Arsenal Vs West Ham | Premiership 31/01/2009

Re: Arsenal Vs West Ham | Premiership 31/01/2009

Postby ScottishLass » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:37 pm

Youngie wrote:
ScottishLass wrote:Denilson was good from what I seen, real dogged attitude and busted a gut to break stuff up.

Well i dont know what game you were watching. He was a waste of space. He might aswell of been playing cricket for the amount of sixes he would of hit. He had one long range shot that was satisfactory, but apart from that he stank. You cant honestly contest to me that he is worthy of his place in the team. Id have Vieira back any day.

Yup your right.. Lets sell Denilson and get Vieira back. Should be easy enough. :dizzy:
ScottishLass
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Yorkyblue » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:38 pm

gilz wrote:were absolutley f***ing horse shit and aint worth a wank any more same old shit ...wenger wont spend ........ he still has faith in eboue and denilson........... and same old shit with injuries every season .......... a litte bit of luck on our behalf is well over due to be honest
but never the less we aint the team we once used to be ....every dog has its day and weve had ours and im gutted ...but thats life. just a decent match to watch would be nice, and some effort from the players .....maybe a bit of creativity aswell to boot! ive heard fellow gooners say maybe weve been spoilt ? ...............i dont know ......all i do know is im sick to the back teeth .......we cant even finish off f***ing west twatting ham ! bring on next season and a fresh start !

Have you supported Arsenal for about 4 years?
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby vcool24 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:39 pm

Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:
madaboutplanes wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:
madaboutplanes wrote:Both team are not walk-overs where we can just grab points. Not happy about the results but the only positive is that we came out unscathed.

Can't say we came out of it completely unscathed.
Diaby stretchered off, Eboue injured.
That's two fewer midfielders when we're already thin!

I was referring to not losing a game but agree with you on that! The injuries are piling up :angry:

Did anyone see VanPersie limp for a short period just after he came on? What was that? Hope he's ok...

It's the not winning games that's bothering me.

Worst team in the Wenger era, by a mile :angry: :crybaby:

hey..sniper..team..is as good.as the team of 04 season.....but this team...just lag one simple ability. :dontknow: ...tht is...long shot on goal..frm outside the penatly area.....THis season i hardly saw any shot ....Pls somebody told wenger to work on tht...bcoz...gunner hardly hit on goals..
vcool24
Liam Brady

Postby arseman » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:41 pm

Having a field day aren't we?
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby vcool24 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:43 pm

ScottishLass wrote:
Youngie wrote:
ScottishLass wrote:Denilson was good from what I seen, real dogged attitude and busted a gut to break stuff up.

Well i dont know what game you were watching. He was a waste of space. He might aswell of been playing cricket for the amount of sixes he would of hit. He had one long range shot that was satisfactory, but apart from that he stank. You cant honestly contest to me that he is worthy of his place in the team. Id have Vieira back any day.

Yup your right.. Lets sell Denilson and get Vieira back. Should be easy enough. :dizzy:

Totally agreed.....it's better to play vela or song...whole 90 mins then denilson.
vcool24
Liam Brady

Postby arseman » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:45 pm

vcool24 wrote:
ScottishLass wrote:Yup your right.. Lets sell Denilson and get Vieira back. Should be easy enough. :dizzy:

Totally agreed.....it's better to play vela or song...whole 90 mins then denilson.

:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby ScottishLass » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:46 pm

Why all the Denilson bashing? He didn't play that badly. Granted I only seen the second half but f**k me he couldnt of been THAT bad in the first.
ScottishLass
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby GunnGunn » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:48 pm

He wasn't bad, at all.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby LilG » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:50 pm

Personally I think Denilson is a great midfielder for us and he will go on to be world class. Today I thought he was great, he was there trying his best to score and thats all we can ask for, is for him to try his best...

Carry on :) ....
LilG
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby thebish » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:55 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
Irish_Gooner wrote:Unfortunately my updates a bit slow at tome of posting. Bloody bolton!!

Well just to cheer you up, Bolton made it 3-2.

we tried our best to cheer you up!
thebish

Postby vcool24 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:00 pm

ScottishLass wrote:Why all the Denilson bashing? He didn't play that badly. Granted I only seen the second half but f**k me he couldnt of been THAT bad in the first.

If passing a ball from left winger to right...is a good game to u..then sorry...I don't think so..
HE's playing as CM..and he is supposed to be creating..chances not..passing to other to create.
I'm not sayin he's a bad player...i'm just sayin..his game is not makin any diff to the side.tht's it.
:arsesmile:
vcool24
Liam Brady

Postby jacy_babi » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:01 pm

i think that denilson is great
jacy_babi
Liam Brady

Postby Trina » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:12 pm

On the overall performance of his side…
“We gave everything for 90 minutes and I believe we restricted them to nothing. We had 70 per cent of the possession but we have produced a great defensive team display, showed great desire until the last minute but they defended very well.

“We lacked some creativity in the final third, the final pass and from some set pieces. They were very strong in defence I must say with James Collins and Matthew Upson and that’s why we couldn’t score.

“I can’t fault the spirit but I believe as well that we lost a bit of sharpness from playing on Sunday at Cardiff, on Wednesday a very physical game at Everton and maybe that was why we lacked a bit of sharpness to score.”

On the pairing of William Gallas and Kolo Toure in defence…
“It can happen. We rotate it and we have to because we play Tuesday night and I might play [Johan] Djourou again. I am very happy with him as well. It depends on who we play against as well and I’m happy with our defensive unit, their performances and my central defenders especially today.”

