Arsenal Vs Cardiff | FA Cup R4 Replay 16/02/09

Re: Arsenal Vs Cardiff | FA Cup R4 Replay 16/02/09

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:46 am

For f**k's sake guys, he scored a goal tonight and looked very good :rolleyes:

What does he need to do? :rolleyes: Score another 15 per game, walk on water at halftime and dispense beer from his kneecaps?!

:dizzy:

Madness
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Mazinho17 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:50 am

Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:For f**k's sake guys, he scored a goal tonight and looked very good :rolleyes:

What does he need to do? :rolleyes: Score another 15 per game, walk on water at halftime and dispense beer from his kneecaps?!

:dizzy:

Madness

Well i don't know about the walk on water bit but dispensing beer from his kneecaps couldn't hurt his chances of being liked more. Along with the extra 15 goals per game.
Mazinho17
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby UFGN » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:52 am

Nah just flog him to Pompey or Newcastle for 5 - 7 mil and buy a good CB with the money
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:52 am

I just think we should give the guy a break.

I've breated him when he's had a bad game, sure, but he was good tonight, and should be praised.
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:57 am

Up For Grabs Now wrote:Nah just flog him to Pompey or Newcastle for 5 - 7 mil and buy a good CB with the money

Which world class CB are we going to get with £5-7m? :?
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:58 am

Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:I just think we should give the guy a break.

I've breated him when he's had a bad game, sure, but he was good tonight, and should be praised.

When he goes in the papers (like he did today) saying he is our best striker and he should play every minute of every game, I'm afraid he leaves himself no way back IMO. He's an arrogant, average striker with no personal class. He has no idea how to handle himself off the pitch, and thats in addition to being mediocre on the pitch.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:00 am

Up For Grabs Now wrote:
Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:I just think we should give the guy a break.

When he goes in the papers (like he did today) saying he is our best striker and he should play every minute of every game, I'm afraid he leaves himself no way back IMO. He's an arrogant, average striker with no personal class. He has no idea how to handle himself off the pitch, and thats in addition to being mediocre on the pitch.

And you believed that that was gospel?

:tumbleweed:

:rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll:

Wait, you're serious??

Come on mate, tune in ;)
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:05 am

If it was only in one paper, then alright you can disregard it. But it was in lots of different papers, at least three, with quotes. I read lots of different papers cos there are always loads left about on the train.

But that is beside the point anyway, I doubt he will play much now we have more options, especially when Ade has recovered. Mark my words he will not start next season with us.

UFGN

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:07 am

It's not like the media have ever printed shite before to try and undermine the team is it?

Oh wait :sundae:

I'll be the among the first to lambast players for having shit games, particularly if they have a run of shit games, but he's played well tonight, and has shown a marked improvement of late, so he should be commended.

I guarantee you that what you read was misquoted at best, and completely made up at worst.

We as fans should be able to read between the lines and smell bullshit when we see it
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Trina » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:17 am

I agree with UFGN that he DID say it. However, I think it was taken out of context and he was talking about whilst Ade was out. Instead, they made it sound like he should be first choice no matter what. Bendy doesn't think that!
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:23 am

Trina wrote:I agree with UFGN that he DID say it. However, I think it was taken out of context and he was talking about whilst Ade was out. Instead, they made it sound like he should be first choice no matter what. Bendy doesn't think that!

If it was out of context, then it was WAY out of context, because I can guarantee you that no professional football player would make that sort of claim, particularly if they were a young player just breaking through.

Bendtner might be many things, but he's not a complete idiot. He's not going to come out with something as delusional and inaccurate as that, it's just common sense that it's been misinterpreted, or at least embelished on a little.

Whatever the case, I'll always back one of our own players over some scumbag journalist any day of the week
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby owainAFC » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:24 am

screw bendtner, i was so happy for eduardo tonight. loved every second of the game, hope his injury isn't too bad. hopefully just a precautionary thing, but it was so great to see how much it meant to him.
owainAFC
Michael Thomas

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:25 am

owainAFC wrote:screw bendtner.

So, the match you watched finished 3-0 then?

I can't believe what I read sometimes :doh:
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby owainAFC » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:28 am

Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:

no, he played well. but tonight wasn't about him for me. we should be talking about eduardo, you have to feel that the poor guy has been misqouted, but he has said some pretty ridiculous things in the past. he thinks he is 5 years further into his career than he actually is. played well tonight though.
owainAFC
Michael Thomas

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:31 am

owainAFC wrote:
Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:

no, he played well. but tonight wasn't about him for me. we should be talking about eduardo, you have to feel that the poor guy has been misqouted, but he has said some pretty ridiculous things in the past. he thinks he is 5 years further into his career than he actually is. played well tonight though.

Where are people getting this from?

What's he said?

As far as I'm concerned he has had moments early in his career where he's voiced an opinion that he should be playing, but that was ages ago.

I've not heard of anything he's said in the recent past that gives any credence to this "statement"
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09