Spurs Vs Arsenal | Premiership 08/02/09

Re: Spurs Vs Arsenal | Premiership 08/02/09

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:19 pm

No, I'm just saying Palacios is a good player and you're going on about him being named world class after one game. It's so much more than that. If anything, he's proven himself a much better player than Arshavin in his career.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby StLGooner » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:21 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:No, I'm just saying Palacios is a good player and you're going on about him being named world class after one game. It's so much more than that. If anything, he's proven himself a much better player than Arshavin in his career.

If you read my post silly I sad he was a good player too. :BangHead: It was others that said he was world class. :dizzy: f**k me!!!!!!! Its too early for this shit Yorky!!!!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:25 pm

Wenger is annoying. Moaning about a goal dissalowed. There was no goal dissalowed. The play had stopped plenty of time before. It's not like it was ruled out after. I always think that once the whistle has gone, you never really know what could of happened. You never know what each players mentality is when the whislte goes. The slightest thing can change everything.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:27 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:No, I'm just saying Palacios is a good player and you're going on about him being named world class after one game. It's so much more than that. If anything, he's proven himself a much better player than Arshavin in his career.

If you read my post silly I sad he was a good player too. :BangHead: It was others that said he was world class. :dizzy: f**k me!!!!!!! Its too early for this shit Yorky!!!!

Sorry dude. :hiding:
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby StLGooner » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:28 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:Wenger is annoying. Moaning about a goal dissalowed. There was no goal dissalowed. The play had stopped plenty of time before. It's not like it was ruled out after. I always think that once the whistle has gone, you never really know what could of happened. You never know what each players mentality is when the whislte goes. The slightest thing can change everything.

I would agree with that, some players stop once they hear the whistle, and it even appeared that Eboue was the only one really carrying on with it. Even though I don't think there was much of a foul there, but you win some you lose some eh!!!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Fordy » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:35 pm

i thought that this morning when i saw it the whistle went long before he scored so it was not even a disallowed goal
Fordy

Postby StLGooner » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:37 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:

Sorry dude. :hiding:

:lol: You have to remember its still early here for me, I've only had one cup of coffee and you're already on me, at least wait til noon or something buddy!!! I know I'm a t**t, just try not to point it out so early in the morning next time. ;)
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:39 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:Wenger is annoying. Moaning about a goal dissalowed. There was no goal dissalowed. The play had stopped plenty of time before. It's not like it was ruled out after. I always think that once the whistle has gone, you never really know what could of happened. You never know what each players mentality is when the whislte goes. The slightest thing can change everything.

Thing is Yorky, is he any different to any of the fans you hear at a game, or down the pub?

I've lost count of the amount of times a rival fan has screamed for a penalty when there's was nothing even close to a penalty. That's football for you, people who are passionate about the game will speak out about it, right or not. We've all done it.
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:43 pm

Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:

Thing is Yorky, is he any different to any of the fans you hear at a game, or down the pub?

I've lost count of the amount of times a rival fan has screamed for a penalty when there's was nothing even close to a penalty. That's football for you, people who are passionate about the game will speak out about it, right or not. We've all done it.

That's true.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby SE13 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:24 pm

Via E-Mail, Arsene Wenger wrote:Dear Supporter,

I believe we had a resilient, committed attitude in our 0-0 draw against Tottenham at White Hart Lane and I'm proud of the players.

But I feel it is two points dropped because we had the best chances and we scored a regular goal that was ruled out by an illusionary foul seen only by the referee. I watched it three times on television and I still don't see what was wrong. That is why at the end of the day it's frustrating.

The referee has seen a push from Emmanuel Eboue but in fact it was Jonathan Woodgate who pushed him as well and then stumbled over Emmanuel Adebayor and falls down. If you see it again you see that it's nothing. It is not acceptable really, it is not serious.

I believe the person closest to the ball was the referee. He was in the best position and did not judge the push from Eboue, he judged the fact that Woodgate fell down.

As for Eboue's sending off, I believe that the first yellow card was very harsh. You have players who make 15 fouls in the game but don't get a yellow card. What he did was clumsy but the first yellow card was very hard. For the second one, if he has retaliated then he deserves a yellow. If someone saw that for real then he deserved to be sent off.

We deal with our problems internally and I want to first see the incident before I assess the situation. It was impossible to see what happened at the time because the ball had gone.

After Eboue's red card we kept playing with two strikers, we tried to win it and there was enough room to win this game. Tottenham created very little overall and even when we had 10 men they never really pulled us out of position.

We needed one or two saves from Manuel Almunia but overall I think we controlled them very well. What troubled us was creating because we were down to 10 men for so long and that's difficult to deal with.

On the injury front, Gael Clichy has had stitches in a head wound while Emmanuel Adebayor will be out for three weeks with a hamstring problem. But we have Carlos Vela, we have Nicklas Bendtner, we have Eduardo, we have Andrey Arshavin and we have Robin van Persie. We have plenty of strikers.

Thanks for your support.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Fordy » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:56 pm

Via E-Mail, Arsene Wenger wrote:I watched it three times on television and I still don't see what was wrong. That is why at the end of the day it's frustrating.

Via E-Mail, Arsene Wenger wrote:For the second one, if he has retaliated then he deserves a yellow. If someone saw that for real then he deserved to be sent off.

We deal with our problems internally and I want to first see the incident before I assess the situation. It was impossible to see what happened at the time because the ball had gone.

Good old Wenger so he watched the goal three times and he watched the first booking but he still didnt watch the sending off lol

The whistle had gone before he scored so it was never a goal anyway

The first yellow was worse than the second one if you ask me he quite clearly got told to go away 2 times before he got booked so its not harsh it just him been a tit

and there is no doubt what so ever about the second one at all

And i dont know what game he was watching because spurs dominated 90 percent of it

They showed the stats on ssn this morning and spurs where clear in front for every stat
Fordy

Postby StLGooner » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:59 pm

And yet, the f***ing scum c**** still didn't win. ;) Two points dropped for them I'd say.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Fordy » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:05 pm

ChVint22 wrote:And yet, the f***ing scum **** still didn't win. ;) Two points dropped for them I'd say.

I agree and there finishing was nothing short of shocking i just would love to watch a Arsenal game through wengers eyes it must be ace
Fordy

Postby StLGooner » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:09 pm

Fordy wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:And yet, the f***ing scum **** still didn't win. ;) Two points dropped for them I'd say.

I agree and there finishing was nothing short of shocking i just would love to watch a Arsenal game through wengers eyes it must be ace

:lol:

I agree that Wenger says and does some shocking things,and probably complains a bit much sometimes, but who really cares if he saw it or not, he probably didn't see it happen and then probably didn't want to watch it later. :dontknow:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:13 pm

we played as well as anyone could have hoped with 10 men, and we did create a few chances and didnt park the bus

the dissallowed goal fordy i dont know what your pish point is that it wasnt a goal anyway, eboue was 5 yards out and just about to smash it into a net, the defenders bar one of them kept playing so it would have been 99.9% guaranteed he would have scored. and it was never a foul anyway
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09