On the injuries to Emmanuel Eboue and Abou Diaby…
“Diaby looks quite serious but he got a yellow card today that rules him out of the Tottenham game, for Tuesday night he is injured anyway. He got a big knock on his thigh, he had one in the first half and another one in the second half. Eboue is the same.”

On the decision to leave Robin van Persie on the bench…
“[the thinking was] Not to get him injured. We have to be cautious with him because we have played three games in six days and he played absolutely every minute. He had some bad experiences when we pushed it a little bit too far playing on Sunday and Wednesday.”

On the fans’ frustration…
“I can understand. I know the fans want to win all the games and I accept that maybe the fans aren’t happy. It was a London derby if you imagine that they are 10 points ahead in the championship and we draw 0-0, nobody would’ve found this game absolutely scandalous. I feel the attitude of the team was right we cannot question the commitment. We have to give credit to West Ham as well, they defended very well; they came to defend and defend and defend and they did that.

“I am not frustrated because I believe the good thing about the game is that any problem the opponents gives to you, you can use that as a way to improve and find a solution. Today we couldn’t but I believe it can make us better if we can find a chance to open defences up and punish the team who defend like this.”

On the ongoing Andre Arshavin saga…
“[Will something happen?] Maybe or maybe not but it doesn’t worry me too much I must say. Don’t forget that we have some other players that can unlock defences like [Cesc] Fabregas, like [Theo] Walcott and like [Tomas] Rosicky who aren’t available at the moment but could be in the next few months.

“We are not far away but now we have a bit of time now the game is over until Tuesday night. Monday night is the deadline so we’ll see what can be done in 24 hours. With the experience I have, anything can happen in a transfer.”

Arsenal.com
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby GunnGunn » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:14 pm

Trina wrote:
On the overall performance of his side…
“We gave everything for 90 minutes and I believe we restricted them to nothing. We had 70 per cent of the possession but we have produced a great defensive team display, showed great desire until the last minute but they defended very well.

“We lacked some creativity in the final third, the final pass and from some set pieces. They were very strong in defence I must say with James Collins and Matthew Upson and that’s why we couldn’t score.

“I can’t fault the spirit but I believe as well that we lost a bit of sharpness from playing on Sunday at Cardiff, on Wednesday a very physical game at Everton and maybe that was why we lacked a bit of sharpness to score.”

On the pairing of William Gallas and Kolo Toure in defence…
“It can happen. We rotate it and we have to because we play Tuesday night and I might play [Johan] Djourou again. I am very happy with him as well. It depends on who we play against as well and I’m happy with our defensive unit, their performances and my central defenders especially today.”

On the injuries to Emmanuel Eboue and Abou Diaby…
“Diaby looks quite serious but he got a yellow card today that rules him out of the Tottenham game, for Tuesday night he is injured anyway. He got a big knock on his thigh, he had one in the first half and another one in the second half. Eboue is the same.”

On the decision to leave Robin van Persie on the bench…
“[the thinking was] Not to get him injured. We have to be cautious with him because we have played three games in six days and he played absolutely every minute. He had some bad experiences when we pushed it a little bit too far playing on Sunday and Wednesday.”

On the fans’ frustration…
“I can understand. I know the fans want to win all the games and I accept that maybe the fans aren’t happy. It was a London derby if you imagine that they are 10 points ahead in the championship and we draw 0-0, nobody would’ve found this game absolutely scandalous. I feel the attitude of the team was right we cannot question the commitment. We have to give credit to West Ham as well, they defended very well; they came to defend and defend and defend and they did that.

“I am not frustrated because I believe the good thing about the game is that any problem the opponents gives to you, you can use that as a way to improve and find a solution. Today we couldn’t but I believe it can make us better if we can find a chance to open defences up and punish the team who defend like this.”

On the ongoing Andre Arshavin saga…
“[Will something happen?] Maybe or maybe not but it doesn’t worry me too much I must say. Don’t forget that we have some other players that can unlock defences like [Cesc] Fabregas, like [Theo] Walcott and like [Tomas] Rosicky who aren’t available at the moment but could be in the next few months.

“We are not far away but now we have a bit of time now the game is over until Tuesday night. Monday night is the deadline so we’ll see what can be done in 24 hours. With the experience I have, anything can happen in a transfer
.”

Arsenal.com

Posted this bit in the Arsh thread, what a joke :rolleyes:
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:27 pm

vcool24 wrote:
Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:
madaboutplanes wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:
madaboutplanes wrote:Both team are not walk-overs where we can just grab points. Not happy about the results but the only positive is that we came out unscathed.

Can't say we came out of it completely unscathed.
Diaby stretchered off, Eboue injured.
That's two fewer midfielders when we're already thin!

I was referring to not losing a game but agree with you on that! The injuries are piling up :angry:

Did anyone see VanPersie limp for a short period just after he came on? What was that? Hope he's ok...

It's the not winning games that's bothering me.

Worst team in the Wenger era, by a mile :angry: :crybaby:

hey..sniper..team..is as good.as the team of 04 season.....but this team...just lag one simple ability. :dontknow: ...tht is...long shot on goal..frm outside the penatly area.....THis season i hardly saw any shot ....Pls somebody told wenger to work on tht...bcoz...gunner hardly hit on goals..

As good as the team in '04?

Seriously???

No. Just no
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09