Arsenal Vs West Ham | Premiership 31/01/2009

Re: Arsenal Vs West Ham | Premiership 31/01/2009

Postby Inchpräctice » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:38 pm

gunngunn wrote:You lot really need to think about what you post before you post it.

RvP has been slogging his guts out, it makes sense to give him a break from starting a game, he has played the part of striker and creator for the entire month.

The one person who understands what's going on here. :rolleyes:
It's called resting your best player so he doesn't get burnt out or injured while he's on fire.
We need him on Tuesday, and we can always bring him on if things aren't going our way.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Trina » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:39 pm

Stop wrapping him up in cotton wool. Do you see any other players who are playing great being dropped so they can have a little rest and a cup of tea?
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Fordy » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:40 pm

Come on GES he only gets about £60,000 a week you can't expect him to play 3 games in 7 days.

You should try it when your at work, sorry boss just done 2 days im going to have to rest for the next one
Fordy

Postby Git » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:41 pm

I think we're all missing the point here. Gallas and Toure are partnering each other in defence.

Uhm. Why?
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Fordy » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:42 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
gunngunn wrote:You lot really need to think about what you post before you post it.

RvP has been slogging his guts out, it makes sense to give him a break from starting a game, he has played the part of striker and creator for the entire month.

The one person who understands what's going on here. :rolleyes:
It's called resting your best player so he doesn't get burnt out or injured while he's on fire.
We need him on Tuesday, and we can always bring him on if things aren't going our way.

People seem to have given up on the league, if you ask me finishing in the top 4 should be the single most important thing to your club right now. So why not rest him on tuesday because losing today will be bad for you.
Fordy

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:43 pm

Fordy wrote:Come on GES he only gets about £60,000 a week you can't expect him to play 3 games in 7 days.

You should try it when your at work, sorry boss just done 2 days im going to have to rest for the next one

:rofll: Must be hard on these players, I bet they're exhausted! :rolleyes:

Trina, spot on. It's not like we even have the squad to afford the luxury of letting our best player at the moment sit out a must win game is it?
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby GunnGunn » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:43 pm

Trina wrote:Stop wrapping him up in cotton wool. Do you see any other players who are playing great being dropped so they can have a little rest and a cup of tea?

Trina, this is not Adebayor, this is RvP, the man we have all come to know as having glass leg syndrome, this is not wrapping him up in cottom wool, its playing it safe.

He has been working harder than just about any other player, ran the most, done the most, been battered the most, i could understand if we had played Everton last weekend, but we didn't we played them on Wednesday, i wouldn't have expected him to play.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Artemis8 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:43 pm

gunngunn wrote:The first 45 minutes of the game are the most strenuous on the body

Thats rubbish. He's been playing well. he should start. then take him off, and bring on bendtner who is good coming of the bench
Artemis8

Postby Trina » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:45 pm

gunngunn wrote:
Trina wrote:Stop wrapping him up in cotton wool. Do you see any other players who are playing great being dropped so they can have a little rest and a cup of tea?

Trina, this is not Adebayor, this is RvP, the man we have all come to know as having glass leg syndrome, this is not wrapping him up in cottom wool, its playing it safe.

He has been working harder than just about any other player, ran the most, done the most, been battered the most, i could understand if we had played Everton last weekend, but we didn't we played them on Wednesday, i wouldn't have expected him to play.

I understand that completely, but every game is so important right now and RVP is the only one in the whole team who is actually doing something.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:46 pm

Youngie wrote:
gunngunn wrote:The first 45 minutes of the game are the most strenuous on the body

Thats rubbish. He's been playing well. he should start. then take him off, and bring on bendtner who is good coming of the bench

That makes the most sense.

1. Bendtner has shown that he is best coming off the bench this season

2. The first 45 minutes is nothing compared to the closing stages of the game, when RVP would be running his arse off if he comes on to try and win the game, as you are proposing
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:54 pm

looking forward to seeing rob green play the game of his life again. He always plays well vs us
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby piskiesurfer » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:55 pm

http://www.justin.tv/intelllllll

This one seems quite good.

Any more available, just in case this one goes down and I start thumping my laptop?
piskiesurfer
Liam Brady

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:58 pm

Bristol_Gunner wrote:looking forward to seeing rob green play the game of his life again. He always plays well vs us

Every keeper seems to don't they? :rolleyes:

The last thing I'll say about RVP is this. With him on the bench, and on current form, the only way we're going to score is through Nasri, IF he has a decent game. There's nobody else on the pitch that I can see scoring in all honesty :(

Saying that, I hope to God I'm proved wrong :pray:
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Fordy » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:00 pm

Fordy

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:01 pm

Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle