Spurs Vs Arsenal | Premiership 08/02/09

Re: Spurs Vs Arsenal | Premiership 08/02/09

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:25 pm

niko197 wrote:and the worst thing is that spurs are really shit. there was only modrić on this pitch, and that was all.

sad game.... :disgust:

disagree. i think your a bit croatia biased here niko, id say there best player by a country mile was palacios
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:28 pm

Don't really know what to say about that game tbh, speechless.
:disgust:

Does anyone know if Clichy's ok?
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:30 pm

Inchpractice wrote:Don't really know what to say about that game tbh, speechless.

It was only a bang on the head. He looked a bit dazed. A couple of days rest at home probably.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby TheSKAGooner » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:40 pm

absolutely_fabregas wrote:
niko197 wrote:and the worst thing is that spurs are really shit. there was only modrić on this pitch, and that was all.

disagree. i think your a bit croatia biased here niko, id say there best player by a country mile was palacios

A far sight better purchase than Keane will turn out to be. Palacios was beastly today against us.
TheSKAGooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby ozgooner » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:23 am

dissapointed in our passing in the middle third of the park
f***ing down right annoyed at eboue
and puzzled as to why le boss didn't drag said t***er after his first yellow

happy with a point after goin to 10 men for 50 or so minutes

"I started clapping myself , until i realised i was Sunderlands manager" - Peter Reid admires a Dennis Bergkamp finish
ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby rodney » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:45 am

Inchpractice wrote:Don't really know what to say about that game tbh, speechless.

Do you still have blind faith in everything Wenger does? It honestly wouldn't suprise me if you were Wenger giving the ignorance of your posts.

singy21 wrote:adebayor will always start so if eduardo plays he will only replace rvp, our best player. but i suppose it does mean that bendter might not even get into the ground let alone be sub.

but either way all those players, plus nasri all look pretty good, its whats behind them thats the problem, and im afraid song, denilson, and eboue will continue to be in our midfield.

cahill and arteta outclassed them, palacios and modric did, and im sure that trend will continue. they even made lucas look good a few weeks back.

I don't think Ade will be a definite starter. Wenger has already come out and said he hasn't reached the form he did of last season. There is no doubt in some games he will favour the height of Ade, but Eddy and Robin is the ticket imo.

Once Rosicky and Theo are back Eboue will be nowhere near the midfield. Diaby and Cesc were both missing today otherwise one of Denilson or Song wouldn't have started. I fully expect Wenger to go out and buy a defensive midfielder to partner Cesc in the Summer. I actually thought Song had one of his best games today. Showed a lot of fight and heart for the battle. Won his tackles and broke up play very well.
rodney
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby StLGooner » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:36 am

gunngunn wrote:
bigben wrote:
gunngunn wrote:And you know what makes me laugh, for all Wengers vision, how the f**k could he not see the player that Palacios would turn into?

palacios world class right now

Exactly, and he came to us, impressed in his trial, yet Wenger sent him on his way to Steve Bruce? What in the utter f**k was he thinking?

The guy is destroying our midfield, he is decimating it, pissing all over it, call it what you like but he is doing it.

:rofll: One good game and he's world class, and Wengers an idiot. :rofll: We should just put all your post in the knee jerk thread. I think you forgot that more than half the midfields we went up against this year we've made look good.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby golfinguy » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:53 am

ChVint22 wrote:
gunngunn wrote:
bigben wrote:
gunngunn wrote:And you know what makes me laugh, for all Wengers vision, how the f**k could he not see the player that Palacios would turn into?

Exactly, and he came to us, impressed in his trial, yet Wenger sent him on his way to Steve Bruce? What in the utter f**k was he thinking?

The guy is destroying our midfield, he is decimating it, pissing all over it, call it what you like but he is doing it.

:rofll: One good game and he's world class, and Wengers an idiot. :rofll: We should just put all your post in the knee jerk thread. I think you forgot that more than half the midfields we went up against this year we've made look good.

True that. We all know why Wenger didn't keep him - we had Flamini, Gilberto, Diarra - Palacios had no place. But I still wonder why we didn't pursue in the summer after all three of the above listed were gone.
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby golfinguy » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:55 am

rodney wrote:

Do you still have blind faith in everything Wenger does? It honestly wouldn't suprise me if you were Wenger giving the ignorance of your posts.

Wow - was a pretty simple statement and question - where does all the venom come from?
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby golfinguy » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:01 am

TheSKAGooner wrote:Ade's out for 3 weeks. Lets hope his hamstring doesn't go the way of Rosicky's.

So, we get Eduardo back, and GREAT to at least see him on the bench today. Cesc might...might be back in time for the Roma CL clash (God...I hope so!). Theo's getting close to a return. And Arshavin will be coming online shortly as well.

Do we move RVP up to first striker and Eduardo as second with Arshavin to the midfield/wing? Shava at #2 with RVP up top? Theo and Arshavin on the wings with Nasri to the center til Cesc is fully fit or Arshavin to the center with Theo/Nasri on the wing?

In a way, losing Ade might be a blessing in disguise. With him starting, he's only ever going to play up top. Without him, I think we have a bit more flexibility in the lineup and can mix/match according to the opponent.

I like the bolded option the best - even after Cesc is fit. Nasri can do a better job than Denilson.

But I'm afraid we're just going to see a consistent serving of Bendtner with Ade injured. Probably little mixing and matching. Wenger is very predictable in league matches, he only ever tinkers during Cup ties.
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby StLGooner » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:03 am

Git wrote:I am PROUD of Arsenal today.

f**k anyone who tries to take that away.

:clap: :clap:

Me too!!!!!!

I love you Git, totally non-gay way though so don't get excited. ;)
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby StLGooner » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:21 am

golfinguy wrote:
rodney wrote:

Wow - was a pretty simple statement and question - where does all the venom come from?

You will slowly get to know Rodney, he only post shit like this. All very, very negative.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby StLGooner » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:24 am

golfinguy wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
gunngunn wrote:
bigben wrote:

True that. We all know why Wenger didn't keep him - we had Flamini, Gilberto, Diarra - Palacios had no place. But I still wonder why we didn't pursue in the summer after all three of the above listed were gone.

Yea, we had plenty of options then, maybe he should've bought him back maybe not, he did look good today, but how hard is that against Song (even though he had a good game), and Denilson in midfield and us going down to 10 men. I think the guy is good, but no where near world class like some of these post have said on here. :dizzy:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby niko197 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:34 am

absolutely_fabregas wrote:

i agree, palacios was man of the match, but i was talking about creativity, he was only bright spot in that game. but at the end he was the tragic figure, thank you lord.
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:42 am

rodney wrote:

What a bizarrely random insult?
Care to back it up with an example?

By the way, there is a teeny contradiction in that sentence. It wouldn't surprise you if I was Wenger given the ignorance of my posts?? So effectively you're saying Wenger is ignorant.

Yep. :clap:
Makes a lot of sense.
Thick as pigshit is Wenger. Total fuckwitt obviously.
We'd be better off replacing him with someone who actually has intelligence, like you. :rolleyes:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09