Spurs Vs Arsenal | Premiership 08/02/09

Re: Spurs Vs Arsenal | Premiership 08/02/09

Postby StLGooner » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:18 pm

absolutely_fabregas wrote:we played as well as anyone could have hoped with 10 men, and we did create a few chances and didnt park the bus

the dissallowed goal fordy i dont know what your pish point is that it wasnt a goal anyway, eboue was 5 yards out and just about to smash it into a net, the defenders bar one of them kept playing so it would have been 99.9% guaranteed he would have scored. and it was never a foul anyway

I agree with the first part, but I think what Fordy is getting at is that the whistle was blown before the goal came, therefore it was never a goal, meaning it couldn't have been disallowed.

Whether it was a foul or not is a different question.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SE13 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:19 pm

Fordy wrote:i just would love to watch a Arsenal game through wengers eyes it must be ace

I wouldn't bother, you won't see anything!

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Fordy » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:20 pm

I just mean technically it was not a disallowed goal beacuse play was stooped before it went in

A disallowed goal is when they score and afterwords the ref decides not to give it

but anyway i agree it was a bit harsh to give a foul for the push but the fact is there was a push on woodgate so if eboue had just kept his hands to himself he would have scored
Fordy

Postby Fordy » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:21 pm

SE13 wrote:
Fordy wrote:i just would love to watch a Arsenal game through wengers eyes it must be ace

I wouldn't bother, you won't see anything!

quality mate
Fordy

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:22 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
absolutely_fabregas wrote:we played as well as anyone could have hoped with 10 men, and we did create a few chances and didnt park the bus

the dissallowed goal fordy i dont know what your pish point is that it wasnt a goal anyway, eboue was 5 yards out and just about to smash it into a net, the defenders bar one of them kept playing so it would have been 99.9% guaranteed he would have scored. and it was never a foul anyway

I agree with the first part, but I think what Fordy is getting at is that the whistle was blown before the goal came, therefore it was never a goal, meaning it couldn't have been disallowed.

well thats what im saying the whistle went when he was about to pull the trigger and everyone kept playing as normal bar the one defender, and it would have basically been a guaranteed goal

and so to say it was never a goal anyway, is basically a stupid point as it like i said was pretty much guaranteed to be one

ps sorry fordy, jus im in a bit of a mood lol
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby SE13 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:27 pm

I didn't even hear the whistle! I was still spraying beer around the room when I realised.

The replays didn't show anything amiss, the commentators and pundits didn't see anything wrong, only the referee who wasn't exactly in the best place saw something.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby StLGooner » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:28 pm

absolutely_fabregas wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:

well thats what im saying the whistle went when he was about to pull the trigger and everyone kept playing as normal bar the one defender, and it would have basically been a guaranteed goal

and so to say it was never a goal anyway, is basically a stupid point as it like i said was pretty much guaranteed to be one

Its not really stupid to say a goal that was never a goal wasn't a goal. :dizzy: Even if it could or would have been one. Bottom line is that it wasn't a goal. Thats not stupid its fact!!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:55 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:

Its not really stupid to say a goal that was never a goal wasn't a goal. :dizzy: Even if it could or would have been one. Bottom line is that it wasn't a goal. Thats not stupid its fact!!

yes if you read and understood my point you would understand what i meant

dont be pedantic
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby StLGooner » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:59 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:

dont be pedantic

Well if you understood that I didn't understand what you misunderstood, then there would be no misunderstanding here. :dizzy: ;)

don't be scottish. :smartass:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:01 pm

i will take that as an apology

thanks.
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby ScottishLass » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:20 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:

dont be pedantic

Well if you understood that I didn't understand what you misunderstood, then there would be no misunderstanding here. :dizzy: ;)

don't be scottish. :smartass:

Dont label us all like little asbo kid in the corner there. :P :sneaky:
ScottishLass
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Libertine » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:20 pm

Only just watched the game.
Not too disappointed with a point, given the circumstances (10 men).
Good, battling second half performance. Even a man short we created better chances than them, bar the Modric effort which was practically the last kick of the game.

I thought Gallas was outstanding, our best player by a mile.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby GunnGunn » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:25 pm

Libertine wrote:Only just watched the game.
Good, battling second half performance. Even a man short we created better chances than them, bar the Modric effort which was practically the last kick of the game.

Agree about Gallas, kept our whole defence in check yesterday, he looked like our captain, though he wasn't wearing the armband...
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Artemis8 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:45 pm

jayantmoudgil wrote:
gunngunn wrote:
Libertine wrote:Only just watched the game.

Agree about Gallas, kept our whole defence in check yesterday, he looked like our captain, though he wasn't wearing the armband...

He was an absolute stalwart in the game. I thought he and Almunia had, arguably, their best games this season.

Gallas definatly had a storming game yesterday. We showed great character to hold with 10 men. Eboue is ovbiously passionate but he needs to stop running his mouth and keep his head in the game. Two very silly avoidable cards.
Artemis8

Postby golfinguy » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:17 pm

Fordy wrote:Good old Wenger so he watched the goal three times and he watched the first booking but he still didnt watch the sending off lol

Wenger just doesn't publically denounce his own players. He needs to find a better way to go about it sure, but its his desire to support his players publically that has him 'blind' all the time. Of course he saw it, but doesn't want to comment on it. Again, he could just say that rather than playing the blind man - but at least we know where he's coming from.

As he said - if he (Eboue) retaliated he deserved the card and it will be dealt with. Thats as far as Wenger ever goes in calling out his own players. I'm quite sure privately Eboue will have a boot up his arse, from more than just Le Boss.

Other than his rants about tackles (boo freakin hoo), I think he handles himself well in the press.
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09