he oozed arrogance in that. just for one.
User avatar
owainAFC
Michael Thomas
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:17 pm
Location: South Wales, UK

Re: Arsenal Vs Cardiff | FA Cup R4 Replay 16/02/09

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:35 am

owainAFC wrote:watch the free video from arsenal tv with him that was up on the site a while back, he oozed arrogance in that. just for one.

What did he actually say?

I think it's a case of Arsenal scapegoat syndrome a lot of the time. We as fans seem to need a player to point our bad vibes at.

It used to be Lehmann, then it was Eboue, Adebeyor has had a turn, and Bendtern is making a seat on the board his own.

Cut the guy some slack, he's an Arsenal player
User avatar
Good_Eye_Sniper
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 5036
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:46 pm

Re: Arsenal Vs Cardiff | FA Cup R4 Replay 16/02/09

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:37 am

Up For Grabs Now wrote:
Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:I just think we should give the guy a break.

I've breated him when he's had a bad game, sure, but he was good tonight, and should be praised.


When he goes in the papers (like he did today) saying he is our best striker and he should play every minute of every game, I'm afraid he leaves himself no way back IMO. He's an arrogant, average striker with no personal class. He has no idea how to handle himself off the pitch, and thats in addition to being mediocre on the pitch.

Please pay attention to what is written in the Bendtner threads before posting tosh:

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9232&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15

Those of us who have Setanta watched him tell the world that the crap that was written in the Mirror was (surprise surprise) made up. :rolleyes:
groom suits for gooners with taste
User avatar
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 24155
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:40 pm
Location: Bucks

Re: Arsenal Vs Cardiff | FA Cup R4 Replay 16/02/09

Postby owainAFC » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:38 am

i can't remember exactly, it was something along the lines of having little respect for the clubs he started out at. i'd have to watch it again. i like the guy on the pitch, no matter how many chances he fluffs. i just would prefer for everyone in football to stop talking about him. his boots, his attitude, his poor performances, his no recognition for good performances. i just would like to see him get his head down, and get on with it. i want too see what he can do.
User avatar
owainAFC
Michael Thomas
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:17 pm
Location: South Wales, UK

Re: Arsenal Vs Cardiff | FA Cup R4 Replay 16/02/09

Postby Trina » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:39 am

Every player you mentioned though GES are the weak links in Arsenal....

I'm not going to slag them off but I will bring up faults, as with any other player. But surely you must see they are the weak ones in the squad.
Le Boss
User avatar
Trina
The Boss
The Boss
 
Posts: 24045
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:19 pm

Re: Arsenal Vs Cardiff | FA Cup R4 Replay 16/02/09

Postby golfinguy » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:43 am

Trina wrote:I agree with UFGN that he DID say it. However, I think it was taken out of context and he was talking about whilst Ade was out. Instead, they made it sound like he should be first choice no matter what. Bendy doesn't think that!


YES. It was from last week regarding the Ade injury. Then rehashed, re-edited with a new, provocative, headline for this week.

And as he said after the match - pure rubbish.
Last edited by golfinguy on Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
__________________________________________________________
I've gone to find myself. If I get back before I return, keep me here.
User avatar
golfinguy
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2056
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: The Wrong Fairway

Re: Arsenal Vs Cardiff | FA Cup R4 Replay 16/02/09

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:43 am

Trina wrote:Every player you mentioned though GES are the weak links in Arsenal....

I'm not going to slag them off but I will bring up faults, as with any other player. But surely you must see they are the weak ones in the squad.

Agreed, with the exception of Lehmann, who was immense (unbeaten run anyone?)

It just seems to me that with these players, when they have a bad game, they're publicly crucified, but they don't get any recognition when they have a good game.

I think Bendtner was quality tonight, and I think he should get the praise for it, and to be honest, seeing that "newspaper report" really annoyed me because I know it's just the media identifying our current "scapegoat" and playing on it
User avatar
Good_Eye_Sniper
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 5036
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:46 pm

Re: Arsenal Vs Cardiff | FA Cup R4 Replay 16/02/09

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:43 am

owainAFC wrote:i can't remember exactly, it was something along the lines of having little respect for the clubs he started out at. i'd have to watch it again.

Here you go, watch it again and tell me where's it arrogant:

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... -interview
groom suits for gooners with taste
User avatar
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 24155
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:40 pm
Location: Bucks

Re: Arsenal Vs Cardiff | FA Cup R4 Replay 16/02/09

Postby golfinguy » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:46 am

Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:
Trina wrote:Every player you mentioned though GES are the weak links in Arsenal....

I'm not going to slag them off but I will bring up faults, as with any other player. But surely you must see they are the weak ones in the squad.

Agreed, with the exception of Lehmann, who was immense (unbeaten run anyone?)

It just seems to me that with these players, when they have a bad game, they're publicly crucified, but they don't get any recognition when they have a good game.

I think Bendtner was quality tonight, and I think he should get the praise for it, and to be honest, seeing that "newspaper report" really annoyed me because I know it's just the media identifying our current "scapegoat" and playing on it

Bendtner is immensely valuable as a squad player. And I certainly will not trash him today - he played well.

But he's not a first team player.... yet (he's still young, can improve).
__________________________________________________________
I've gone to find myself. If I get back before I return, keep me here.
User avatar
golfinguy
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2056
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: The Wrong Fairway

Re: Arsenal Vs Cardiff | FA Cup R4 Replay 16/02/09

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:47 am

Inchpractice wrote:
owainAFC wrote:i can't remember exactly, it was something along the lines of having little respect for the clubs he started out at. i'd have to watch it again.

Here you go, watch it again and tell me where's it arrogant:

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... -interview

:clap:

No further questions your honour
User avatar
Good_Eye_Sniper
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 5036
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:46 pm

Re: Arsenal Vs Cardiff | FA Cup R4 Replay 16/02/09

Postby Trina » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:47 am

Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:
Trina wrote:Every player you mentioned though GES are the weak links in Arsenal....

I'm not going to slag them off but I will bring up faults, as with any other player. But surely you must see they are the weak ones in the squad.

Agreed, with the exception of Lehmann, who was immense (unbeaten run anyone?)

It just seems to me that with these players, when they have a bad game, they're publicly crucified, but they don't get any recognition when they have a good game.

I think Bendtner was quality tonight, and I think he should get the praise for it, and to be honest, seeing that "newspaper report" really annoyed me because I know it's just the media identifying our current "scapegoat" and playing on it


Now you see I completely agree about them getting recognition for good games. Especially Bendtner. But personally the reason I don't as much is because I'm sick of seeing "oh where's all the Bendy haters now" etc etc when he scores or has a good game. Things like that make me not want to post positive things as it seems hypocritical when it shouldn't be. The first thing I think of is well it's only one goal, or 20 mins of a game instead of saying positive things.

Did that make sense? lol
Le Boss
User avatar
Trina
The Boss
The Boss
 
Posts: 24045
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:19 pm

Re: Arsenal Vs Cardiff | FA Cup R4 Replay 16/02/09

Postby UFGN » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:47 am

Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:
owainAFC wrote:watch the free video from arsenal tv with him that was up on the site a while back, he oozed arrogance in that. just for one.

What did he actually say?

I think it's a case of Arsenal scapegoat syndrome a lot of the time. We as fans seem to need a player to point our bad vibes at.

It used to be Lehmann, then it was Eboue, Adebeyor has had a turn, and Bendtern is making a seat on the board his own.

Cut the guy some slack, he's an Arsenal player


I couldnt care less that he's an Arsenal player. All those players, with the exception of Ade, absolutely deserved to get a load of stick at times. Eboue is the worst player to wear an Arsenal shirt since Cygan. He is a poor player. What am I supposed to say? Oh, he's alright, even though he is often a liability? Get real!
Image
User avatar
UFGN
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 19175
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: Arsenal Vs Cardiff | FA Cup R4 Replay 16/02/09

Postby owainAFC » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:48 am

Inchpractice wrote:
owainAFC wrote:i can't remember exactly, it was something along the lines of having little respect for the clubs he started out at. i'd have to watch it again.

Here you go, watch it again and tell me where's it arrogant:

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... -interview

shall do, if it ever loads :?
User avatar
owainAFC
Michael Thomas
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:17 pm
Location: South Wales, UK

Re: Arsenal Vs Cardiff | FA Cup R4 Replay 16/02/09

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:49 am

Up For Grabs Now wrote:
Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:
owainAFC wrote:watch the free video from arsenal tv with him that was up on the site a while back, he oozed arrogance in that. just for one.

What did he actually say?

I think it's a case of Arsenal scapegoat syndrome a lot of the time. We as fans seem to need a player to point our bad vibes at.

It used to be Lehmann, then it was Eboue, Adebeyor has had a turn, and Bendtner is making a seat on the board his own.

Cut the guy some slack, he's an Arsenal player


I couldnt care less that he's an Arsenal player. All those players, with the exception of Ade, absolutely deserved to get a load of stick. Eboue is the worst player to wear an Arsenal shirt since Cygan. He is a poor player. What am I supposed to say? Oh, he's alright, even though he is often a liability? Get real!

I'm going to start underlying the part where I make my point I think :rolleyes:

People jump on him whether he's had a bad game or not, look at the thread you are in. A thread about a game where he scored and generally played well, and why?

Because some idiot journalist printed a story to destabilise the team.

Well done Mr journo, looks like you were partially successful :doh:
User avatar
Good_Eye_Sniper
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 5036
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:46 pm

Re: Arsenal Vs Cardiff | FA Cup R4 Replay 16/02/09

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:51 am

Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:It just seems to me that with these players, when they have a bad game, they're publicly crucified, but they don't get any recognition when they have a good game.

I think Bendtner was quality tonight, and I think he should get the praise for it, and to be honest, seeing that "newspaper report" really annoyed me because I know it's just the media identifying our current "scapegoat" and playing on it

Agree with that 100%.
Bendy was quality tonight, scored one, set up the fourth goal, worked hard etc. etc.
Missed a sitter but Ade does it all the time so what the hell?

Yes the media totally wank out on identifying our scapegoat. They had a field day when Eboue was booed and they didn't stop talking about it for weeks.
What really f***ing irritated me though was the fact that those twunt Setanta commentators just took the Mirror story as complete gospel.
Soon as Bendtner missed that sitter one of them said "Well this is the man who came out in the papers today and said he should be starting every game - not with performances like that he won't!"
:angry:
They didn't say "This is the player who 'allegedly' said or this is the player who 'was reported to have said' they just took it as gospel.
Monkey see monkey do - it's in black and white and therefore it's true.
These people are FORTY years old for f**k's sake and they don't know better!
Seriously!! :BangHead:

And if that wasn't bad enough the f***ing c**ts in the studio actually watched Bendtner's interview in which he clearly stated that it was all tabloid shite and then said it again!!!
They actually watched him rubbish it and then said "bearing in mind his quotes in the paper he should play better blah blah"

HE'S JUST f***ing TOLD YOU IT WAS RUBBISH!! WHERE WERE YOU?? IN MAKE UP??
:BangHead: :BangHead:
groom suits for gooners with taste
User avatar
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 24155
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:40 pm
Location: Bucks

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 08/09

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest